Split the Pistol?

Right, basically yet another little idea from me. Balancing the pistol is difficult. Some want the old CE magnum and others want the various other iterations. Her’s my solution that might appease some.

Spilt it in two.

Auto-Mag: Literally just bring back the ODST pistol. High ROF, very precise and with a fairly large clip. Perfect for that final bullet needed to get the headshot.

Revolver: Basically gives you the raw power of the M6D. Three-shot kill, or thereabouts, but with a slower rate of fire, six or so bullets and slightly less accuracy.

Good idea? Bad idea? Probably unlikely to be implemented but hey, there’s not much else to discuss on the Halo 4 forum.

i like it, btw does the odst pistol still only headshot kill when shields are down? (like when your fighting brutes)

Magnum should be a 5 shot kill, and have a faster ROF than Halo 3, but a slower one than Halo CE. And should NOT have a scope.

I agree about the AutoMag though. Having 2 kinds of pistols be like the Covenant’s Plasma Pistol, and Needler, is a pretty awesome idea. The Pistol would obviously be the opposite of a Plasma Pistol. Can’t drain shields for crap but once it does it’s a one hit kill. Very high RoF, and large clip size. And a scope.

The Magnum’s RoF would make it less than optimal at close range. But VERY effective at Mid. Then it would lose effectiveness at longer ranges due to accuracy restrictions. And would act like the “Mid range only” Needler.

You spelled split wrong.

On topic, I agree with this partly, instead of making new guns they should just use the current ones and re-balance them so they are kind of like this, I would hate to see the Magnum ditched and I would HATE to see a revolver in Halo, just does not seem futuristic at all. 343 will have to balance it out with the enemy weapons though.

The more weapon options the better.

> You spelled split wrong.

<<
>
>

Shhhh!

> i like it, btw does the odst pistol still only headshot kill when shields are down? (like when your fighting brutes)

yeah

Like it. Honestly why not just add more weapons in. Kinda tired of the tiny armament Halo gives you. You could have a retro AR like Reach and a more modern like the trilogy

> Like it. Honestly why not just add more weapons in. Kinda tired of the tiny armament Halo gives you. You could have a retro AR like Reach and a more modern like the trilogy

The issue is that there’s a line between variety and redundancy. What I suggested about the pistols, in my opinion at least, is that you get two pistols that play differently but are still useful and therefore add variety.

I think that there shouldn’t be weapons which act in a similar way. I wouldn’t want like five pistols all doing the same thing because you’ve just got redundant weapons, but if you’re able to give each a role and feel unique to itself, then it adds variety.

Agreed with almost everything said above.