[Spoiler Warning!] Story talk! Halo 5 & 6! Part II

NOTE: I made a previous thread talking about this, however the title of the thread kinda botched it from being a full fledged discussion and instead got major backlash. So I have decided to make a part 2 to that thread and executing it properly this time!

MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

Ok, so as I said before, I beat the campaign of Halo 5 Guardians and saw the Legendary ending with the Halo ring being activated.

So I am curious as to how in the hell Cortana is going to be brought down in Halo 6 at all given that the stakes are at the highest.

This is literally Mass Effect 3 all over again and I remember playing that game and Shephard and the Normady crew faced nearly impossible odds, if they can defeat an overhwelming galactic threat then so can Masterchief along with Locke and the Aribiter!

But here is the reason why I wonder how Cortana is going to be defeated at all given that she has essentially become the Reapers of Mass Effect, Skynet from Terminator and Ultron from Marvel all in one!

First, she has or had the domain on Genesis that gave her Precursor information, cured her of her rampancy and corrupted her, but at the same time made her into a powerful entity beyond that of an AI.

Second, she has the Guardians, the Promethians, all of the Forunner Technology including Halo Arrays and the AI’s across the galaxy on her side and at her disposal.

Third, with all that power and knowledge in her hands, plus the combined ability to be anywhere in the blink of an eye, the galaxy could very much be screwed by stealth tech attacks or malfunctioning equipment.

That being said, Cortana is nearly unstoppable! Unless we have all of the monitors of the Forerunner installations such as 343 Guilty Spark who was resurrected, Exuberant Witness on our side since they are bound to be p*ssed off at the fact that they have been robbed of their installations to say the least.

Combine that with the Librarian who is although technically dead, she has transcended into a higher being and sped up Master Chief’s evolution in Halo 4. So if we go back to Requim and get her on our side, that would be a plus and not too far fetched at this point in the story.

Then the possibility of bringing back Mendicant Bias, an AI that went rogue similar to that of how Cortana has could play an extremely essential role in how to defeat Cortana since she could grant knowledge to the Infinity Crew (which includes the Arbiter and the Sangheili at this point) on how to bring her down and on top of that, help everyone bring Cortana down in general like how Exuberant helped in Halo 5. Mendicant Bias did help Masterchief once before after all, on the Ark through the terminals.

Finally, you have the possibility of Forerunners like the Diadect still out in the Galaxy out there that could form an alliance with all life in the Galaxy in an effort to defeat Cortana and the AI’s once and for all only to deal with the Forerunners that aided you later. Kinda like what happened with the Gravemind and the Covenant in Halo 3.

One thing comes to mind when it comes to all of this! Cortana as we know has been corrupted by the Domain, but still has a heart for Masterchief to the point where she was planning on taking him with her despite the rift that occurred with the two. Also, the fact that she is activating the Halo arrays goes COMPLETELY against what she stood for in the past 4 games! It makes me and probably others wonder if she is being possessed somehow by the Precusors or something, much like how she was possessed by the Gravemind in Halo 3. In other words, there is a chance that she is a puppet on the strings being pulled by an even bigger bad out in the universe. With that said, some believe that in Halo 6, Cortana might be redeemed and either die a noble death by sacrificing herself again to defeat the true enemy or she might simply come back to the good side and be your ally again for Halo 7 and onward.

To top all this off, there IS a theory that some people believe and have been tossing around lately. That being that the real Cortana died in Halo 4 with the rest of her being teleported to the Domain. This can be backed up by what Cortana said at the end of Halo 4 “The rest of me is down there” meaning that a part of her saved Masterchief and the rest of her, which were small fragments got merged back together upon entering the slipspace continuum and got corrupted by the Domain, meaning that the Cortana in Halo 5 is an entirely different Cortana altogether, but just happens to share some aspects of the original, namely her memories and feelings for John 117.

So that all said, I truly wonder how Cortana is going to go down in Halo 6. Do you all think that she is going to be eliminated and finished off once and for all or do you think that there is a chance that she might redeem herself and come back to the good side again? More importantly, overall, how do you all think Cortana is going to be defeated or saved from going down this dark path she has taken in Halo 6?

Tell me your thoughts in the comments below as always!

Cortana was unstoppable, until she decided not to stop you from getting the chief back in the last mission.

> 2533274802548622;2:
> Cortana was unstoppable, until she decided not to stop you from getting the chief back in the last mission
> .

She didn’t decide to not stop Locke, Exuberant Witness stopped her from taking Master Chief!

> 2533274802548622;2:
> Cortana was unstoppable, until she decided not to stop you from getting the chief back in the last mission
> .

Osiris were seconds away from being dead. It was Exuberant who took control of the installation and used it to pull Chief back while the Guardian was locked into its slipspace procedure.

halo 6 plot twist: didact comes back.

Let’s be honest here. If the AI were not Cortana but a guy (e.g. Roland), half the gamer fans of HALO wouldn’t be as invested in this game franchise.

The undersexed nerd effect is real.

> 2533274799357800;5:
> halo 6 plot twist: didact comes back.

Oh yeah! That would be EPIC! Masterchief said himself in the comics that he was not dead, only contained! That being said, he could come back and we could see
Infinity Crew (Blue Team, Orsiris, The Arbiter and Sangheili, etc.) team up with the Diadect to defeat Cortana and the Guardians, only for him to turn on you later and be the main enemy at the end of Halo 6 and later Halo 7!

That would be EPIC to say the least. Hopefully Brian Reed considers something along the lines of this!
The Diadect IMHO was by far the greatest villain in the Halo series! Better than the prophets and Tarturus that’s for sure and on par with the Gravemind!

> 2535472175656268;6:
> Let’s be honest here. If the AI were not Cortana but a guy (e.g. Roland), half the gamer fans of HALO wouldn’t be as invested in this game franchise.
>
> The undersexed nerd effect is real.

Ok, aside from that! How do you think Halo 6 is going to go down? What’s your take on this, given what I said in my initial post?

Nice theory. I hope they expand the campaign to have quantity and quality. The reason why people didn’t like the H5 campaign was that it was mainly quality over quantity. Hopefully halo 6 is 20 hours or so. Anyways it would be cool if the lead writer was also Josep Staten instead of Reed, he is working for Microsoft after all.

That being said the flood could have a very possible return, or perhaps an entire new intelligent species that could disrupt the whole Promethean v Covenant v Flood formula.

> 2533274819075101;9:
> Nice theory. I hope they expand the campaign to have quantity and quality. The reason why people didn’t like the H5 campaign was that it was mainly quality over quantity. Hopefully halo 6 is 20 hours or so. Anyways it would be cool if the lead writer was also Josep Staten instead of Reed, he is working for Microsoft after all.
>
> That being said the flood could have a very possible return, or perhaps an entire new intelligent species that could disrupt the whole Promethean v Covenant v Flood formula.

Thank you! Also, I agree that they should extend the campaign. Maybe we will get a DLC assuming 343 changes their minds given the reception so far…

Another thing that I would like to add is that Reed needs to go! Someone like Josep Staten or Eric Nylund, either of those two really would be great for Halo 6! We also have to keep in mind however that the story of Halo 4 was actually created by Bungie, therefore making Halo 4 a story that Bungie made. They simply handed it over to Microsoft and 343 Industries since Bungie went to work on Halo: Reach instead (Makes you wonder what Halo 4 would be like if Bungie went with Halo 4 rather than handing their script over to 343 o.O). Halo 5: Guardians is an entirely original story, but the fact that Brian Reed wrote it is probably why the campaign was a letdown.

Also the whole, hunt the truth thing with Chief and Locke and the showdown between Blue Team and Orsiris was also a disappointment to many fans. So again, if they had expanded on that, like you said the quantity of the campaign was a huge factor in this, then maybe fans would have liked the campaign more.

Finally, the fact that we didn’t see the return of the Diadect was another factor of why fans were disappointed in Halo 5. In the comics, Masterchief said himself that the Diadect was not dead, but contained. As I said before and what a lot of people across the internet lately have been saying if you can believe it, hopefully the Diadect will make a grand return in Halo 6, be the main antagonist in the last levels of that game and the main antagonist again in Halo 7 since he really was a popular villain!

I’m hoping for a giant 3 team fight, Blue, Osiris, and the Arbiter (with half jaw and the two elites from H3 co-op) vs Cortana and whatever her army is, maybe bring back the Flood, and everybody dies… Except for Arby 'n the Chief.

Let me clarify: Everybody of the 12-man team, except for them.

> 2533274830926790;11:
> I’m hoping for a giant 3 team fight, Blue, Osiris, and the Arbiter (with half jaw and the two elites from H3 co-op) vs Cortana and whatever her army is, maybe bring back the Flood, and everybody dies… Except for Arby 'n the Chief.
>
> Let me clarify: Everybody of the 12-man team, except for them.

If anything bring back the Diadect!