**SPOILER** Jun bad? Rookie dead?

So I get home today to get a text from a friend of mine (who has only played reach and ODST) and it says “343i will F***ing die for there sins!”

I then reply with “what?”

He said that Jun had the Rookie from ODST executed in front of his own squad. Then went on about Jun being a bad guy of Halo 5.

He said he got all this from Halo: New Blood but he also said he could be wrong which I think he is. I looked up a bunch of stuff on this and cant find much.

What the hell is he talking about?

I haven’t read any of the comics or novels btw

Admittedly I haven’t read it yet and am running off what people have said on these forum, but no, the Rookie did not die that way. He does die in New Blood, but Jun isn’t responsible or bad.

Jun did not kill the Rookie. The Rookie was held hostage and executed by Insurrectionists.

http://www.halopedia.org/Rookie

Rookie gets shot in the head by a rebel leader on Dracos III, which is where Buck was born and grew up before he could sign up for the war.

The whole Alpha-Nine team was there, and it was kind of a “hostage” situation and the Rookie made a mistake, followed by Mickey not shooting the rebel leader because he hesitated. Palmer’s Spartan team was around for back-up on the outside of the building or “overwatch” security.

There were almost no covenant in the story except for flashbacks to the ODST campaign game in New Mombasa and another mission the original Alpha-Nine team (which was only Buck from the team we know now, rest died) went on for ONI and Captain Dare.

Ya that is a quick thing about Rookie and the convenant, Jul isn’t part of this story at all, not mentioned once.

Your friend is very misinformed and should take reading comprehension classes.

> 2533274800962187;4:
>
> Rookie gets shot in the head by a rebel leader on Dracos III, which is where Buck was born and grew up before he could sign up for the war.
>
> The whole Alpha-Nine team was there, and it was kind of a “hostage” situation and the Rookie made a mistake, followed by Mickey not shooting the rebel leader because he hesitated. Palmer’s Spartan team was around for back-up on the outside of the building or “overwatch” security.
>
> There were almost no covenant in the story except for flashbacks to the ODST campaign game in New Mombasa and another mission the original Alpha-Nine team (which was only Buck from the team we know now, rest died) went on for ONI and Captain Dare.
>

>
>
> Ya that is a quick thing about Rookie and the convenant, Jul isn’t part of this story at all, not mentioned once.

pretty sure he said Jun not Jul. The Rookie was indeed kill by Captain Ingridson a officer for the Front (URF: united rebel front) a human insurgency operating on Draco III

Is it possible that he believes Jun will be part of Locke’s squad that’s hunting the Chief in Halo 5?

> 2533274935516311;7:
> Is it possible that he believes Jun will be part of Locke’s squad that’s hunting the Chief in Halo 5?

Even then that’s highly unlikely, Jun himself claimed that he was “Far past active duty”.

It would help if your friend actually read the book carefully.

> 2533274846085892;8:
> > 2533274935516311;7:
> > Is it possible that he believes Jun will be part of Locke’s squad that’s hunting the Chief in Halo 5?
>
>
> Even then that’s highly unlikely, Jun himself claimed that he was “Far past active duty”.

A statement I always found rather odd. Jun’s not that old, especially given UNSC med-tech. (He’s what, mid thirties now, which should be mid forties, given his artificial aging?)

I would modify your topic title to avoid possible spoilers for those who have not read New Blood.

My god dude way to spoil part of New Blood. Someone please take this thread down before more people see it.

> 2533274935516311;10:
> > 2533274846085892;8:
> > > 2533274935516311;7:
> > > Is it possible that he believes Jun will be part of Locke’s squad that’s hunting the Chief in Halo 5?
> >
> >
> >
> > Even then that’s highly unlikely, Jun himself claimed that he was “Far past active duty”.
>
>
> A statement I always found rather odd. Jun’s not that old, especially given UNSC med-tech. (He’s what, mid thirties now, which should be mid forties, given his artificial aging?)

probably referring to the point he’s been out of duty for a bit and he’d have to get back into the swing of things so it really would not be worth it.

Sounds like somebody sucks at chunk-reading.

> 2533274922786629;13:
> > 2533274935516311;10:
> > > 2533274846085892;8:
> > > > 2533274935516311;7:
> > > > Is it possible that he believes Jun will be part of Locke’s squad that’s hunting the Chief in Halo 5?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Even then that’s highly unlikely, Jun himself claimed that he was “Far past active duty”.
> >
> >
> >
> > A statement I always found rather odd. Jun’s not that old, especially given UNSC med-tech. (He’s what, mid thirties now, which should be mid forties, given his artificial aging?)
>
>
> probably referring to the point he’s been out of duty for a bit and he’d have to get back into the swing of things so it really would not be worth it.

Getting one of the most experienced and effective S-III’s back into action would be well worth it (and I’m struggling to figure out how he could have been out of action for so long, given the need the UNSC would have for someone like him). I cannot help but feel that this is a ham-fisted, paper thin excuse to push him aside in favor of 343i’s would-be breakout characters…

> 2533274830366691;6:
> > 2533274800962187;4:
> >
> > Rookie gets shot in the head by a rebel leader on Dracos III, which is where Buck was born and grew up before he could sign up for the war.
> >
> > The whole Alpha-Nine team was there, and it was kind of a “hostage” situation and the Rookie made a mistake, followed by Mickey not shooting the rebel leader because he hesitated. Palmer’s Spartan team was around for back-up on the outside of the building or “overwatch” security.
> >
> > There were almost no covenant in the story except for flashbacks to the ODST campaign game in New Mombasa and another mission the original Alpha-Nine team (which was only Buck from the team we know now, rest died) went on for ONI and Captain Dare.
> >

> >
> >
> >
> > Ya that is a quick thing about Rookie and the convenant, Jul isn’t part of this story at all, not mentioned once.
>
>
> pretty sure he said Jun not Jul. The Rookie was indeed kill by Captain Ingridson a officer for the Front (URF: united rebel front) a human insurgency operating on Draco III

Lol F me. Well then Jun is in there a bit here and there.

> 2533274935516311;15:
> > 2533274922786629;13:
> > > 2533274935516311;10:
> > > > 2533274846085892;8:
> > > > > 2533274935516311;7:
> > > > > Is it possible that he believes Jun will be part of Locke’s squad that’s hunting the Chief in Halo 5?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Even then that’s highly unlikely, Jun himself claimed that he was “Far past active duty”.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > A statement I always found rather odd. Jun’s not that old, especially given UNSC med-tech. (He’s what, mid thirties now, which should be mid forties, given his artificial aging?)
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > probably referring to the point he’s been out of duty for a bit and he’d have to get back into the swing of things so it really would not be worth it.
>
>
>
> Getting one of the most experienced and effective S-III’s back into action would be well worth it (and I’m struggling to figure out how he could have been out of action for so long, given the need the UNSC would have for someone like him). I cannot help but feel that this is a ham-fisted, paper thin excuse to push him aside in favor of 343i’s would-be breakout characters…

Jun should feel lucky that he has been reintroduced into the story as a character, and not as a corpse.

Why I think Jun had nothing to do with the rookie getting killed. I do think it is interesting that he just happen to show up again right after it all went down.

> 2533274860901607;17:
> > 2533274935516311;15:
> > > 2533274922786629;13:
> > > > 2533274935516311;10:
> > > > > 2533274846085892;8:
> > > > > > 2533274935516311;7:
> > > > > > Is it possible that he believes Jun will be part of Locke’s squad that’s hunting the Chief in Halo 5?
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Even then that’s highly unlikely, Jun himself claimed that he was “Far past active duty”.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > A statement I always found rather odd. Jun’s not that old, especially given UNSC med-tech. (He’s what, mid thirties now, which should be mid forties, given his artificial aging?)
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > probably referring to the point he’s been out of duty for a bit and he’d have to get back into the swing of things so it really would not be worth it.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Getting one of the most experienced and effective S-III’s back into action would be well worth it (and I’m struggling to figure out how he could have been out of action for so long, given the need the UNSC would have for someone like him). I cannot help but feel that this is a ham-fisted, paper thin excuse to push him aside in favor of 343i’s would-be breakout characters…
>
>
> Jun should feel lucky that he has been reintroduced into the story as a character, and not as a corpse.

More than can be said for Saber and Black Teams. :frowning:

> 2533274935516311;19:
> > 2533274860901607;17:
> > > 2533274935516311;15:
> > > > 2533274922786629;13:
> > > > > 2533274935516311;10:
> > > > > > 2533274846085892;8:
> > > > > > > 2533274935516311;7:
> > > > > > > Is it possible that he believes Jun will be part of Locke’s squad that’s hunting the Chief in Halo 5?
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Even then that’s highly unlikely, Jun himself claimed that he was “Far past active duty”.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > A statement I always found rather odd. Jun’s not that old, especially given UNSC med-tech. (He’s what, mid thirties now, which should be mid forties, given his artificial aging?)
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > probably referring to the point he’s been out of duty for a bit and he’d have to get back into the swing of things so it really would not be worth it.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Getting one of the most experienced and effective S-III’s back into action would be well worth it (and I’m struggling to figure out how he could have been out of action for so long, given the need the UNSC would have for someone like him). I cannot help but feel that this is a ham-fisted, paper thin excuse to push him aside in favor of 343i’s would-be breakout characters…
> >
> >
> >
> > Jun should feel lucky that he has been reintroduced into the story as a character, and not as a corpse.
>
>
> More than can be said for Saber and Black Teams. :frowning:

RIP in reese’s pieces