SPOILERS - And the next Halo game will be...?

Not meaning Halo Wars 2. I just finished Halo 5: Guardians and… I’m betting the next Halo will be Halo 5: Part 2 and it’s coming in 2017.

Reasons:

-First “Halo 5” teaser was in 2013, and it’s chronologically set AFTER Halo 5: Guardians. Chief’s helmet was already broken by Locke, he wears a cape and he has a Cortana’s memento in his hand. He’s meeting an ancient guardian (that guardian has wires) and it’s not “wearing” Cortana’s colours.

-“A Hero Falls” live action trailer is dating Chief’s death into October 27, 2560. Halo 5: Guardians takes place in 2558.

-Didact hasn’t yet returned.

-I’ve heard something about next Halo numbered game is coming out in 2017, I don’t know if this info is credible so don’t have it in mind so much.

What’s your opinion?

My final bet: Halo 5: Part 2 releases in 2017, Halo 6 releases in 2020, Xbox 4 launch game.

> 2533274838567478;1:
> Not meaning Halo Wars 2. I just finished Halo 5: Guardians and… I’m betting the next Halo will be Halo 5: Part 2 and it’s coming in 2017.
>
> Reasons:
>
> -First “Halo 5” teaser was in 2013, and it’s chronologically set AFTER Halo 5: Guardians. Chief’s helmet was already broken by Locke, he wears a cape and he has a Cortana’s memento in his hand. He’s meeting an ancient guardian (that guardian has wires) and it’s not “wearing” Cortana’s colours.
>
> -“A Hero Falls” live action trailer is dating Chief’s death into October 27, 2560. Halo 5: Guardians takes place in 2558.
>
> -Didact hasn’t yet returned.
>
> -I’ve heard something about next Halo numbered game is coming out in 2017, I don’t know if this info is credible so don’t have it in mind so much.
>
> What’s your opinion?
>
> My final bet: Halo 5: Part 2 releases in 2017, Halo 6 releases in 2020, Xbox 4 launch game.

The date error was a mistake in editing.

> 2533274838567478;1:
> Not meaning Halo Wars 2. I just finished Halo 5: Guardians and… I’m betting the next Halo will be Halo 5: Part 2 and it’s coming in 2017.
>
> Reasons:
>
> -First “Halo 5” teaser was in 2013, and it’s chronologically set AFTER Halo 5: Guardians. Chief’s helmet was already broken by Locke, he wears a cape and he has a Cortana’s memento in his hand. He’s meeting an ancient guardian (that guardian has wires) and it’s not “wearing” Cortana’s colours.
>
> -“A Hero Falls” live action trailer is dating Chief’s death into October 27, 2560. Halo 5: Guardians takes place in 2558.
>
> -Didact hasn’t yet returned.
>
> -I’ve heard something about next Halo numbered game is coming out in 2017, I don’t know if this info is credible so don’t have it in mind so much.
>
> What’s your opinion?
>
> My final bet: Halo 5: Part 2 releases in 2017, Halo 6 releases in 2020, Xbox 4 launch game.

Very interesting, OP, but I think you are over analyzing stuff a wee bit. In all likelihood, we’ll be enjoying Halo 6 in the fall of 2018-19.

-You may be on to something there and the next Halo game will definitely be a continuation of Halo 5.

-As shown in Hunt the Truth, the 2560 was actually a mistake made by the speaker, it was meant to be 2558.

-Didact got composed, I don’t think he’ll be coming back.

-I heard somewhere 343 is working on each main game in a 3 year cycle, not so sure about that though.

“A massive war between humanity and a Covenant of alien races has plunged the galaxy into chaos, a mysterious shadow government has taken control of Earth and enslaved humanity, massive alien machines patrol star systems and the galaxy has lived in a constant state of tyranny and terror for many years under the rule of the Archon; a seemingly artificial intelligence. However, this ‘Assembly’ - led by the Archon - has used the machines to transport enigmatic and interstellar weapons of mass destruction, of identical origin, into a suspicious formation for ostensibly nefarious purposes. They are called…”

H A L O S

Ok, it’s a mistake, but there’s still no reason in Halo 5: Guardians for that report. And I insist, first “Halo Xbox One teaser” takes place after Halo 5: Guardians, and I refuse to believe that we have to wait for Halo 6 to see what happens in that 2013’s teaser or straight we’re going to play that in Halo 6 with the Chief alone. I don’t think that Halo 6 is going to be again featuring a solo Chief experience, that’s why I think we could get an “expansion” as ODST with the chief alone or a second part of Halo 5 before the final showdown.

In the other hand, it’s possible that this isn’t a trilogy, they’re not bringing back Didact for Halo 6 and Halo is shaped into an episodic format, and I definitely REFUSE to that.

> 2533274994900658;4:
> -You may be on to something there and the next Halo game will definitely be a continuation of Halo 5.
>
> -As shown in Hunt the Truth, the 2560 was actually a mistake made by the speaker, it was meant to be 2558.
>
> -Didact got composed, I don’t think he’ll be coming back.
>
> -I heard somewhere 343 is working on each main game in a 3 year cycle, not so sure about that though.

well, maybe its just a campaign add on, similar to ODST. But to be honest, I see this never happening.

You make an freaking awesome point! IGN posted an article about how Halo 5’s marketing was all wrong, but your theory really explains everything.
-You’re right, MC’s visor was fine at the start of Halo 5

And now that cortana and the other A.I.'s have gone rouge the galaxy is basically set back to the dark ages, hence the “actual” cloak in the 2013 teaser- The only part of the theory that is maybe against you, the date. But I feel it could be worked around. But also with the dualing hunt the truth live action trailers maybe all the things said there, seeingas they weren’t in Halo 5, take place after this “fall” that cortana brings?

  • In Escalation the Didact is composed, but that doesn’t mean he’s dead. Maybe his consciousness is in that “rouge” guardian?
  • I really hope you’re right about the date, that ending was so freaking awesome I was flipping out!

Overall this theory is super cool! Great job, now all I want is for this to come out!!!

> 2533274838567478;6:
> Ok, it’s a mistake, but there’s still no reason in Halo 5: Guardians for that report. And I insist, first “Halo Xbox One teaser” takes place after Halo 5: Guardians, and I refuse to believe that we have to wait for Halo 6 to see what happens in that 2013’s teaser or straight we’re going to play that in Halo 6 with the Chief alone. I don’t think that Halo 6 is going to be again featuring a solo Chief experience, that’s why I think we could get an “expansion” as ODST with the chief alone or a second part of Halo 5 before the final showdown.
>
> In the other hand, it’s possible that this isn’t a trilogy, they’re not bringing back Didact for Halo 6 and Halo is shaped into an episodic format, and I definitely REFUSE to that.

Well they did announce that they are making this halo story a saga, not a trilogy.

> 2533274883235355;9:
> > 2533274838567478;6:
> > Ok, it’s a mistake, but there’s still no reason in Halo 5: Guardians for that report. And I insist, first “Halo Xbox One teaser” takes place after Halo 5: Guardians, and I refuse to believe that we have to wait for Halo 6 to see what happens in that 2013’s teaser or straight we’re going to play that in Halo 6 with the Chief alone. I don’t think that Halo 6 is going to be again featuring a solo Chief experience, that’s why I think we could get an “expansion” as ODST with the chief alone or a second part of Halo 5 before the final showdown.
> >
> > In the other hand, it’s possible that this isn’t a trilogy, they’re not bringing back Didact for Halo 6 and Halo is shaped into an episodic format, and I definitely REFUSE to that.
>
>
> Well they did announce that they are making this halo story a saga, not a trilogy.

  • The Reclaimer Saga was originally known as the Reclaimer Trilogy. However, according to Microsoft’s Phil Spencer, Microsoft “expanded this to more of a saga, so we don’t want to limit the Reclaimer story within a trilogy.”[6]
  • The Halo 4 Limited Edition says “The Reclaimer Saga Begins” on the back of the sleeve.So yes there will be sagas but Halo 4 5 and 6 are part of a trilogy that belongs to the Reclaimer Saga.

Of course Halo will keep being made until people get tired of it so after this trilogy if the game is still popular enough a new Saga will begin.