Splitscreen

With such a graphics do you think split-screen will stay, alot of games dont have split-screen because of the graphics, whats your opinion.

343 would be very unwise to remove splitscreen. I highly doubt it won’t be a feature.

Co-op,Guest and Split Screen is something that will ALWAYS stay in Halo.

> 343 would be very unwise to remove splitscreen. I highly doubt it won’t be a feature.

me neither but who know’s?

> > 343 would be very unwise to remove splitscreen. I highly doubt it won’t be a feature.
>
> me neither but who know’s?

I can almost guarantee you that it won’t be removed. They’re smarter than that. Do you realize how angry many people would be? Trust me. They wouldn’t remove that. It’s possible, but REALLY unlikely.

As long as it is not as gimped as Reach’s.
Hell, optimize the entire game better than Reach. It is embarrassing how many performance issues that game has.

> As long as it is not as gimped as Reach’s.
> Hell, optimize the entire game better than Reach. It is embarrassing how many performance issues that game has.

343 will earn my love and respect if they make Firefight perform as it should. Firefight has ALWAYS had terrible lag issues. It’s not even worth the trouble in Reach. I always do Score Attack to avoid it.

Graphics can always be downgraded when multiple controllers are added.

I really hate it when a player and his/her three guests quit all of a sudden. Especially when they are on my team. I suggest one guest maximum for matchmaking.

> Graphics can always be downgraded when multiple controllers are added.

They had to downgrade Reach graphics and remove textures, i can imagin that they have to downgrade and remove even more, or alot of the SS players will have to deal with constant frame drops

I second that!!

I think that splitscreen should just go. For all the effort that it requires to implement, only a minority use it. The trade-off isn’t worth it.

> I think that splitscreen should just go. For all the effort that it requires to implement, only a minority use it. The trade-off isn’t worth it.

I couldn’t disagree more. If I have friends over and can’t play splitscreen with them that’d be completely stupid. I wouldn’t buy Halo 4 if they removed it honestly.

> I think that splitscreen should just go. For all the effort that it requires to implement, only a minority use it. The trade-off isn’t worth it.

alot of people use it, we dont have alot of splitscreen games and if halo ditches that SS would be officialy dead for me and maybe others, besides, whats a party without any Halo?

It’s a pretty large minority. And even amongst people who don’t use it often, it’s a significant enough cornerstone of the series that many people would be quite dissapointed if the capability isn’t there. Some might even opt out of the purchase on principle.

Also, it’s a console game. I’d like to see more AAA console games actually play to their advantages (like being really accessable split-screen platforms), rather than fighting increasingly-powerful PCs in the raw graphical power game.

So you want something that which Halo is known for to be removed? That makes perfect sense.

> Co-op,Guest and Split Screen is something that will ALWAYS stay in Halo.

Or at least it should always stay in Halo. Games such as Battlefield 3 lose so much of their possibilities because I can’t go to splitscreen campaign or multiplayer with my friends.

In fact, instead of degrading the possiblities of splitscreen, I would like them to upgrade these. Many times have I hoped that I could play campaign or Firefight when I have more than one friend playing splitscreen with me. but oftentimes we are just forced to play multiplayer or take turns. But well, at least that’s better than the inability to play anything in splitscreen as seems to be the case in most modern FPS games.

Splitscreen is an important part of Halo. Other big shooters don’t have it. If 343 didn’t apply it they would be spammed with angry e-mails from users.

> So you want something that which Halo is known for to be removed? That makes perfect sense.

I think that the days of sitting with your friends playing on the same TV are almost over. I’d prefer they invested time into developing an engine that can maintain a decent frame rate than to waste time trying to get split screen available.

It makes perfect sense. Don’t be ignorant to others’ views.

Splitscreen is confirmed.

Look, there is some information on max. players, splitscreen and all that. Just visit the Halo 4 page here on Waypoint. It clearly states it can be played by 1-4 people.