Split screen?

Out of all the halo games why did 5 have to go without split screen? This is so annoying for people who like to have good local play and not to mention in my case split screen is the only way I can play with my son. I think that 343 should patch the game and add split screen again, after all it has always had it why change now?

it was removed to keep the 60 frames per second if i remember correctly

There is no need for another one of these threads…

So 343 isn’t planning on adding it at a later date?

Come over here and I’ll split your screen in half.

> 2535427333823153;2:
> it was removed to keep the 60 frames per second if i remember correctly

Which was a poor choice, and totally unnecessary.

While not as easy as flipping a switch, they could have dropped the frame rate to 30 during splitscreen, and also lowered resolution if necessary. Nobody plays splitscreen to admire the graphics. It’s for a fun gaming session with friends or family. You do it right with the guys, you’ll be so hammered that you can’t tell the difference between TV and real life.

It was pulled from the game in favor of pleasing people who want to claim 60fps. It screwed things up for those of us with siblings and friends who actually play together.

> 2533274980933718;5:
> Come over here and I’ll split your screen in half.

:wink:

> 2535405173237380;4:
> So 343 isn’t planning on adding it at a later date?

No. they cant. this has been explained a million times and about 6 months before the game launched.

> 2533274884387290;6:
> > 2535427333823153;2:
> > it was removed to keep the 60 frames per second if i remember correctly
>
>
> Which was a poor choice, and totally unnecessary.
>
> While not as easy as flipping a switch, they could have dropped the frame rate to 30 during splitscreen, and also lowered resolution if necessary. Nobody plays splitscreen to admire the graphics. It’s for a fun gaming session with friends or family. You do it right with the guys, you’ll be so hammered that you can’t tell the difference between TV and real life.

Appearently 343 tied their enginephysics to 60 FPS so lowering the FPS is gonna -Yoink- with the physics. (Their explanation, not mine)

> 2533274870489921;3:
> There is no need for another one of these threads…

I beg to differ. There’s definitely need for Another one of these threads. Since, if it’s not spoken about, 343 won’t acknowledge the problem that is the fact that split screen isn’t in this game.

> 2535440242367710;8:
> > 2533274980933718;5:
> > Come over here and I’ll split your screen in half.
>
>
> :wink:

O.o

> 2533274802574490;7:
> It was pulled from the game in favor of pleasing people who want to claim 60fps. It screwed things up for those of us with siblings and friends who actually play together.

Honestly though playing with my siblings in multiplayer gets boring and it blocks up half my screen and co-op is annoying because they just blame things on you and start shooting you randomly its annoying af

> 2535422632549060;13:
> > 2533274802574490;7:
> > It was pulled from the game in favor of pleasing people who want to claim 60fps. It screwed things up for those of us with siblings and friends who actually play together.
>
>
> Honestly though playing with my siblings in multiplayer gets boring and it blocks up half my screen and co-op is annoying because they just blame things on you and start shooting you randomly its annoying af

You might find it annoying or boring, but many of us enjoy playing with a friend or family, and it sure as hell beats buying an second Xbone and Gold just to play with a said family member or friend.

i do agree that it should have split screen theres no longer anytime that me and my brother can go and beat the living daylights out of each other on custom game.

> 2533274884387290;6:
> > 2535427333823153;2:
> > it was removed to keep the 60 frames per second if i remember correctly
>
>
> Which was a poor choice, and totally unnecessary.
>
> While not as easy as flipping a switch, they could have dropped the frame rate to 30 during splitscreen, and also lowered resolution if necessary. Nobody plays splitscreen to admire the graphics. It’s for a fun gaming session with friends or family. You do it right with the guys, you’ll be so hammered that you can’t tell the difference between TV and real life.

I agree, but from what I know, the game is built to run at 60 fps. Apparently it cannot run well at 30. If that’s true, then it’s fine, however even battlefront has split screen.

Please use this thread to discuss this topic, thanks.