[SPOILERS] Legendary ending

So I just completed legendary campaign solo (omg the stress) and the only difference with the ending I saw was RIGHT at the end where master chief takes his helmet off. Before it just went black and now a 1 second glimpse of his face with dark around his eyes…

Whats up with this?

it’s the legendary ending. Were you expecting his full face? If Bungie never bothered to make a face for MC, I’m guessing the thought never even crossed 343i. The dark is there to denote stress I suppose. MC has been fighting the Covie war for around 10 years now mind you.

> it’s the legendary ending. Were you expecting his full face? If Bungie never bothered to make a face for MC, I’m guessing the thought never even crossed 343i. The dark is there to denote stress I suppose. MC has been fighting the Covie war for around 10 years now mind you.

Add about 17 years to that

and that’s not even counting the 4 years he spent in cryo between Halo 3 and Halo 4

I don’t think they should have even shown what they did. But I’m in the minority it seems when it comes to that opinion.

This game is slowly becoming Call of Duty: Space OPS rather than Halo.

Why are you posting spoilers in the title? -Yoink- move man.

There is such a thing known as the “two week rule” where you have to warn people before giving away major spoilers.

> I don’t think they should have even shown what they did. But I’m in the minority it seems when it comes to that opinion.
>
> This game is slowly becoming Call of Duty: Space OPS rather than Halo.

Why is this generation of gamers think that COD is the only FPS in the world and that every FPS is copying it. I have played all the COD, BF, MOH, and Halo games. There feel and play nothing like each other.

> > it’s the legendary ending. Were you expecting his full face? If Bungie never bothered to make a face for MC, I’m guessing the thought never even crossed 343i. The dark is there to denote stress I suppose. MC has been fighting the Covie war for around 10 years now mind you.
>
> Add about 17 years to that
>
> and that’s not even counting the 4 years he spent in cryo between Halo 3 and Halo 4

yeah it started in late 2525, halo 3 ended in like march 2553 so already a little over 28 years for that. then the 4 years 7 months something or other time in cryo sleep. so this would be taking place in about October or November of 2557.
note that was off the top of my head, i might be off with the year.

so if you think about it, your playing as a bad -Yoink- roughly 42 year old super soldier. xD

> I don’t think they should have even shown what they did. But I’m in the minority it seems when it comes to that opinion.
>
> This game is slowly becoming Call of Duty: Space OPS rather than Halo.

Oh, I didn’t realise that the only thing separating Halo from CoD was not seeing what the Chief looked like.

> Why are you posting spoilers in the title? -Yoink!- move man.
>
> There is such a thing known as the “two week rule” where you have to warn people before giving away major spoilers.

That’s not really a spoiler it doesn’t give away anything involving the story he just said they show his eyes. So what?

> > I don’t think they should have even shown what they did. But I’m in the minority it seems when it comes to that opinion.
> >
> > This game is slowly becoming Call of Duty: Space OPS rather than Halo.
>
> Why is this generation of gamers think that COD is the only FPS in the world and that every FPS is copying it. I have played all the COD, BF, MOH, and Halo games. There feel and play nothing like each other.

thats were i get screwed over anytime i switch from halo to ANY other FPS. i instinctually try playing like halo and keep having to readapt, although crysis 2 didnt take long to adapt to.

> > I don’t think they should have even shown what they did. But I’m in the minority it seems when it comes to that opinion.
> >
> > This game is slowly becoming Call of Duty: Space OPS rather than Halo.
>
> Why is this generation of gamers think that COD is the only FPS in the world and that every FPS is copying it. I have played all the COD, BF, MOH, and Halo games. There feel and play nothing like each other.

It’s the fashionable thing to do these days. There are a few people who draw reasonable similarities between Halo and CoD, and those who jump on the bandwagon and take every chance they get to bash the game because something they liked was changed and possibly to feel like they fit in, or something. I’m willing to bet that if the majority of “Halo 4=CoD” morons (and by morons I mean the mindless haters regurgitating the valid points of others without fully understanding them) weren’t aware of the comparison, it never would’ve crossed their minds.

The way I thought about the blackness of his eyes was because Cortana was the light and now that she’s gone… he can’t “see”.