(spoiler) Why the giant ball is a (--------)

…Precursor1. “The timeless one” lives in a giant sphere.

1. Cortana refers to it as “him” or “he”

2. Prometheans are first encountered LATER in the game.

I don’t think you grasp what the word spoiler means.

> 1. “The timeless one” lives in a giant sphere.
>
> 2. Cortana refers to it as “him” or “he”
>
> 3. Prometheans are first encountered LATER in the game.

1. Where did you hear it lived in a giant sphere? The Timeless One, who was infact a Gravemind, was kept in a Precursor prison of sorts, but the exact description was never given.

2-3. These means nothing.

The giant sphere is a Cryptum, as has been noted here (click on “Artwork”). Cryptums are a sort of cryopod specifically for Warrior-Servants. Now, the fact that the main enemy class are called Prometheans and the Didact’s symbol at the end of the trailer all point to the Didact being the primary antagonist.

It’s a Forerunner cryptum. Therefore I think it’s a Forerunner in there, and I think we all know who :wink:

> > 1. “The timeless one” lives in a giant sphere.
> >
> > 2. Cortana refers to it as “him” or “he”
> >
> > 3. Prometheans are first encountered LATER in the game.
>
> 1. Where did you hear it lived in a giant sphere? The Timeless One, who was infact a Gravemind, was kept in a Precursor prison of sorts, but the exact description was never given.
>
> 2-3. These means nothing.
>
> The giant sphere is a Cryptum, as has been noted here (click on “Artwork”). Cryptums are a sort of cryopod specifically for Warrior-Servants. Now, the fact that the main enemy class are called Prometheans and the Didact’s symbol at the end of the trailer all point to the Didact being the primary antagonist.

1. stasis capsule. (≈cryptum) +It was a gravemind; it was also a precursor. in addition, it has been hinted that these are similar things.

2./ 3. yes they do. Cortana/chief has been in contact with the “sphere” prior to the gameplay-trailer mission. they have not yet encountered forerunner. this can be derived from the nature of the dialogue in the mission.
Arent the didact/librarian/whatever forerunner?

Pro tip: When giving a spoiler, don’t actually put the spoiler itself in your topic’s title. Next time try “I found something out (spoilers).” Now users have fair warning of what’s to come.

But you’re wrong anyway, so no harm done.

> I don’t think you grasp what the word spoiler means.

Thanks.

OP, if you were trying not to be that guy, jjust make the thread title “the sphere” or “the giant ball”

all told, your evidence isn’t very convincing for the dudes who think the sphere contains {spoiler]The Didact hahaha oh wow[/spoiler] or something more likely than that.

> > I don’t think you grasp what the word spoiler means.
>
> Thanks.
>
> OP, if you were trying not to be that guy, jjust make the thread title “the sphere” or “the giant ball”
>
> all told, your evidence isn’t very convincing for the dudes who think the sphere contains {spoiler]The Didact hahaha oh wow[/spoiler] or something more likely than that.

better?

I highly doubt its a precursor, because the new enemies looked like they were made out of the same technology (which is forerunner). therefor it is most likely a forerunner.

[deleted]

> 1. stasis capsule. (≈cryptum) +It was a gravemind; it was also a precursor. in addition, <mark>it has been hinted that these are similar things</mark>.

Have they? Judging from the sudden and drastic change in appearence with the Timeless One and the Primordial, you could argue the Timeless One was never really there in person, but allowed his body to be used to form a more powerful Gravemind, possibly the Halo 2/3 Gravemind’s consciousness being allowed to fully form.

As far as the Precursors and Flood being the same, they don’t appear to literally be the same.

> 2./ 3. yes they do. Cortana/chief has been in contact with the “sphere” prior to the gameplay-trailer mission. <mark>they have not yet encountered forerunner</mark>. this can be derived from the nature of the dialogue in the mission.
> Arent the didact/librarian/whatever forerunner?

And you can say that for a fact, how? I still don’t see how you jump straight to Precursor.

It’s the -Yoink!- flying spaghetti monster-god.

obviously.

[deleted]

> > 1. stasis capsule. (≈cryptum) +It was a gravemind; it was also a precursor. in addition, <mark>it has been hinted that these are similar things</mark>.
>
> <mark>Have they?</mark> Judging from the sudden and drastic change in appearence with the Timeless One and the Primordial, <mark>you could argue the Timeless One was never really there in person,</mark> but allowed his body to be used to form a more powerful Gravemind, possibly the Halo 2/3 Gravemind’s consciousness being allowed to fully form.
>
> As far as the Precursors and Flood being the same, they don’t appear to literally be the same.
>
>
>
> > 2./ 3. yes they do. Cortana/chief has been in contact with the “sphere” prior to the gameplay-trailer mission. <mark>they have not yet encountered forerunner</mark>. this can be derived from the nature of the dialogue in the mission.
> > Arent the didact/librarian/whatever forerunner?
>
> And you can say that for a fact, how? I <mark>still don’t see how you jump straight to Precursor.</mark>

I think it was tto /primordial that stated in cryptum "precursor and flood are synonymous. In other words, a precursor would just be a higher flood form or a flood would just be a lesser extension of a precursor. We know for sure that the flood was the work of the precursors or that it was a remnant of them.

If you watch the game demo again, you’ll see that the orb appears a familiar face, but the forerunner defence AI and knights are something entirely new.

I jump straight to precursor because the orb isn’t shiny purple or dull green. Its that simple.

But hey, this is all speculation anyway right. Might be the flying spaghetti monster or “lungfish” from psychonauts, sometimes I dont even know if the writers know, you know?

> I think it was tto /primordial that stated in cryptum "precursor and flood are synonymous. In other words, a precursor would just be a higher flood form or a flood would just be a lesser extension of a precursor.

The Primordial could’ve been lying, as it did so with the cure for humans. Besides, the Timeless One and Primordial looked completely different between the novels.

> We know for sure that the flood was the work of the precursors or that it was a remnant of them.

Yes.

> If you watch the game demo again, you’ll see that the orb appears a familiar face, but the forerunner defence AI and knights are something entirely new.

Okay…but how does that MEAN Precursor? They could’ve encountered the Covenant prior and then saw the orb. They probably wouldn’t know what it was be it Forerunner or Precursor regardless.

> I jump straight to precursor because the orb isn’t shiny purple or dull green. Its that simple.

That’s terrible logic. The Ark Portal was Forerunner made yet it was purplish in color.

> But hey, this is all speculation anyway right. Might be the flying spaghetti monster or “lungfish” from psychonauts, sometimes <mark>I dont even know if the writers know, you know?</mark>

I think that’s just your personal problem.

Now, the only reason anyone can argue this is if you have read every book, played every game and are over the age of 18…

Let’s begin.

This giant orb is the monitor of the installation. Here is where it will get funky, this monitor is 343 guilty spark. Hold your arguments. You will find this in primordium. 343 is human, or at least, was human. Chakas to be exact. But I am open to thinking this orb is another monitor. But I am 100% sure it’s a monitor.

Now back to the scenario if it’s Guilty. He is trying to find his old friend riser and the young human girl. He believes the didact and librarian are alive (they aren’t the ancient evil!!). He commandeers a human science vessel (maybe it was infinity, I don’t recall). He is the main mind of 343, which might include many human minds. I’m not sure why the monitor is so interested in the infinity but he drew the ship in to requiem. Remember humans are reclaimers.

Next. These prometheans in the trailer are sentinels not living forerunners, deal with it.

I’m jumping around but bare with me.

The ancient evil is the flood created by the precursors who may still live extra-galactically. The flood is coming back. The timeless one is gravemind/precursor/flood. I haven’t tied in how they are the same but precursors created flood spores. Spores mutated and became flood. Flood mutates into graveminds. Timeless one is a precursor. The didact thinks the timeless one is a gravemind but I believe he is mistaken. They killed the timeless one but it was said that in the time of the humans when their ignorance is at a peak, the flood will return. This happened. Humans discovers forerunner ruins and released the flood. So now humans are fighting flood, experimenting with it and now has control of forerunner technology.

If this installation is what we think it is, a shield world that functioned to harbor forerunners. Like the didact and the librarian. Librarian supposedly died on earth. But I believe she will appear later in 5 or 6. The precursors will arrive in 5 or 6.

I guarantee we need to prepare for a painful cliffhanger a million times worse than halo 2.

Ps the ghosts inside humans. Ancient humans. To build mjolnir armor and blue ladies in your head, these ghosts exist in people. People like Halsey. And maybe in John. What will awaken in the chief…?

So please comment. Please read the books, they are great and full of pieces of the puzzle. Email me just_016@hotmail.com