Splitting the community?

I hope 343 doest completely spilt the community into tu fans and vanilla reach fans. I really want to play the TU changes on all playlists and not having to switch between gameplay styles to play different gametypes :confused: what do you guys think?
also I really hope 343 change the rate of fire for the DMR and not have it extremely overpowered.

Nvm, I misinterpreted your post lol.

> Nvm, I misinterpreted your post lol.

Edit:Cause you changed your post my dots don’t make sense :frowning:

343 has already stated on numerous occasions that if you like Halo: Reach “as is” you will be able to keep playing it that way. Not sure how this would split the community any more than playing SWAT or Living DEAD as opposed to TS or any other playlist does.

It really should be called “The Halo: Reach Classic Playlist Title Update”

These new changes in the Title Update will only affect the Anniversary Playlist Gametypes. Vanilla Reach will still be there waiting for you. The beautiful thing is now you can swap between the two.

If you don’t like Vanilla Reach, go to Anniversary Reach.

If you don’t like Anniversary Reach, go to Vanilla Reach

Its this kind of thinking that has given me high hopes for the Inheritors of the Franchise, 343 Industries.

> Its this kind of thinking that has given me high hopes for the Inheritors of the Franchise, 343 Industries.

Having options is almost always a good thing. :slight_smile:

> It really should be called “The Halo: Reach Classic Playlist Title Update”
>
> These new changes in the Title Update will only affect the Anniversary Playlist Gametypes. Vanilla Reach will still be there waiting for you. The beautiful thing is now you can swap between the two.
>
> If you don’t like Vanilla Reach, go to Anniversary Reach.
>
> If you don’t like Anniversary Reach, go to Vanilla Reach
>
> Its this kind of thinking that has given me high hopes for the Inheritors of the Franchise, 343 Industries.

Well even so, it is going to split the community between playlists. The thing is there is always going to be squabble between the competitive community and casuals. Even though the separation of playlists in-game isn’t that huge, on the forums there will always be people suggesting things for competitive game-play and casual game-play. And these group will always oppose the others ideals and opinions.

> It really should be called “The Halo: Reach Classic Playlist Title Update”
>
> These new changes in the Title Update will only affect the Anniversary Playlist Gametypes. Vanilla Reach will still be there waiting for you. The beautiful thing is now you can swap between the two.
>
> If you don’t like Vanilla Reach, go to Anniversary Reach.
>
> If you don’t like Anniversary Reach, go to Vanilla Reach
>

yes I know… I like the classic gameplay too but still does this mean I cant play alot of gametypes with the TU gameplay? and half the population will be playin the vanilla while half will be playing the TU? i really dont like that :confused: i wish it was all the 1 gameplay… but then the Vanilla fans would be complianins.

The community is already split as it is. You got the Living Dead people and the hardcore players.

> > It really should be called “The Halo: Reach Classic Playlist Title Update”
> >
> > These new changes in the Title Update will only affect the Anniversary Playlist Gametypes. Vanilla Reach will still be there waiting for you. The beautiful thing is now you can swap between the two.
> >
> > If you don’t like Vanilla Reach, go to Anniversary Reach.
> >
> > If you don’t like Anniversary Reach, go to Vanilla Reach
> >
> > Its this kind of thinking that has given me high hopes for the Inheritors of the Franchise, 343 Industries.
>
> Well even so, it is going to split the community between playlists. The thing is there is always going to be squabble between the competitive community and casuals. Even though the separation of playlists in-game isn’t that huge, on the forums there will always be people suggesting things for competitive game-play and casual game-play. And these group will always oppose the others ideals and opinions.

But this sort of result is always to be expected since the amount of Halo Fans is so diverse and unique that two different fans can’t always be the same in interest.

The Anniversary Playlist is at the moment promising a chance to players who are more accustomed to a focused and more intense new playlists in which they can enjoy playing Halo again since Halo 3. I’m a Halo: Reach Fan so I have no problem with Bungie’s Swan Song but it can also be seen as unfair to the players that were seeking a more adrenaline-rushed experience in Reach.

So that’s why I’m A-OK for this. Not for the risk of the “Community being torn apart” but for the idea that these Halo Players get to have a chance to have fun playing Halo: Reach. Its been at least 11 Months since the game was released. I think they’ve waited long enough for this sort of thing to happen.

There is no “splitting” of the community.

Why does everyone assume there will be no changes to the base Reach? They never said that, all Frankie said was that they won’t be making huge changes. The only TU content we have seen is not the Classic gametype and instead bloom being removed on the DMR. I think it’s safe to say that the Bloom removal will be universal.
All we will have is the normal Reach playlists with the few changes such as Bloom removal on some weapons, and then the Classic playlists. All they need to do to make sure the population isn’t spread oddly is trim down the base Reach playlists, there is a lot of them that they could get rid of.

> Why does everyone assume there will be no changes to the base Reach? They never said that

“If your heart suddenly sped up, fret not, Reach fan. This is something that will not only sit side-by-side with Reach’s existing gameplay and will be accessible by both Reach and Anniversary players, but will allow us to make fairly significant changes to multiplayer gameplay within the confines of Matchmaking.” From the June 28th Halo:Bulletin

> > Why does everyone assume there will be no changes to the base Reach? They never said that
>
> “If your heart suddenly sped up, fret not, Reach fan. This is something that will not only sit side-by-side with Reach’s existing gameplay and will be accessible by both Reach and Anniversary players, but will allow us to make fairly significant changes to multiplayer gameplay within the confines of Matchmaking.” From the June 28th Halo:Bulletin

Yeah, and those significant changes are the classic gametypes. Last time I checked getting rid of Bloom on a few weapons isn’t a significant change. A significant change would be changing weapon damage or the physics of the game.

> The Anniversary Playlist is at the moment promising a chance to players who are more accustomed to a focused and more intense new playlists in which they can enjoy playing Halo again since Halo 3. I’m a Halo: Reach Fan so I have no problem with Bungie’s Swan Song but it can also be seen as unfair to the players that were seeking a more adrenaline-rushed experience in Reach.
>
> So that’s why I’m A-OK for this. Not for the risk of the “Community being torn apart” but for the idea that these Halo Players get to have a chance to have fun playing Halo: Reach. Its been at least 11 Months since the game was released. I think they’ve waited long enough for this sort of thing to happen.

Wow just wow, this guy obviously eats his veggies. Thank you for finally saying it. Yes we have waited far to long for a change like this to happen just for us to ENJOY Reach.

> > > It really should be called “The Halo: Reach Classic Playlist Title Update”
> > >
> > > These new changes in the Title Update will only affect the Anniversary Playlist Gametypes. Vanilla Reach will still be there waiting for you. The beautiful thing is now you can swap between the two.
> > >
> > > If you don’t like Vanilla Reach, go to Anniversary Reach.
> > >
> > > If you don’t like Anniversary Reach, go to Vanilla Reach
> > >
> > > Its this kind of thinking that has given me high hopes for the Inheritors of the Franchise, 343 Industries.
> >
> > Well even so, it is going to split the community between playlists. The thing is there is always going to be squabble between the competitive community and casuals. Even though the separation of playlists in-game isn’t that huge, on the forums there will always be people suggesting things for competitive game-play and casual game-play. And these group will always oppose the others ideals and opinions.
>
> But this sort of result is always to be expected since the amount of Halo Fans is so diverse and unique that two different fans can’t always be the same in interest.
>
> The Anniversary Playlist is at the moment promising a chance to players who are more accustomed to a focused and more intense new playlists in which they can enjoy playing Halo again since Halo 3. I’m a Halo: Reach Fan so I have no problem with Bungie’s Swan Song but it can also be seen as unfair to the players that were seeking a more adrenaline-rushed experience in Reach.
>
> So that’s why I’m A-OK for this. Not for the risk of the “Community being torn apart” but for the idea that these Halo Players get to have a chance to have fun playing Halo: Reach. Its been at least 11 Months since the game was released. I think they’ve waited long enough for this sort of thing to happen.

This.

> > > Why does everyone assume there will be no changes to the base Reach? They never said that
> >
> > “If your heart suddenly sped up, fret not, Reach fan. This is something that will not only sit side-by-side with Reach’s existing gameplay and will be accessible by both Reach and Anniversary players, but will allow us to make fairly significant changes to multiplayer gameplay within the confines of Matchmaking.” From the June 28th Halo:Bulletin
>
> Yeah, and those significant changes are the classic gametypes. Last time I checked getting rid of Bloom on a few weapons isn’t a significant change. A significant change would be changing weapon damage or the physics of the game.

Key words “sit side-by-side with Reach’s existing gameplay” if Bloom isn’t part of Halo:Reach’s existing gameplay I don’t know what is. Getting rid of Bloom was very significant to A LOT people.

> 343 has already stated on numerous occasions that if you like Halo: Reach “as is” you will be able to keep playing it that way. Not sure how this would split the community any more than playing SWAT or Living DEAD as opposed to TS or any other playlist does.

^^This, and the real seperation is classic Halo gameplay vs Reach gameplay.

> > > > Why does everyone assume there will be no changes to the base Reach? They never said that
> > >
> > > “If your heart suddenly sped up, fret not, Reach fan. This is something that will not only sit side-by-side with Reach’s existing gameplay and will be accessible by both Reach and Anniversary players, but will allow us to make fairly significant changes to multiplayer gameplay within the confines of Matchmaking.” From the June 28th Halo:Bulletin
> >
> > Yeah, and those significant changes are the classic gametypes. Last time I checked getting rid of Bloom on a few weapons isn’t a significant change. A significant change would be changing weapon damage or the physics of the game.
>
> Key words “sit side-by-side with Reach’s existing gameplay” if Bloom isn’t part of Halo:Reach’s existing gameplay I don’t know what is. Getting rid of Bloom was very significant to A LOT people.

No bloom and bleed through both are HUGE to me. I can’t wait for the TU to hit.

> > > > Why does everyone assume there will be no changes to the base Reach? They never said that
> > >
> > > “If your heart suddenly sped up, fret not, Reach fan. This is something that will not only sit side-by-side with Reach’s existing gameplay and will be accessible by both Reach and Anniversary players, but will allow us to make fairly significant changes to multiplayer gameplay within the confines of Matchmaking.” From the June 28th Halo:Bulletin
> >
> > Yeah, and those significant changes are the classic gametypes. Last time I checked getting rid of Bloom on a few weapons isn’t a significant change. A significant change would be changing weapon damage or the physics of the game.
>
> Key words “sit side-by-side with Reach’s existing gameplay” if Bloom isn’t part of Halo:Reach’s existing gameplay I don’t know what is. Getting rid of Bloom was very significant to A LOT people.

No, changing them are fundamentally small changes that don’t mess with the core gameplay.