splitscreen sucks?

earlier I was playing split screen with a guest account - jdc2002(1) - and basically it sucked. The audio I can understand, that has been a problem in every game, when you hear a grenade rolling and both guys duck to cover… On seperate ends of map, its funny. But the graphics seem downgraded a bit and there are black borders on the side. Not just that but it was also laggy. There are also next to no unranked playlists so all we played was h4 btb (don’t know why he likes that over h2a but oh well). So yeah, anyone else experience these problems?

Split screen has always been an issue in all the games, i think people tend to have “nostalgia glasses” about it. Granted, 2 player was fine on H1 and 2, but 4 player would still lag. Halo 4 is notoriously bad with split screen, even on the 360 version. Since you have been playing mostly Halo 4, that would explain why it seems extra bad to you.

This is one of the reasons why MP split screen is limited to 2 player for Halo 5. Unfortunately i think that this just “is what it is” as its always been that way, especially for halo 4.

Try to play halo 1 or halo 2 classic?

> 2533274798578400;2:
> Split screen has always been an issue in all the games, i think people tend to have “nostalgia glasses” about it. Granted, 2 player was fine on H1 and 2, but 4 player would still lag. Halo 4 is notoriously bad with split screen, even on the 360 version. Since you have been playing mostly Halo 4, that would explain why it seems extra bad to you.
>
> This is one of the reasons why MP split screen is limited to 2 player for Halo 5. Unfortunately i think that this just “is what it is” as its always been that way, especially for halo 4.
>
> Try to play halo 1 or halo 2 classic?

it was just me and another friend, we played h4 as he doesnt like old halos, hes a cod/bf fan. we also played H2a on forge and it lagged so much there was a performance bar… whatever that means.

yeah, i think you might just be -Yoink- outta luck there. Both of those are not very good in splitscreen. I’m sure that “General performance improvements to all titles” will be a continuing part of upcoming CU’s but you probably aren’t experiencing a singular “Bug”.

You can try hard-resetting then running only Halo and nothing else. Technically that shouldn’t make a difference as the Xbox is supposed to have resources reserved for its various functions, but its worth a shot.

> 2533274798578400;4:
> yeah, i think you might just be -Yoink- outta luck there. Both of those are not very good in splitscreen. I’m sure that “General performance improvements to all titles” will be a continuing part of upcoming CU’s but you probably aren’t experiencing a singular “Bug”.
>
> You can try hard-resetting then running only Halo and nothing else. Technically that shouldn’t make a difference as the Xbox is supposed to have resources reserved for its various functions, but its worth a shot.

I (and I mean I) only have 1 app open at a time, unless I’m snapping… But a share with a roommate and he will be opening an app every few minutes… Anyway.