!Spoilers! Halos 1 - 5 Comparison

Here are the biggest parts of each Halo game so far with each story.

Halo CE: Twist- Halo doesn’t kill flood, it kills its food. Humans, Covenant, whatever.
Climax- Sets the Pillar of Autumn to destabilize its fusion reactors and escapes with a warthog then Longsword before it and Halo blows up.

Halo 2: Twist- Tartarus and the Brutes have been ordered to wipe out the Elites by the Prophets.
Climax- The Arbiter starts an uprising against the Covenant and stops Tartarus from foolishly activating Delta Halo.
(I get Master Chief’s ending was just a cliffhanger but he had his share of killing Regret which causes the Great Schism)

Halo 3: Twist- The flood help you stop Truth from firing the rings. You realize the only way to stop the flood is to actually activate the first Halo that was being rebuilt by the Ark. I believe what the marine in The Ark level saw in the sky was our Milky Way galaxy so activating Halo would not kill Earth and other colonies and alien planets. Suddenly Guilty Spark goes rampant and attacks Johnson killing him because Alpha Halo replacement was not ready for firing.
Climax- Master Chief and the Arbiter escape the malfunctioning ring with a warthog to the Forward until Dawn carrier before Alpha Halo blows up again.

Halo 4: Twist- Cortana was dying.
Climax- Master Chief nearly gets composed by the Didact, but Cortana comes in to sacrifice herself to save Chief and stop the Didact.

Halo 5- Twist- Cortana’s alive and evil and she united all Created against Creators.
(To be honest, I kinda saw that coming. Roland the AI was defending Cortana and everyone ridiculed him. An entire planet was controlled by Sloan the AI and he suddenly ditched it after the Guardian was awoken. This was the first time I saw Roland so I assumed with all of these new AIs in the story, there must be something significant regarding them to happen. Also created stuff like robots have turned on their creators in past old movies and shows. Twilight Zone twist.)
Climax- ______________________?
A. Blue team is saved by Osiris
Problem: The story lead up to this moment? Disappointing. All you had to do was hold forward to rescue them. Not even a QuickTime event at least.
B. Cortana attacks colonies
Problem: Colonies were being attacked the whole time by awakening of the Guardians. But the player does nothing during that time. Wouldn’t be a good climax.

Note: I’m not a troll hating on Halo 5. I love its multiplayer, but I have a reason to dislike its story.

Every past Halo game had stories that has been building up to the climax, the biggest part of each story, but I don’t see what Halo 5’s climax was. Halo 2’s climax was in the Arbiter story because he was sent by Gravemind to stop Delta Halo from firing. But Locke and Chief’s stories melded together pretty much from the start and the whole campaign felt like it was just building up for Halo 6. That is why I was not satisfied with this story.

Did you guys figure it out?

And don’t just call me a hater and say the story was amazing with no details. I would like to know what was the climax of the story.

Cortana sends Guardians to unknown places and then vanishes herself; looming unknown threat?

oh yeah and … hater hater sweet potater! j/k

It feels like Halo 6 should be Halo 5.5.

The next game might be Halo 5: [new name]

The plot twist is that the created have turned on Humanity, This plot point with Cortana has been hinted at since Halo 2.

H5 Climax:

AI rebellion

> 2808718160480362;8:
> H5 Climax:
> AI rebellion

It’s not a climax because that happens at the very end and nothing we do ever affects it or stops it. That is the twist but not the climax. The climax will happen in Halo 6 so Halo 5 is an unfinished campaign.
I’ll update the first post to include that.

There might have been a climax, but a climax needs to be resolved in order to have a complete story. Halo 2, while it gets hate for its cliffhanger ending, still did actually resolve at least some of the conflict. With Halo 5, there was no resolution whatsoever. It wasn’t even a cliffhanger ending, because nothing actually ended except the number of missions you could play. It just stopped, right as it was teetering on the edge of something interesting. That’s just bad writing, no matter how you look at it.

OP I must disagree. The climax is the guardians rising. But halo 5 in itself is a huge bridge to halo 6. It perfectly sets up

1: Locke and his team. Allowing halo 6 to be more equal or more about 117 and blue team

2: Sets up humanity not only being put down into weakness. But lack of friendly a.is mean humanity is also blind

3:Sets up a big theme for halo 6. Taking back our planets. Possible peace with Covenant species. And an under dog type game that halo has needed since Reach.

4:We know our enemies. Any species totally in line with cortana. And the guardians. And we know our allies.

Maybe it didn’t have a big climax. But it was good but again its setting up a ton. Would be weak if you just defeated the Guardians in one level and won.

> 2533274857577417;9:
> > 2808718160480362;8:
> > H5 Climax:
> > AI rebellion
>
>
> It’s not a climax because that happens at the very end and nothing we do ever affects it or stops it. That is the twist but not the climax. The climax will happen in Halo 6 so Halo 5 is an unfinished campaign.
> I’ll update the first post to include that.

All the climax’s you posted happened at the very end, and nothing you could do would affect or stop it anyways as well. Cortana alone is the twist, the near total rebellion is the climax.

climax: Chief has been captured and spartan Loke only has moments to get him and blue team back before Cortana takes him away forever. Locke and his team need to fight through covenant and Prometheans to reach the things that will allow the monitor to release him. Why the covenant is protecting cortana idk.

The issue isn’t a lack of climax, the climax was there. The issue is a lack of resolution/falling action. The climax happened, and then the game ended. That’s the problem.

So it was just anti-climatic. Nothing really got done. It ended so abruptly.

> 2535414702608740;11:
> OP I must disagree. The climax is the guardians rising. But halo 5 in itself is a huge bridge to halo 6. It perfectly sets up
>
> 1: Locke and his team. Allowing halo 6 to be more equal or more about 117 and blue team
>
> 2: Sets up humanity not only being put down into weakness. But lack of friendly a.is mean humanity is also blind
>
> 3:Sets up a big theme for halo 6. Taking back our planets. Possible peace with Covenant species. And an under dog type game that halo has needed since Reach.
>
> 4:We know our enemies. Any species totally in line with cortana. And the guardians. And we know our allies.
>
> Maybe it didn’t have a big climax. But it was good but again its setting up a ton. Would be weak if you just defeated the Guardians in one level and won.

1. Locke and his team are hardly noted. Like who the heck are Vale and Tanaka. And who the heck are Blue Team? (I know who they are because background lore, but seriously they talk as much as Chief in the whole campaign)
    We all know Buck and you would only know Locke if you watched Nightfall. They could’ve been fleshed out more. We understood the Arbiter in Halo 2 because he believed in the Prophets. But he started feeling doubtful when he hears that the holy Oracle sided with the so called Heretic. Then suddenly the Brutes are ordered to kill the Elites and the Arbiter learns the truth from Gravemind and Master Chief. You can see what character the Arbiter is. From a praised commander to a disgraced Arbiter, we follow his footsteps until he learns the truth of Halo from the Oracle. It was really awesome to watch how he starts a rebellion against the Brutes.
    What does Locke do in the campaign? Goes after Chief and asks him to stand down. They have a fist fight which was my personal highlight of the game. Then Locke has to find Chief and warn him about something Chief already knew. This guy was pretty useless until he saved Blue Team. His missions were really boring and just go from Point A to Point B. All Locke does is follow orders. I don’t know, but Locke really didn’t seem interesting at all. Just another soldier.
  2. Sure AI are rebelling but this entire game was just a buildup to Halo 6. They should’ve just made this game into a prologue to Halo 6. Levels were short anyway.
  3. Yeah Halo 6 now sounds interesting but Halo 5 could’ve been so much more. We could’ve actually tried hunting Chief who we think activated the Guardians and we search for clues, find them and have an actual fight with Master Chief! Imagine that. We could’ve tried to get Arbiter’s help to get to Chief and try to bring him down, but then Arbiter refuses and attacks Locke. From Chief’s side he follows Cortana’s trail and sides with the Prometheans to get to Cortana fighting the Covenant. Then Cortana could’ve revealed herself and we would have an epic fight in stopping her from using a Guardian to destroy Infinity just to slow her plan down. Those are just out of the top suggestions but I thought Halo 5 would blow my mind like previous games.
  4. We know out enemies but seriously I didn’t need to play the whole campaign to learn all that.
    Anti-climatic. It is setting up a lot but we are talking about Halo 5 here not Halo 6.

> 2808718160480362;12:
> > 2533274857577417;9:
> > > 2808718160480362;8:
> > > H5 Climax:
> > > AI rebellion
> >
> >
> > It’s not a climax because that happens at the very end and nothing we do ever affects it or stops it. That is the twist but not the climax. The climax will happen in Halo 6 so Halo 5 is an unfinished campaign.
> > I’ll update the first post to include that.
>
>
> All the climax’s you posted happened at the very end, and nothing you could do would affect or stop it anyways as well. Cortana alone is the twist, the near total rebellion is the climax.

Halo CE: Successfully beat the Sentinels and Guity Spark and escaped Halo before it blew up and you did that.
Halo 2: Killed Tartarus to stop the ring from firing. You did that.
Halo 3 Killed Guilty Spark and escaped with a warthog. You did that.
Halo 4: Eh you didn’t do much just a cutscene and quick time events.
Halo 5: Cutscene

> 2535414702608740;11:
> OP I must disagree. The climax is the guardians rising. But halo 5 in itself is a huge bridge to halo 6. It perfectly sets up
>
> 1: Locke and his team. Allowing halo 6 to be more equal or more about 117 and blue team
>
> 2: Sets up humanity not only being put down into weakness. But lack of friendly a.is mean humanity is also blind
>
> 3:Sets up a big theme for halo 6. Taking back our planets. Possible peace with Covenant species. And an under dog type game that halo has needed since Reach.
>
> 4:We know our enemies. Any species totally in line with cortana. And the guardians. And we know our allies.
>
> Maybe it didn’t have a big climax. But it was good but again its setting up a ton. Would be weak if you just defeated the Guardians in one level and won.

But nobody wants to have a story that’s all set up and no pay off.

Halo 5: Cortana is alive and chief has gone awol
climax: Cortana is evil

Yea the climax would have to be all of Earths defences/colonies being shut down by the rebellious A.I