[SPOILER] Can someone explain...

OK, If you have not watched the released missions of H5 on youtube/twitch etc then DON’T read the spoiler below…

Or anything else in this thread actually!

Why is Jul fighting the prometheans now? They were best buds in H4/spops?
He is ‘The Didact’s Hand’ right? And the Prometheans are the Didact’s soldiers.
He definitely is fighting them - in the first mission we hear that the Kraken is being used to break the Promethean lines.

Pretty sure I heard some dialogue in one of the missions that he lost control of the Promethean’s and a lot of his followers left his cause, leaving him and whats left weak. And he gets killed pretty easy.

I didn’t hear that dialogue, but it still doesn’t explain why.
I could understand if they were maybe not under his control anymore but they are actually foes now - what could prompt that?

> 2533274962785885;3:
> I didn’t hear that dialogue, but it still doesn’t explain why.
> I could understand if they were maybe not under his control anymore but they are actually foes now - what could prompt that?

Pretty sure the Awakening of the Guardians did that. The Prometheans are probably following orders from the Wardens and working towards something big, so they don’t need the Covenant anymore.

Thanks for the responses guys but still, I feel like a Promethean actor in a play helplessly saying

“But what’s my motivation here?”…

Edit - and also why do I seem to be the only one asking this question or confused by this?
I feel like everybody knows something I don’t.

They might not be from the same group.

There’s forerunner ships around both times they have a presence, yet Requiem exploded before you see Jul taking any ships away. They also have Soldiers who aren’t technically Promethean, just forerunner constructs. They could have somehow usurped control.

On a related note, its also quite possible the Domain, Guardians and/or Warden Eternal have something to do with it.

> 2533274962785885;5:
> and also why do I seem to be the only one asking this question or confused by this?
> I feel like everybody knows something I don’t.

I saw it pop up a few times in the live streams. I think most people just assume it’ll come up eventually, as we don’t quite know the goals of the Guardians/Domain/Warden yet. Clearly they run counter to the Covenant though.

Well,
It just seems like everybody is taking this major plot twist a bit casually. XD

Maybe it just doesn’t matter given what happens to Jul after.

> 2533274962785885;5:
> Thanks for the responses guys but still, I feel like a Promethean actor in a play helplessly saying
>
> “But what’s my motivation here?”…
>
> Edit - and also why do I seem to be the only one asking this question or confused by this?
> I feel like everybody knows something I don’t.

Actually i just asked this question recently in another thread.
The beginning of 5 reminded me of the beginning of 4 where the Covenant were there and there was no explanation why.
Hopefully the reason is like some one said above and

it’s tied to the Guardians.

Anyway the Prometheans voice is similar to the Halo 2 sublimal message voice.

> 2533274915926813;8:
> > 2533274962785885;5:
> > Thanks for the responses guys but still, I feel like a Promethean actor in a play helplessly saying
> >
> > “But what’s my motivation here?”…
> >
> > Edit - and also why do I seem to be the only one asking this question or confused by this?
> > I feel like everybody knows something I don’t.
>
>
> Actually i just asked this question recently in another thread.
> The beginning of 5 reminded me of the beginning of 4 where the Covenant were there and there was no explanation why.
> Hopefully the reason is like some one said above and
> it’s tied to the Guardians.

Thats how I feel about it. Can’t believe they’ve done it again!

Who knows. An issue of Halo: Escalation comes out next Wednesday and next month as well so we’ll probably get answers there.

> 2533275021221244;2:
> Pretty sure I heard some dialogue in one of the missions that he lost control of the Promethean’s and a lot of his followers left his cause, leaving him and whats left weak. And he gets killed pretty easy.

See, I wasn’t sure what to make of Jul’s death.

On one hand, it seemed underwhelming for a character that has had so much build up over the course of, what, three years?

On the other, maybe that’s a testament to just how efficient Locke is as a Spartan. He took down Jul with a few slashes to the torso and a stab in the neck.

i think they were only with him as they had similar goals now jul must have done something the promethians didn’t like