*SPOILERS* How will 343 factor into the saga?

Since 343/Chakas is now in control of the Rubicon and headed to where he thinks the Librarian is alive & well, how do you all think he is going to factor into the Chief’s suspected journey to the Ark to find Mendicant Bias in the next game??

Do you think Chief will head to the Ark of his own accord, or will he meet with/ run into 343 and after finding out the Ark is not totally destroyed, realise Mendicant Bias may still be alive and seek him out in an effort to find some way of bringing Cortana back and helping with her rampancy?

Curios to see what people think.

~ Duck.

It’d be nice to see old 343 again.

If they’re to meet I think 343 will persuade the Chief to acompany him to find the Librarian. With talks of regret and what not. Perhaps they fight, then “shake hands” and agree to find the librarian. If they find her, she might point them towards the Ark. I don’t know, speculation speculation.

Either way, if 343 does show up I hope that stuff gets explained as this stuff happens in the books, even though I’ve read the Forerunner saga.

didnt 343 die in halo 3?

> didnt 343 die in halo 3?

Apparently not.

> didnt 343 die in halo 3?

Guilty Spark didn’t die, only his physical form was destroyed. His mind remained and has since taken over the UNSC Rubicon and is piloting the ship somewhere that remains to be a mystery.

I don’t think Chief will start trusting 343 again. That bulb killed Johnson and nearly managed to do the same with John. Chief may apparently just neutralize him on sight.

> I don’t think Chief will start trusting 343 again. That bulb killed Johnson and nearly managed to do the same with John. Chief may apparently just neutralize him on sight.

Very true, and that’s what I thought. …but John isn’t stupid enough to just kill him without finding out first how he isn’t dead. Especially after what happened to Cortana. From the moment that penny drops, he’ll mine GS for info.

~ Duck.

> > didnt 343 die in halo 3?
>
> Guilty Spark didn’t die, only his physical form was destroyed. His mind remained and has since taken over the UNSC Rubicon and is piloting the ship somewhere that remains to be a mystery.

Spot on, Andy.

~ Duck.

I will quite enjoy having 343 as giant Battleship

I thought the Ark and 343 was destroyed…

I cant remember but didn’t a book say 343 cloned himself or something? and then jacked a research vessel and journeyed somewhere?

343 GS might not remember who MC is.

Just sayin.

I hope he goes rampant.

> I cant remember but didn’t a book say 343 cloned himself or something? and then jacked a research vessel and journeyed somewhere?

The last part, yes. Not so much the first part though. His remains were acquired by a UNSC vessel, as mentioned by others here, before his Hard Drive died out. However, he transferred his memories into the vessel, put the humans to sleep and drifted off.

Did this occur in the forerunner trilogy? I have the novels but I am reading through the Kilo-V ones at the moment

Considering GS is on his way to the new Lifeshaper, he’ll probably play a big role in the introduction of the surviving Forerunners.

> Considering GS is on his way to the new Lifeshaper, he’ll probably play a big role in the introduction of the surviving Forerunners.

I’m assuming that’s where he’s headed too, Path Kethona or summin right?

~ Duck.

We don’t know exactly where he’s heading yet. Path Kethona is indeed a possibility, but his ship might fall apart before he gets there. But we do know that he’s finally found out where the Lifeshaper is (which wouldn’t be the Librarian, since she passed the title of Lifeshaper on before she died) and is on his way to them

No not exactly, but it’s the only real logical explanation as to where Bornstellar, Chant to Green & the others went given that they didn’t stay on the ark, and didn’t want to head back into the Milky Way itself.

There were theories/rumors about Halo 5/Xbox One being an Open World Game. Tons of Articles on it all around the internet. I can’t share it though because they are considered leaks… from what I am aware of. Regardless let me get to my point.

What if the story begins right after Halo 4, Chief gets decommissioned, going to Earth, Sad over the loss of Cortana, etc. Strange events begin to happen to him, perhaps in relation to the Cortana Flash Backs… but with the librarian, all of which happen after the UNSC RUBICON Arrives… maybe the Rubicon, being 343 Guilty Spark, WILL BE Chiefs Ship that he utilizes to get to the Lesser Ark to Awaken Mendicant Bias. Its pure speculation yes, but its a good one in my opinion. Especially with how much proof we have that this game will be much bigger, and A LOT longer and capable of much better things.

> There were theories/rumors about Halo 5/Xbox One being an Open World Game. Tons of Articles on it all around the internet. I can’t share it though because they are considered leaks… from what I am aware of. Regardless let me get to my point.
>
>
> What if the story begins right after Halo 4, Chief gets decommissioned, going to Earth, Sad over the loss of Cortana, etc. Strange events begin to happen to him, perhaps in relation to the Cortana Flash Backs… but with the librarian, all of which happen after the UNSC RUBICON Arrives… maybe the Rubicon, being 343 Guilty Spark, WILL BE Chiefs Ship that he utilizes to get to the Lesser Ark to Awaken Mendicant Bias. Its pure speculation yes, but its a good one in my opinion. Especially with how much proof we have that this game will be much bigger, and A LOT longer and capable of much better things"

Seems possible.

I’m also wondering how Offensive Bias will come into things. Wasn’t he still alive after MB was entombed?

~ Duck.