(Spoilers) IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!!!!!!

So we’re all wondering why the didact said humanity wasn’t worth it, well heres a thought…

ONI seems a bit trigger happy if you ask me, infinity was successfully tested on sanghelios (elite homeworld). Not only that but they control several halo rings.

This probably explains why infinity was turned into “peaceful”
purposes and why the UNSC seemed to recover from a costly war so quickly. After all, why need a war machine when you have the galaxies most powerfull weapons at your disposal. If some problem occurs, just simply mention them, and everything goes back to normal.

My point is, ONI is becoming to fregin’ powerful. It almost sounds like they’re becoming the big group version of the Master Builder.

This was in the “A Hero Awakens” vid, it goes something like this…

“Chief is a guardian, Cortana is chief’s guardian, the forerunners were the guardians of their own universe, and they might have to make a decision not everyone is going to agree with, that some might condemn…”

That makes sense now doesn’t it?

Nah, not really, it is ok for them to destroy tons of human worlds but not the other way around? Not to mention unless humanity wants to destroy them selfs they wouldn’t activate a halo. Of course unless they found out how to target just a certain species

How would the Didact know about how bad ONI is, or anything, while chilling in a Cryptum? Even before the Infinity’s testing he’s hated humans. Nevermind the fact the Ur-Didact regretted what he did to humanity and the Bornsteller-Didact had two human friends. And I must say, wanting to destroy humans would be a terrible way to honor his wife’s memory.

Still, I agree ONI is becoming way too powerful, but they shouldn’t be the sole reason for the Didact’s aggression.

> How would the Didact know about how bad ONI is, or anything, while chilling in a Cryptum? Even before the Infinity’s testing he’s hated humans. Nevermind the fact the Ur-Didact regretted what he did to humanity and the Bornsteller-Didact had two human friends. And I must say, wanting to destroy humans would be a terrible way to honor his wife’s memory.
>
> Still, I agree ONI is becoming way too powerful, but they shouldn’t be the sole reason for the Didact’s aggression.

Halo’s can be fired at minimum range. if they did it right of course. If they did, surely the military commander of the forerunners would know instantly imo.

I really doubt the Didact would try and get rid of humans, he was in love with the Liberian, and she liked Humans, I really doubt he would try and get rid of a race that his love liked.

The Didact I think will be like the Arbiter was in Halo 2 and 3 . .

As for ONI being all powerful like that, I really doubt the Master Chief and the Forerunners would allow ONI to do whatever they wanted.

I think Master Chief and ONI might be enemies at somepoint . . ONI has always been a shady and corrupt thing in the Halo universe.

> > How would the Didact know about how bad ONI is, or anything, while chilling in a Cryptum? Even before the Infinity’s testing he’s hated humans. Nevermind the fact the Ur-Didact regretted what he did to humanity and the Bornsteller-Didact had two human friends. And I must say, wanting to destroy humans would be a terrible way to honor his wife’s memory.
> >
> > Still, I agree ONI is becoming way too powerful, but they shouldn’t be the sole reason for the Didact’s aggression.
>
> Halo’s can be fired at minimum range. if they did it right of course. If they did, surely the military commander of the forerunners would know instantly imo.

Again…how? The Halos were fired in Halo: Cryptum and he had no knowledge of the fact.

> > > How would the Didact know about how bad ONI is, or anything, while chilling in a Cryptum? Even before the Infinity’s testing he’s hated humans. Nevermind the fact the Ur-Didact regretted what he did to humanity and the Bornsteller-Didact had two human friends. And I must say, wanting to destroy humans would be a terrible way to honor his wife’s memory.
> > >
> > > Still, I agree ONI is becoming way too powerful, but they shouldn’t be the sole reason for the Didact’s aggression.
> >
> > Halo’s can be fired at minimum range. if they did it right of course. If they did, surely the military commander of the forerunners would know instantly imo.
>
> Again…how? The Halos were fired in Halo: Cryptum and he had no knowledge of the fact.

The monitor’s (if they aren’t disabled). and as for cryptum, it happened before they were fired. No procedures/instructions on how to handle things

But again, if he is in a Cryptum on Requiem, how could he contact the Monitors? It’s been established none of the Halo Monitors could communicate with one another. The only way he’d find out is if he went to a Halo and asked…but his hatred of humans is already pre-established.

> But again, if he is in a Cryptum on Requiem, how could he contact the Monitors? It’s been established none of the Halo Monitors could communicate with one another. The only way he’d find out is if he went to a Halo and asked…but his hatred of humans is already pre-established.

Remeber what happened to Onyx, it became…active after something happened on delta halo.

> How would the Didact know about how bad ONI is, or anything, while chilling in a Cryptum?

The only thing I can think of, is that weird light that goes through the ship in some of the videos released so far. Maybe it had the ability to scan all computers/systems and doing so aquired all the knowledge necessary to make that decision.

Personally I dont agree with OP, but as for your statement, that light is the only explanation at this point I can think of that would explain anything.

Link

> But again, if he is in a Cryptum on Requiem, how could he contact the Monitors? It’s been established none of the Halo Monitors could communicate with one another. The only way he’d find out is if he went to a Halo and asked…but his hatred of humans is already pre-established.

I agree with Decepticon. there’s too many variables just floating about to know for certain what the situation is. I’ve got a feeling the Thursday War will give us more info into this, but right now, I’m more leaning towards a split personality disorder in the Didact then the reason Infinity’s re-purpose.

> > But again, if he is in a Cryptum on Requiem, how could he contact the Monitors? It’s been established none of the Halo Monitors could communicate with one another. The only way he’d find out is if he went to a Halo and asked…but his hatred of humans is already pre-established.
>
> Remeber what happened to Onyx, it became…active after something happened on delta halo.

And yet the Engineers inside of Onyx had explicit protocols to NOT answer or broadcast any messages to the outside world. It took a big effort to make them talk.

> > But again, if he is in a Cryptum on Requiem, how could he contact the Monitors? It’s been established none of the Halo Monitors could communicate with one another. The only way he’d find out is if he went to a Halo and asked…but his hatred of humans is already pre-established.
>
> I agree with Decepticon. there’s too many variables just floating about to know for certain what the situation is. I’ve got a feeling the Thursday Wart will give us more info into this, but right now, I’m more leaning towards a split personality disorder in the Didact then the reason Infinity’s re-purpose.

Infinty’s testing supposably happened during the thursday war intle leaked version of the book on amazon.

> > > But again, if he is in a Cryptum on Requiem, how could he contact the Monitors? It’s been established none of the Halo Monitors could communicate with one another. The only way he’d find out is if he went to a Halo and asked…but his hatred of humans is already pre-established.
> >
> > I agree with Decepticon. there’s too many variables just floating about to know for certain what the situation is. I’ve got a feeling the Thursday Wart will give us more info into this, but right now, I’m more leaning towards a split personality disorder in the Didact then the reason Infinity’s re-purpose.
>
> Infinty’s testing supposably happened during the thursday war intle leaked version of the book on amazon.

The Didact still wouldn’t have any way to know about it though.

> > > > But again, if he is in a Cryptum on Requiem, how could he contact the Monitors? It’s been established none of the Halo Monitors could communicate with one another. The only way he’d find out is if he went to a Halo and asked…but his hatred of humans is already pre-established.
> > >
> > > I agree with Decepticon. there’s too many variables just floating about to know for certain what the situation is. I’ve got a feeling the Thursday Wart will give us more info into this, but right now, I’m more leaning towards a split personality disorder in the Didact then the reason Infinity’s re-purpose.
> >
> > Infinty’s testing supposably happened during the thursday war intle leaked version of the book on amazon.
>
> The Didact still wouldn’t have any way to know about it though.

The light that scanned infinity. promethians show up after it crashed. just a thought

> > > > > But again, if he is in a Cryptum on Requiem, how could he contact the Monitors? It’s been established none of the Halo Monitors could communicate with one another. The only way he’d find out is if he went to a Halo and asked…but his hatred of humans is already pre-established.
> > > >
> > > > I agree with Decepticon. there’s too many variables just floating about to know for certain what the situation is. I’ve got a feeling the Thursday Wart will give us more info into this, but right now, I’m more leaning towards a split personality disorder in the Didact then the reason Infinity’s re-purpose.
> > >
> > > Infinty’s testing supposably happened during the thursday war intle leaked version of the book on amazon.
> >
> > The Didact still wouldn’t have any way to know about it though.
>
> The light that scanned infinity. promethians show up after it crashed. just a thought

The Forward Unto Dawn wouldn’t have records of the Infinity’s actions on Sanghelios as it has been drifting in an unknown portion of space for 5 years.

> > > But again, if he is in a Cryptum on Requiem, how could he contact the Monitors? It’s been established none of the Halo Monitors could communicate with one another. The only way he’d find out is if he went to a Halo and asked…but his hatred of humans is already pre-established.
> >
> > I agree with Decepticon. there’s too many variables just floating about to know for certain what the situation is. I’ve got a feeling the Thursday Wart will give us more info into this, but right now, I’m more leaning towards a split personality disorder in the Didact then the reason Infinity’s re-purpose.
>
> Infinty’s testing supposably happened during the thursday war intle leaked version of the book on amazon.

Please put an appropriate alert next time before you put that kind of stuff in the open. As for the information, I wouldn’t doubt it getting leaked, what I doubt is it no longer being accurate because it got leaked.

according to the E3 demo cheif didn’t encounter prometheans until after the infinity landed on requiem.