[Spoilers] Game mentioned in Glasslands

Yes. I know, the title is vague. But what it really means is: Halo: Reach Mentioned in Glasslands.

It’s from the second part of the first chapter on the tor website.

Here’s the quote:

> Halsey bit back the indignation that had been fermenting since she’d first seen complete strangers on Reach daring to wear the Spartans’ Mjolnir armor.

I believe she is talking about Noble Team.

Your thoughts?

I’m actually happy with the way Reach is starting to fit into canon nicely. Still a few questions that need answering, but a very good job by 343.

Anything can be made to work with anything else. New stuff is just made up to make it fit. I mean this in a good way.

thats quite cool

> Yes. I know, the title is vague. But what it really means is: Halo: Reach Mentioned in Glasslands.
>
> It’s from the second part of the first chapter on the tor website.
>
> Here’s the quote:
>
>
>
> > Halsey bit back the indignation that had been fermenting since she’d first seen complete strangers on Reach daring to wear the Spartans’ Mjolnir armor.
>
> I believe she is talking about Noble Team.
>
> Your thoughts?

Very nice find. I was looking for references to Noble Team when I was reading the first two chapters, but I somehow missed that line. A very excellent find, my friend!

Yay. And there was me thinking that I was going to repost something and everyone was going to say stop spamming.

Sometimes the internet surprises you.

> Yay. And there was me thinking that I was going to repost something and everyone was going to say stop spamming.

They weren’t strangers to her though. She knew who they were and they knew who she was. She was aware that they were Spartans (Commander are you a puppet or a Spartan?) and she did that monologue in one of the Reach viDocs about Noble Team.

> They weren’t strangers to her though. She knew who they were and they knew who she was. She was aware that they were Spartans (Commander are you a puppet or a Spartan?) and she did that monologue in one of the Reach viDocs about Noble Team.

She also remembered Jorge quite well b/c he was one of her Spartans. Complete strangers must have been referring to just the rest of Noble Team.

> They weren’t strangers to her though. She knew who they were and they knew who she was. She was aware that they were Spartans (Commander are you a puppet or a Spartan?) and she did that monologue in one of the Reach viDocs about Noble Team.

The monologue, I assume, is actually set between the end of ONI: Sword Base and The Package. She and the Cortana fragment are determining who should carry the latter to Keyes, probably once the latchkey has been analyzed and Halsey’s realized how important it could be to John’s mission.

All she knows when she first meets them, besides Jorge, is that someone has been messing with her Spartan data and now there are Spartans she doesn’t know. She’s not going to display surprise in front of them, not with them as such an unknown quantity and her own position with them in doubt.

Also, don’t forget, Carter was down there before the rest of the team. So we don’t get to see her very first reaction to Noble Team’s existence.

> > They weren’t strangers to her though. She knew who they were and they knew who she was. She was aware that they were Spartans (Commander are you a puppet or a Spartan?) and she did that monologue in one of the Reach viDocs about Noble Team.
>
> The monologue, I assume, is actually set between the end of ONI: Sword Base and The Package. She and the Cortana fragment are determining who should carry the latter to Keyes, probably once the latchkey has been analyzed and Halsey’s realized how important it could be to John’s mission.
>
> All she knows when she first meets them, besides Jorge, is that someone has been messing with her Spartan data and now there are Spartans she doesn’t know. She’s not going to display surprise in front of them, not with them as such an unknown quantity and her own position with them in doubt.
>
> Also, don’t forget, Carter was down there before the rest of the team. So we don’t get to see her very first reaction to Noble Team’s existence.

Yep your right the monologue does come after ONI:Sword Base, but if you noticed in the monologue, Noble Team was listed as MIA meaning ONI maybe was trying to hide there existence. Just saying.