Splitscreen solution?

Hello and Happy holidays to those who celebrate the season.

As you may know, many were disappointed with 343 excluding splitscreen from Halo 5. I’ve noticed that some people have been able to split the screen for other purposes using A HDMI device such as this one. However, I have been looking online for people who have brought product similar to this and used it to connect (in this case) two Xbox ones to one TV. Essentially a way to do splitscreeen with someone in the same room on the same TV. I want to verify with others here on waypoint if I am understanding this correctly before I purchase this as a solution to splitscreen.

In the event that the link does not work, similar devices that I am referring to are called HDMI multi viewers, some times referred to as PIPs (picture in picture).

So I ask what do you think of this? Do you think this could in effect recreate splitscreen or if this would even work? (of course needing two Xboxes) If not does anyone know of another way to do recreate splitscreen?

To ADMINS I ask that you please don’t close this as this is not another one of those whining threads about splitscreen not being included in Halo 5 but a possible solution to the issue.

[deleted]

[deleted]

The easiest and best way to have “spilt screen” for H5 is to buy another tv, Xbox one and Halo 5. Sorry but that is it.

> 2535471565259874;2:
> Call me crazy here, but… If you’re going to such great lengths and costs to achieve this - why not just purchase another television, perhaps a 28/32 inch, something small that you could bring out for when you want some couch halo with a friend? Seeing as these size TVs can be had for hardly anything these days I imagine this would not only give you what you’re after but a much better experience each having a full screen.

The only reason I am looking for this is not only for me and my wife to play together. for others this may be way to play with friends or family members. Getting another TV is something I have considered but I would prefer to split the screen so my buddies and I can have Halo nights like we used to do. Also, with the custom games browser just coming out Halo nights could be even better then I could have ever imagined. Not to sound cocky but the costs is not a concern for me. Merry Christmas to you my friend.

[deleted]

> 2535471565259874;6:
> > 2533274894985914;5:
> > > 2535471565259874;2:
> > > Call me crazy here, but… If you’re going to such great lengths and costs to achieve this - why not just purchase another television, perhaps a 28/32 inch, something small that you could bring out for when you want some couch halo with a friend? Seeing as these size TVs can be had for hardly anything these days I imagine this would not only give you what you’re after but a much better experience each having a full screen.
> >
> > The only reason I am looking for this is not only for me and my wife to play together. for others this may be way to play with friends or family members. Getting another TV is something I have considered but I would prefer to split the screen so my buddies and I can have Halo nights like we used to do. Also, with the custom games browser just coming out Halo nights could be even better then I could have ever imagined. Not to sound cocky but the costs is not a concern for me. Merry Christmas to you my friend.
>
> Not at all - I imagined cost wouldn’t be an issue given the solution you were proposing. (Two Xbox ones).
>
> What you’ve suggested should work in theory, however I’ve never looked into it myself. Perhaps purchase the device and give it a try? Amazon are usually pretty good with refunds and returns so I suppose there’s always that option if it doesn’t work.
>
> Hopefully someone here has experienced/tried this and can confirm :slight_smile:

Your final sentence is exactly why I posted this. or someone who has used something similar for another purpose.

> 2533274894985914;1:
> Hello and Happy holidays to those who celebrate the season.
>
> As you may know, many were disappointed with 343 excluding splitscreen from Halo 5. I’ve noticed that some people have been able to split the screen for other purposes using A HDMI device such as this one. However, I have been looking online for people who have brought product similar to this and used it to connect (in this case) two Xbox ones to one TV. Essentially a way to do splitscreeen with someone in the same room on the same TV. I want to verify with others here on waypoint if I am understanding this correctly before I purchase this as a solution to splitscreen.
>
> In the event that the link does not work, similar devices that I am referring to are called HDMI multi viewers, some times referred to as PIPs (picture in picture).
>
> So I ask what do you think of this? Do you think this could in effect recreate splitscreen or if this would even work? (of course needing two Xboxes) If not does anyone know of another way to do recreate splitscreen?
>
> To ADMINS I ask that you please don’t close this as this is not another one of those whining threads about splitscreen not being included in Halo 5 but a possible solution to the issue.

This may work but if you have two Xboxes is having a split screen still that important… I would want my own screen seeing how you have two Xboxes any ways. I am all about nostalgia, I still have my original game systems(Atari, NES, N64, etc) and will only play them on a tube tv for the better picture… but in this case I wouldn’t want spilt screen. But I guess that is because I have never really liked split screen for any game.

What’s the point of split screening if you have the two consoles and two games?