[SPOILER] Could we see more than 1 Halo 5 title?

I’ve thought it was odd, ever since the mention of it, that Halo 5 will be Subtitled with “Guardians” but with the recent reveal of Osiris/Blue Team missions I started think; what if 343 decided to make more than 1 game with the Halo 5 engine!

Every Halo game has seen an introduction of a new engine except for “Halo 3: ODST” which ironically takes place during Halo 2.

Maybe 343 decided to forgo this confusion in titles by adding “Guardians” as there will be multiple titles? This one just focuses on the “Guardians”.

For example, The Arbiter is still a main character in the story, so what about a “Halo 5: Swords of Sangheilios”?

There are just so many outlets in the Halo universe, it’s not just about Chief anymore, and maybe that’s what happening here? This is Locke’ introduction game, and therefore focuses on Him and his job as a Spartan.

Perhaps we could see another Halo 5 title sporting just Blue Team, “Halo 5: The Reclamation”, the possibilities are endless, and I, for one, think it would be a great idea instead of jumping ship to Halo 6.

There are just so many things going on in the Halo universe I’d say we are being a bit arrogant assuming the MC will always be the star of every major release.

What are your thoughts?

~EDIT - Not really a spoiler but a thought.
At the end if the H5 credits it says “See you on Sangheilios!”

Is this a clue?

Makes sense.

I think it would be pretty awesome to explore other parts of the Halo Universe. I’d imagine a spartan would be involved even if there was a Halo 5: Swords of Sangheilios though so that they can still have the humans involved. Like maybe a spartan team goes to learn about their culture when something happens? You never know.

That would be pretty cool. Especially if the development for the “Halo 5” games wouldn’t take 3 years between games since they wouldn’t have to create a whole new engine.

Would they do a spinoff in the middle of a trilogy? I feel like they’d want to get halo 6 safely out the door before they started thinking about spinoffs. But I agree, this would be super cool.

> 2533274822428288;3:
> I think it would be pretty awesome to explore other parts of the Halo Universe. I’d imagine a spartan would be involved even if there was a Halo 5: Swords of Sangheilios though so that they can still have the humans involved. Like maybe a spartan team goes to learn about their culture when something happens? You never know.

Exactly; I feel like there’s just to much going on in the Haloverse to limit this story arc to 2 points of view.

Perhaps, again using Halo 5: Swords of Sangheilios as an example, it takes place during the breaking of the covenant remnant (shown during the E3 campaign demo), We send a group of Spartans to assist in retaking Sangheilios with the Arbiter, and that story is split between said Spartan team & Arbiter.

From what I understand 343 released a statement that thy are slowly moving away from numerical halo games. After halo 6 regardless of story the Halo games will no longer be numerical. Thing about 10 years from today… Halo 10? Or Halo: Revenge of the Forerunners? Lol

They said months ago when Halo 5 was officially named that they want to move away from numbered Halo titles. I’m sure we’ll see a subtitle for the rest of the Reclaimer Saga and then numbers will simply vanish afterwards

> 2533274822428288;3:
> I think it would be pretty awesome to explore other parts of the Halo Universe. I’d imagine a spartan would be involved even if there was a Halo 5: Swords of Sangheilios though so that they can still have the humans involved. Like maybe a spartan team goes to learn about their culture when something happens? You never know.

I would love a game where you got to play as the Arbiter again. They already have his character model. They already have his home world. Just give us more of it! Or even an Elite fighting for the Arbiter against Jul’s Covenant.

> 2654577101795508;4:
> That would be pretty cool. Especially if the development for the “Halo 5” games wouldn’t take 3 years between games since they wouldn’t have to create a whole new engine.

Exactly, people may say it seems "Call of Duty"esque, but the engine is what takes so long.

> 2535468947915585;5:
> Would they do a spinoff in the middle of a trilogy? I feel like they’d want to get halo 6 safely out the door before they started thinking about spinoffs. But I agree, this would be super cool.

Well I’m not saying a spin off; I’m saying it tells H5’s story from different perspectives and shows different conflicts.

> 2535451882237852;7:
> From what I understand 343 released a statement that thy are slowly moving away from numerical halo games. After halo 6 regardless of story the Halo games will no longer be numerical. Thing about 10 years from today… Halo 10? Or Halo: Revenge of the Forerunners? Lol

They’ve said a lot of things; even that Halo Wars 2 would never happen

I just want a dedicated Halo game where we play as the Arbiter or some kind of an elite. It was cool in Halo 2, but imagine it as it’s own game.
Hell, it would be awesome for a Halo 5 spinoff playing as the Arbiter or something and with the squad system, rather than it being for 3 other specific elites, maybe command an entire group of SoS elites. Playing as the Arbiter would also play differently because he doesn’t have thrusters or all the other abilities(with the possible exception of Sprint), so I think that would be pretty interesting.

> 2533274807544947;10:
> They’ve said a lot of things; even that Halo Wars 2 would never happen

When was that said?

It makes sense to start branching off the numerical, especially if they move away from MC focused games. Like how battlefield has different runs (numbered, bad company, 1943, 2143,etc). As long as they don’t pull a Lucas arts and make a sequel to a sequel (Dark forces, dark forces 2: jedi knight, jedi knight 2: jedi outcast)

> 2533274809541057;12:
> > 2533274807544947;10:
> > They’ve said a lot of things; even that Halo Wars 2 would never happen
>
>
> When was that said?

When they made Spartan Assault

A side-game with different point of view? I’d take that. Could be as the Arbiter and his loyal friends, or… Even a game dedicated to Blue Team and what they’ve been up to behind the scenes in H5 :L

> 2533274883669557;9:
> > 2533274822428288;3:
> > I think it would be pretty awesome to explore other parts of the Halo Universe. I’d imagine a spartan would be involved even if there was a Halo 5: Swords of Sangheilios though so that they can still have the humans involved. Like maybe a spartan team goes to learn about their culture when something happens? You never know.
>
>
> I would love a game where you got to play as the Arbiter again. They already have his character model. They already have his home world. Just give us more of it! Or even an Elite fighting for the Arbiter against Jul’s Covenant.

Honestly that sounds awesome to me, some of the Arbiters missions on Halo 2 are my favorites like Uprising and The Great Journey. Would love to see this happen.

> 2533274794725613;14:
> > 2533274809541057;12:
> > > 2533274807544947;10:
> > > They’ve said a lot of things; even that Halo Wars 2 would never happen
> >
> >
> > When was that said?
>
>
> When they made Spartan Assault

They also denied Halo Anniversary & Halo 2 Anniversary.

> 2533274799153651;16:
> > 2533274883669557;9:
> > > 2533274822428288;3:
> > > I think it would be pretty awesome to explore other parts of the Halo Universe. I’d imagine a spartan would be involved even if there was a Halo 5: Swords of Sangheilios though so that they can still have the humans involved. Like maybe a spartan team goes to learn about their culture when something happens? You never know.
> >
> >
> > I would love a game where you got to play as the Arbiter again. They already have his character model. They already have his home world. Just give us more of it! Or even an Elite fighting for the Arbiter against Jul’s Covenant.
>
>
> Honestly that sounds awesome to me, some of the Arbiters missions on Halo 2 are my favorites like Uprising and The Great Journey. Would love to see this happen.

This would be a fantastic progression of the series. I would love to play as the Arbiter again. I hope there’s something in this game with the Arbiter though.

I honestly just don’t see the story they’ve been building up for HALO 5, not HALO, to fit in 1 game. And SO MUCH is going on. So many loose ends that 343 could cover during this time frame using the same engine.

Honestly though, I was surprised to hear we wouldn’t be playing as The Arbiter in H5, as much as he was in the promotional material.

The more halo the better