[SPOILERS] The Didact

Now, unless you’ve not been on Waypoint in the last day or so, you’ll know that in the latest vidoc (‘A hero awakens’) a page of script was shown, ‘confirming’ that the Didact will be in Halo 4, more to the point, that we’ll be fighting him in Halo 4. Lot’s of people have been wondering, ‘how could 343 be so careless? Revealing the main antagonist in a piece of script.’ Well, I don’t think they were. In my opinion, the script ‘leakage’ was intentional, and it was fake. I think they threw this info out there to stop us speculating on who the antagonist is, and make us all think it’s the Didact. The thing is, if you look at the Forerunner Trilogy by Greg Bear, the Didact seems to be friendly to humans, and far from evil. It would make no sence for him to be the antagonist. So what do you guys think? Vote in the poll and comment below!

There’s already a 7 page thread discussing the script.

> Now, unless you’ve not been on Waypoint in the last day or so, you’ll know that in the latest vidoc (‘A hero awakens’) a page of script was shown, ‘confirming’ that the Didact will be in Halo 4, more to the point, that we’ll be fighting him in Halo 4. Lot’s of people have been wondering, ‘how could 343 be so careless? Revealing the main antagonist in a piece of script.’ Well, I don’t think they were. In my opinion, the script ‘leakage’ was intentional, and it was fake. I think they threw this info out there to stop us speculating on who the antagonist is, and make us all think it’s the Didact. The thing is, if you look at the Forerunner Trilogy by Greg Bear, the Didact seems to be friendly to humans, and far from evil. It would make no sence for him to be the antagonist. So what do you guys think? Vote in the poll and comment below!

1. Halo 4 will come out b4 silentium, so Halo 4 will reveal the info not silentium
  2. Why did you make this thread?

> There’s already a 7 page thread discussing the script.

That thread is mainly just about fighting the Didact, and Cortana getting involved. I wanted to make one specifically discussing whether the script is real or not.

> > There’s already a 7 page thread discussing the script.
>
> That thread is mainly just about fighting the Didact, and Cortana getting involved. I wanted to make one specifically discussing whether the script is real or not.

Well if they made they script… It seems legit.

As he was reluctant to fire the halo’s to begin with calling it genocide… I don’t think he is the ancient evil.
I agree it was likely put in the video on purpose to throw us off or something.

> > There’s already a 7 page thread discussing the script.
>
> That thread is mainly just about fighting the Didact, and Cortana getting involved. I wanted to make one specifically discussing whether the script is real or not.

Well the script is real, because it’s in a 343 vidoc, and in that vidoc jen taylor is voicing out the lines in the script, and the poll has nothing to do with the legitimacy of the script because the poll is asking if the didact is the enemy or not.

This whole thread is basically an attempt at attention after seeing the ammount of attention the other one got. We’re currently discussing over at this if the didact is the enemy or not, there’s no point making an entire new topic on it, it’s just an annoyance.

> 1. Halo 4 will come out b4 silentium, so Halo 4 will reveal the info not silentium
> 2. Why did you make this thread?

By Silwntium, I meant that in Silentium (and in Halo 4 I guess) we will find out why the Didcat’s perspective has changed.

Answered number 2 above.

Could a mod please lock this thread, it was poorly planned and the community would rather discuss this on CosmicOverDose’s thread.

The didact will be a huge player in the game thats for sure.

Rather or not hes the ancient evil nobody will know until 33i releases that information.

The script was obviously real. They have no reason to purposely fake something.

My opinion is that there is a lot more to the story then anybody knows.

My guess is that theres something far worse then the forerunners in the Reclaimer Trilogy.