Splitscreen on PC

I hope the game doesn’t use xbox live for splitscreen it’s a possibility

Are you referring to the need to be on XBOX Live while running local split-screen? I doubt it, to be honest. Microsoft has changed a lot in 5 years, and they do realise that limiting that kind of option to always on would be a nightmare for them and the players.

there is minecraft dungeons, a very recent game that has xbox live coop. you cant use it on pc because you can only sign into 1 account at a time. I hope they don’t implement that “feature” to halo infinite. I just want to plug in 2 controllers and play with someone else.

> 2533274797661806;2:
> Are you referring to the need to be on XBOX Live while running local split-screen? I doubt it, to be honest. Microsoft has changed a lot in 5 years, and they do realise that limiting that kind of option to always on would be a nightmare for them and the players.

and yes, i was referring to that

> 2535461615696415;3:
> there is minecraft dungeons, a very recent game that has xbox live coop. you cant use it on pc because you can only sign into 1 account at a time. I hope they don’t implement that “feature” to halo infinite. I just want to plug in 2 controllers and play with someone else.

Ah but you see, that’s Co-Op, not Split-Screen. And even then, Minecraft Dungeons does in fact allow local co-op if you use two controllers (you can’t use 1 controller and one KBM, for example). Anyway, that’s by the by.

Split-screen, if and when it arrives, won’t require you to be online. :slight_smile:

Yea like splitscreen on PC? Just no lol.

> 2535425010781404;6:
> Yea like splitscreen on PC? Just no lol.

It’s more practical than you might think. Imagine not owning an Xbox but wanting to play a game with friends offline. If a small screen is the issue, then a simple fix would be to plug it into a bigger T.V.

> 2533274847563380;7:
> > 2535425010781404;6:
> > Yea like splitscreen on PC? Just no lol.
>
> It’s more practical than you might think. Imagine not owning an Xbox but wanting to play a game with friends offline. If a small screen is the issue, then a simple fix would be to plug it into a bigger T.V.

wait you can do that with a pc

> 2533274847563380;7:
> > 2535425010781404;6:
>
> It’s more practical than you might think. Imagine not owning an Xbox but wanting to play a game with friends offline. If a small screen is the issue, then a simple fix would be to plug it into a bigger T.V.

Even better, because Microsoft release their games on Steam, just run the Steam Link app (or hardware on non-smart TVs) and stream to your TV with zero cables trailing across a room. :wink: It’s what I do!

> 2533274847563380;7:
> > 2535425010781404;6:
>

Yes ik that. But they would also have to support it on a normal pc.

> 2535463903139090;8:
> > 2533274847563380;7:
> > > 2535425010781404;6:
> > > Yea like splitscreen on PC? Just no lol.
> >
> > It’s more practical than you might think. Imagine not owning an Xbox but wanting to play a game with friends offline. If a small screen is the issue, then a simple fix would be to plug it into a bigger T.V.
>
> wait you can do that with a pc

In Halo mcc and Infinite I’m not sure. I’m just saying the idea to include split-screen would be practical to say the least.

And if you mean the pc to a different screen, just use an HDMI cord.

> 2533274847563380;11:
> > 2535463903139090;8:
> > > 2533274847563380;7:
> > > > 2535425010781404;6:
> > > > Yea like splitscreen on PC? Just no lol.
> > >
> > > It’s more practical than you might think. Imagine not owning an Xbox but wanting to play a game with friends offline. If a small screen is the issue, then a simple fix would be to plug it into a bigger T.V.
> >
> > wait you can do that with a pc
>
> In Halo mcc and Infinite I’m not sure. I’m just saying the idea to include split-screen would be practical to say the least.
>
> And if you mean the pc to a different screen, just use an HDMI cord.

I may go get myself a pc then because i prefer playing on a tv than a computer

> 2535425010781404;6:
> Yea like splitscreen on PC? Just no lol.

I would be depressed if don’t have this option on PC.

My friends and I are still used to getting together to be able to play different games, including Halo MCC. I will be changing from the console to the PC this year, so I minimun expect the 4 splitscreen on Halo Infinite. It doesn’t need to be graphicaly good, but good enought to keep with good framerate.
It would be a shot in the foot if you remove that mode.

343 splitscreen is important to pc too

> 2535463903139090;12:
> > 2533274847563380;11:
> > > 2535463903139090;8:
> > > > 2533274847563380;7:
> > > > > 2535425010781404;6:
> > > > > Yea like splitscreen on PC? Just no lol.
> > > >
> > > > It’s more practical than you might think. Imagine not owning an Xbox but wanting to play a game with friends offline. If a small screen is the issue, then a simple fix would be to plug it into a bigger T.V.
> > >
> > > wait you can do that with a pc
> >
> > In Halo mcc and Infinite I’m not sure. I’m just saying the idea to include split-screen would be practical to say the least.
> >
> > And if you mean the pc to a different screen, just use an HDMI cord.
>
> I may go get myself a pc then because i prefer playing on a tv than a computer

Make sure to get a micro USB cord for a controller, if you plan to use a controller that is.

> 2533274847563380;15:
> > 2535463903139090;12:
> > > 2533274847563380;11:
> > > > 2535463903139090;8:
> > > > > 2533274847563380;7:
> > > > > > 2535425010781404;6:
> > > > > > Yea like splitscreen on PC? Just no lol.
> > > > >
> > > > > It’s more practical than you might think. Imagine not owning an Xbox but wanting to play a game with friends offline. If a small screen is the issue, then a simple fix would be to plug it into a bigger T.V.
> > > >
> > > > wait you can do that with a pc
> > >
> > > In Halo mcc and Infinite I’m not sure. I’m just saying the idea to include split-screen would be practical to say the least.
> > >
> > > And if you mean the pc to a different screen, just use an HDMI cord.
> >
> > I may go get myself a pc then because i prefer playing on a tv than a computer
>
> Make sure to get a micro USB cord for a controller, if you plan to use a controller that is.

have you heard of bluetooth

Split screen is a wonderful feature. If I couldn’t have played Halo CE with my friend on his Xbox back in the day, I don’t know if I’d be playing video games today, nevermind Halo. I hope all platforms include it going forward.

I don’t know where people get the idea that PC is the more restrictive platform. PC is the platform that lets you customise your setup and hardware as you see fit.

> 2533274847563380;15:
> > 2535463903139090;12:
> > > 2533274847563380;11:
> > > > 2535463903139090;8:
> > > > > 2533274847563380;7:
> > > > > > 2535425010781404;6:
> > > > > > Yea like splitscreen on PC? Just no lol.
> > > > >
> > > > > It’s more practical than you might think. Imagine not owning an Xbox but wanting to play a game with friends offline. If a small screen is the issue, then a simple fix would be to plug it into a bigger T.V.
> > > >
> > > > wait you can do that with a pc
> > >
> > > In Halo mcc and Infinite I’m not sure. I’m just saying the idea to include split-screen would be practical to say the least.
> > >
> > > And if you mean the pc to a different screen, just use an HDMI cord.
> >
> > I may go get myself a pc then because i prefer playing on a tv than a computer
>
> Make sure to get a micro USB cord for a controller, if you plan to use a controller that is.

Will do thanks I have only ever played on controller I want to try to switch to KBM.

> 2533274798142730;17:
> Split screen is a wonderful feature. If I couldn’t have played Halo CE with my friend on his Xbox back in the day, I don’t know if I’d be playing video games today, nevermind Halo. I hope all platforms include it going forward.
>
> I don’t know where people get the idea that PC is the more restrictive platform. PC is the platform that lets you customise your setup and hardware as you see fit.

It’s the greedy / mean / dumb people at the top that think if pc games start getting things like split screen, lan, bots, server tools etc, then that’s one or more people not buying the game as they can just play it round a friends or relatives, the kind of suits that think piracy prevention takes priority over releasing a feature complete product and thus why we only have crappy online only co-op which players are still complaining about to this very day, mostly about it being buggy and getting booted from games. As every player has to have their own copy to play co-op which is dumb as co-op has always been about two or more players on the same system, not over the internet. That’s not social, that’s just multiplayer pretending to be co-op. I know we had system link back in the old days but that was just a fancy name for LAN gaming and that was still social as you were in the same room. online co-op is lame.

Just look at both new battlefront games on pc, both console and pc versions had split screen, only it was disabled on the pc version(s), not removed or left out, just disabled / hidden. Took modders a while to re-enable the native split screen but it was done and it worked great on pc.

The devs never once answered why it was disabled on the pc games and neither did EA.

Sadly for the mcc the feature is simply not available, not disabled, just not in the pc port. It just sucks when devs leave out features that an identical release on another platform has, and it’s not like we are on an inferior platform that can’t handle it, so there’s no exuse for not porting 100% of the game.

Everyone who wants split screen on pc should keep asking, it’s the only way we stand a chance of seeing it on pc halo.

I’d be surprised if Infinite didn’t get split screen on PC. They’re looking into bringing it to MCC on PC, so it’s definitely on their radar as something that’s important to PC players.