SPOILERS - Old enemy confirmed

While it’s probably no surprise that <mark>Hunters</mark> and <mark>Brutes</mark> are in the game since we knew we are fighting the Covenant again it does surprise me that we fight them so late in the game. Assuming that there are only 8 missions we will fight Hunters in at least the 7th mission and maybe Brutes in the 8th mission.

The Hunters in the 7th mission are confirmed by achievements in today’s weekly update. The Brutes are more of an assumption from the announcement of the Gravity Hammer achievement in the 8th mission so I easily admit that this might not be.

Now I don’t have a problem fighting old enemies but I was kind of hoping that we would be fighting Covenant enemies in the beginning and fighting a bunch of brand new Forunner enemies towards the end of the game. Again, please understand that I’m not saying this makes things good or bad. I have no idea. I’m just thinking out loud.

I’m wondering how the Elites and Brutes are going to interact with each other. The Great Schism is still occurring, so this should be interesting.

I’m hoping that the Brutes look intimidating and monster-like this time around. I’m hoping they go for a Halo 2 Brute style (graphically updated of course).

Hunters are in as well! I can’t wait to see them again, and hopefully they’ll be even more of a challenge to fight this time around.

It is likely that Sangheili will take charge as exclusive leaders, while any Jirilhanae would serve as simple soldiers and servants who. This is evidenced in Glasslands.

> I’m wondering how the Elites and Brutes are going to interact with each other. The Great Schism is still occurring, so this should be interesting.
>
> I’m hoping that the Brutes look intimidating and monster-like this time around. <mark>I’m hoping they go for a Halo 2 Brute style (graphically updated of course).</mark>
>
> Hunters are in as well! I can’t wait to see them again, and hopefully they’ll be even more of a challenge to fight this time around.

That would be great!

Hunters and brutes, huh? Man, I was hoping for something new.

> <mark>I’m hoping they go for a Halo 2 Brute style (graphically updated of course).</mark>

Hybrid H2/H3/Reach

I swear to the Forerunner gods, if the hunters and brutes look like dinosaurs too, people will die. I’m a man of my word. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

When/where did they confirm that brutes and hunters are the main enemy? Keep in mind there could be more than 8 levels.

In the gameplay trailer, I don’t think brutes and hunters were riding around in the cryptum.

It will be interesting to see how the Covenant act with/against the new enemy, will the Covenant comply with total submission or will they find the new enemy as enemies just like the Humans

> When/where did they confirm that brutes and hunters are the main enemy? Keep in mind there could be more than 8 levels.
>
>
>
> Edit: In the gameplay trailer, I don’t think brutes and hunters were riding around in the cryptum.

Nobody said that they were the main enemy, just that old enemies are returning.

For all we know the “strom” and brutes may not be working together, but they could be but who knows. Theres so many possibilities they could be with the storm, they could be with the elites like in glasslands its possible that the prophets could be coming back and sent the brutes to requiem.

I’m definitely interested in how this all plays out with at least 2 Covenant factions and possibly 2 Forunner factions. Grasslands does give us a good idea of the interactions to come. Let’s not even bring up ONI.

My post wasn’t really about how they will interact. It’s more about I guess I was expecting to fight Forunner technology/enemies towards the 2nd half of the game. I get the feeling from 343 that the Forunners will have as a diverse amount of “things” to fight as we have already with the Covenant.

> When/where did they confirm that brutes and hunters are the main enemy? Keep in mind there could be more than 8 levels.
>
> In the gameplay trailer, I don’t think brutes and hunters were riding around in the cryptum.

Please, please read a post before you comment on that post. Nobody said any thing about main enemy. There’s a lot of things you didn’t see in the trailer that are confirmed for the game.

Also, while it’s possible that they are hiding achievements I highly doubt it. The same thing was done with Reach, and I believe Halo 3, and nothing changed when the game was released.

>
>
>
> In the gameplay trailer, I don’t think brutes and hunters were riding around in the cryptum.

Way to read the OP

> It is likely that Sangheili will take charge as exclusive leaders, while any Jirilhanae would serve as simple soldiers and servants who. This is evidenced in Glasslands.

^ This.

> Hunters and brutes, huh? Man, I was hoping for something new.

We have something new, very new… Prometheans.

> I swear to the Forerunner gods, if the hunters and brutes look like dinosaurs too, people will die. I’m a man of my word. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I’m sure the hunters will still be eels and the brutes giant gorillas. Changing the others was one thing but changing these two would make absolutely no sense.

Brutes are back? I only saw hunters.

> Brutes are back? I only saw hunters.

It’s only speculation, but still plausible at this point considering the return of the Gravity Hammer, a Brute weapon.

Truthfully, I’m excited to fight the new enemies, and play a whole game with them, and the covenant at the end is just a bonus. I think this sounds awesome.

16 Hunter appearances on AotCR Legendary. Will H4 be the first Halo game to beat that?