Splitscreen Co-op Campaign Progress Bug?

So my brother and I started playing the Halo CE coop campaign splitscreen on legendary. Both of use are using our own unique gamertag, hes player 1, I’m player 2. So we complete the first mission only to realize his account is the only one to unlock the completion of the level achievement. We then quit out, I sign into my account alone, and it shows I have completed no missions, like its not registering that I just completed the first mission on coop. On my brothers account it shows he completed it. My account still unlocks progress achievements like killing # of enemies, etc, its just the game not registering my mission progress when I complete a campaign mission in coop splitscreen. Is there any fix for this?
Note: I played ONLINE coop with a friend and we both got the mission completion and achievement, its coop splitscreen giving me the problem.
Thanks.

As someone planning to splitscreen through all the campaigns, I hope they fix this right away.

Have you tried another level to check?

This needs to get 343’s attention.

Oh god, hope that this will be fixed.

Someone else is reporting the same issue in the forum as well. Oh no!

Can you try one of the other campaigns. It might just be Halo 1.

I am having the same issue. Haven’t tried Halo 2 yet as I wanted to play through all the games start to finish in split-screen.

Its a bug, I suggest riding solo or seeing if other campaigns have the same issue. Then again you’re playing the game before release and presumably with a disc that doesn’t have the update, which is specifically for online play.

> 2535449308385966;7:
> Its a bug, I suggest riding solo or seeing if other campaigns have the same issue. Then again you’re playing the game before release and presumably with a disc that doesn’t have the update, which is specifically for online play.

Yeah, hopefully the update will fix this!

I already have the update - it downloads when you pop in the disc. 15GB download. Online play is working fine, the only issue I’ve had is splitscreen progress.

Ye, this is bug is preventing me from playing the campaign. I’ll try a different campaign later on and see if it’s only Halo CE causing the problems.

Other bugs I found while playing:
Joined a MP matchmaking Team Slayer game while in splitscreen, Player 1 and Player 2 ended up on different teams.
Joined a MP matchmaking Team Slayer game with 2 online friends, teams got split into 5v2, with 1 of us on the team of 2. : http://gyazo.com/d7a32afe94c834afec551dbac7342a33

Joined a MP matchmaking Team Slayer game with 2 online friends, teams got split into 5v4, in a 4v4 playlist.

I feel for you guys but thank goodness I’ll never plan on playing split screen so I’m unaffected by this bug.

> 2533274813291311;10:
> Ye, this is bug is preventing me from playing the campaign. I’ll try a different campaign later on and see if it’s only Halo CE causing the problems.
>
> Other bugs I found while playing:
> Joined a MP matchmaking Team Slayer game while in splitscreen, Player 1 and Player 2 ended up on different teams.
> Joined a MP matchmaking Team Slayer game with 2 online friends, teams got split into 5v2, with 1 of us on the team of 2. : http://gyazo.com/d7a32afe94c834afec551dbac7342a33
>
> Joined a MP matchmaking Team Slayer game with 2 online friends, teams got split into 5v4, in a 4v4 playlist.

The splitting up of players might just be because there are so few players on seeing as most of us don’t have the game yet.

> 2625759425619671;11:
> I feel for you guys but thank goodness I’ll never plan on playing split screen so I’m unaffected by this bug.

I always play splitscreen, so this is bad news for me!

Out of interest, does the higher framerate make splitscreen noticeably better?

> 2533274813077769;14:
> Out of interest, does the higher framerate make splitscreen noticeably better?

From what I’ve played, Halo CE Remastered coop splitscreen feels like 30fps while Classic seems to be 60fps or close to it.
Halo 2 Anniv MP splitscreen also seems to run lower then 60fps, maybe 30fps. In addition, 2 Player H2A MP splitscreen on a 1080p monitor, the screen doesn’t extend to the whole monitor, there are black bars on both the left and right side. Halo 2 Classic MP splitscreen extended to the whole monitor with no black bars.

> 2533274813291311;15:
> > 2533274813077769;14:
> > Out of interest, does the higher framerate make splitscreen noticeably better?
>
>
> From what I’ve played, Halo CE Remastered coop splitscreen feels like 30fps while Classic seems to be 60fps or close to it.
> Halo 2 Anniv MP splitscreen also seems to run lower then 60fps, maybe 30fps. In addition, 2 Player H2A MP splitscreen on a 1080p monitor, the screen doesn’t extend to the whole monitor, there are black bars on both the left and right side. Halo 2 Classic MP splitscreen extended to the whole monitor with no black bars.

Thanks, that is very helpful. Good to know the blackbars aren’t always going to be there.

Just tested out playing splitscreen coop Halo 2 campaign, and its the same thing, only Player 1 gets the mission completion achievement and record saying they beat it. The Player 2 account did not receive the mission completion achievement nor did the game track that they completed the level cooperatively.

This is quite shocking. Surely this is the sort of issue which would be found through rather basic testing? Can anyone else confirm this?

If this really is an issue then 343 need to pull their fingers out post haste. Split screen is part of Halo’s roots and a bug like this is simply unacceptable.

Horrible Issue - I’d never have got a Xbox one and TMCC if i’d known about these silly errors which should have gone through basic testing!!!

I really hope this is a fix in the day one patch!