split screen

will there be split screen we need this

That wouldn’t work. This is an RTS, not an FPS.

Hopefully

It’s an rts there is not going to be split-screen, maybe Halo 6.

It can’t [read: Shouldn’t] have splitscreen in an RTS for the same reason that battleships can’t be splitscreen.

You would see everything your opponent is doing and vice versa, in addition to being very taxing on graphics processing. RTS is about scouting, adapting, and countering your opponent. This all goes out the window when you can both see each other’s every action.

The only way this mode could be implemented is if they make a coop feature for the campaign possibly. They had coop for the original game, so it could be a possibility but not for skirmish or versus.

The last one didn’t feature split-screen and this one probably won’t either mate. I can only think of one other RTS that has done split-screen and that was a long time ago. RTS do not need it, I would rather have higher unit caps than sacrifices performance to accommodate split-screen support.

They could add in splitscreen for the campaign but never in skirmish or PVP.

if they do that and actually make it work properly i would give my kidney to charity. and give the guy who made it work perfectly a raise

It will be nice then

Knowing Creative Assembly I doubt the Xbox can handle split-screen and campaign would be the only thing that work for split screen. Split screen does not work for RTS games MP wise not to mention I would rather have bigger armies/more units than split screen.

I doubt it’ll be in, but if it does it would only be for coop campaign.

> 2533274809541057;5:
> It can’t [read: Shouldn’t] have splitscreen in an RTS for the same reason that battleships can’t be splitscreen.
>
> You would see everything your opponent is doing and vice versa, in addition to being very taxing on graphics processing. RTS is about scouting, adapting, and countering your opponent. This all goes out the window when you can both see each other’s every action.

Split screen for RTS will be here soon! it probably won’t be available for Halo 2 but it could work. i agree with The Rudy (above) that a tradition split screen doesnt work for an RTS but if you look at the below link they have a way of making it work for 2 players.

i read an article a few years ago (couldnt find it again) that would make this possible for 4 players!!! the way that it would work is TVs are becoming so powerful they are able to generate 60/120/180 FPS (dont know the actual number) and the way that it would work is with special filtered glasses. the TV would show player 1’s screen every 4th frame (or image) and player 1 would be wearing glasses that would filter out player 2, 3 & 4 screen, therefore he would only see his screen an no one else’s. the same princible would be applied to player 2,3 & 4. of course if your not wearing any glasses it would be a mess and you would see all 4 players at once but this would be amazing so everyone could play on 1 TV. i really hope this technology exsits one day but it just goes to show that split screen is possible for an RTS!!

> 2533274818747103;13:
> > 2533274809541057;5:
> > It can’t [read: Shouldn’t] have splitscreen in an RTS for the same reason that battleships can’t be splitscreen.
> > You would see everything your opponent is doing and vice versa, in addition to being very taxing on graphics processing. RTS is about scouting, adapting, and countering your opponent. This all goes out the window when you can both see each other’s every action.
>
>
> Split screen for RTS will be here soon! it probably won’t be available for Halo 2 but it could work. i agree with The Rudy (above) that a tradition split screen doesnt work for an RTS but if you look at the below link they have a way of making it work for 2 players.
> i read an article a few years ago (couldnt find it again) that would make this possible for 4 players!!! the way that it would work is TVs are becoming so powerful they are able to generate 60/120/180 FPS (dont know the actual number) and the way that it would work is with special filtered glasses. the TV would show player 1’s screen every 4th frame (or image) and player 1 would be wearing glasses that would filter out player 2, 3 & 4 screen, therefore he would only see his screen an no one else’s. the same princible would be applied to player 2,3 & 4. of course if your not wearing any glasses it would be a mess and you would see all 4 players at once but this would be amazing so everyone could play on 1 TV. i really hope this technology exsits one day but it just goes to show that split screen is possible for an RTS!!
> http://www.tweaking4all.com/video/gaming/split-screen-game-full-screen/

Sounds like Dual Play which I have for my TV but it’s only 2 people right now, you should look it up. I still see this not happening however for RTS games since that would require people to buy an new TV with this feature built in. Developers are not going to add a feature when most people can’t use it. Plus splitscreen would reduce army sizes which in my mind would take away from the gameplay, maybe 2 people but 4 will affect the gameplay in a negative way.

> 2535472221140555;3:
> Hopefully

…not

If you’re going to spend so much money and such a high tech, fancy TV, why not just buy two consoles and two TVs? And there’s a reason in-home 3D hasn’t caught on. Nobody wants to wear special glasses. Especially not if you already wear normal glasses.

> 2533274809541057;16:
> If you’re going to spend so much money and such a high tech, fancy TV, why not just buy two consoles and two TVs? And there’s a reason in-home 3D hasn’t caught on. Nobody wants to wear special glasses. Especially not if you already wear normal glasses.

but if it’s only when a friend comes over the double xbox thing (and double TV is a pain) and in my comments above, you could potentially do this with 3 or 4 people all on 1 TV, that spending that extra 500$ on a TV could be worth it (arguably).

> 2533274818747103;17:
> > 2533274809541057;16:
> > If you’re going to spend so much money and such a high tech, fancy TV, why not just buy two consoles and two TVs? And there’s a reason in-home 3D hasn’t caught on. Nobody wants to wear special glasses. Especially not if you already wear normal glasses.
>
>
> but if it’s only when a friend comes over the double xbox thing (and double TV is a pain) and in my comments above, you could potentially do this with 3 or 4 people all on 1 TV, that spending that extra 500$ on a TV could be worth it (arguably).

Just because it is possible doesn’t mean it will happen. Most RTS games are on PC anyways, which is a pretty solitary style of gaming. I don’t think split-screen RTS has a whole lot of support backing, especially since it doesn’t seem like a fun couch game to play.

> 2717573882290912;18:
> > 2533274818747103;17:
> > > 2533274809541057;16:
> > > If you’re going to spend so much money and such a high tech, fancy TV, why not just buy two consoles and two TVs? And there’s a reason in-home 3D hasn’t caught on. Nobody wants to wear special glasses. Especially not if you already wear normal glasses.
> >
> >
> > but if it’s only when a friend comes over the double xbox thing (and double TV is a pain) and in my comments above, you could potentially do this with 3 or 4 people all on 1 TV, that spending that extra 500$ on a TV could be worth it (arguably).
>
>
> Just because it is possible doesn’t mean it will happen. Most RTS games are on PC anyways, which is a pretty solitary style of gaming. I don’t think split-screen RTS has a whole lot of support backing, especially since it doesn’t seem like a fun couch game to play.

doesn’t seem like a fun couch game to play? have you never played halo wars? it’s perhaps the game i have played the most on 360 (close to halo 3) but i played it for the better part of 6 years which is without a doubt the game i played for the longest. however in general i agree you, most are on PC and i’m a solo player. i would have no use for a split screen just because i dont have any friends who would come over to play. anyone i would play with is already online. although i still think it would be really cool if everyone could play against each other on 1 TV.

> 2533274818747103;17:
> > 2533274809541057;16:
> > If you’re going to spend so much money and such a high tech, fancy TV, why not just buy two consoles and two TVs? And there’s a reason in-home 3D hasn’t caught on. Nobody wants to wear special glasses. Especially not if you already wear normal glasses.
>
>
> but if it’s only when a friend comes over the double xbox thing (and double TV is a pain) and in my comments above, you could potentially do this with 3 or 4 people all on 1 TV, that spending that extra 500$ on a TV could be worth it (arguably).

But for 500 dollars you could get another copy of the game, another xbox one, and a 40 inch tv of comparable quality, without the dual play feature no one uses.