Split Screen

Can anyone explain to me why no body seems to make a big deal that they removed COOP on a single console? How does this makes any sense? SPLIT SCREEN was one of the main attribute when bragging on how Halo was the best game ever. How can’t I play with friends at my house anymore? I am very disappointed and I do not understand this draw back. Can someone give me a good explanation please?

People are making a big fuss over it, and with good reason. 343 decided early in production to scrap split screen in favor of pushing for higher frames per second. Because of the way they built this game engine around FPS, split screen is not something they’ll be able to patch in.

> 2533274792947109;1:
> Can anyone explain to me why no body seems to make a big deal that they removed COOP on a single console? How does this makes any sense? SPLIT SCREEN was one of the main attribute when bragging on how Halo was the best game ever. How can’t I play with friends at my house anymore? I am very disappointed and I do not understand this draw back. Can someone give me a good explanation please?

Did you even bother to search the topics before posting?

> 2533274825101441;3:
> > 2533274792947109;1:
> > Can anyone explain to me why no body seems to make a big deal that they removed COOP on a single console? How does this makes any sense? SPLIT SCREEN was one of the main attribute when bragging on how Halo was the best game ever. How can’t I play with friends at my house anymore? I am very disappointed and I do not understand this draw back. Can someone give me a good explanation please?
>
>
> Did you even bother to search the topics before posting?

This.

The whole split-screen co-op argument is personal opinion. In my opinion, I’d rather have 60fps than split-screen co-op that I would literally never use. I’m a married guy in my 20s and when I actually have the time to play xbox, it’s maybe a few games once or twice a week. I’d rather have buttery smooth gameplay than the ability to play split-screen with no one.

> 2811398874529013;2:
> People are making a big fuss over it, and with good reason. 343 decided early in production to scrap split screen in favor of pushing for higher frames per second. Because of the way they built this game engine around FPS, split screen is not something they’ll be able to patch in.

oh so the frames per seconds is the official reason why they removed split screen… I will agree I like the visual effects and fluidity of Halo 5, but I am surprised they could not lower the FPS when in split screen!

Believe me. Everyone is making a big deal. Apparently it’s impossible to bring splitscreen into the game without sacrificing it’s frame rate. But look at blops 3. They did it. Granted the maps aren’t as big, but the game looks amazing, and they didn’t have to compromise frame rate. Rendering does suck when you’re running from room to room, but it’s still a high frame rate. It’s disheartening, but nothing we can do except scream into our pillows.

there are several threads with more than 1000 Posts each about it, just Sayin

343 will figure something out if enough people -Yoink- about it.

> 2533274792947109;5:
> > 2811398874529013;2:
> > People are making a big fuss over it, and with good reason. 343 decided early in production to scrap split screen in favor of pushing for higher frames per second. Because of the way they built this game engine around FPS, split screen is not something they’ll be able to patch in.
>
>
> oh so the frames per seconds is the official reason why they removed split screen… I will agree I like the visual effects and fluidity of Halo 5, but I am surprised they could not lower the FPS when in split screen!

They can’t lower the FPS because the physics simulations in game are also running at 60FPS. If you try to cram something like that into a 30FPS framerate, then really weird (potentially game-breaking) stuff starts happening.

It is possible down the line that they might figure out a way to include split screen, like how graphics on the 360 got better over time due to better optimization, but that won’t happen for Halo 5.

I was missing split-screen but then I remembered it wasn’t 10 years ago.

People now days seem more than happy to pay 65 bucks and get half the content of Halo -Yoinking!- 3 ?. Seriously who thought it was a good idea to release a flagship game with potential to be great with no -Yoinking!- content.

> 2533274792947109;1:
> Can anyone explain to me why no body seems to make a big deal that they removed COOP on a single console? How does this makes any sense? SPLIT SCREEN was one of the main attribute when bragging on how Halo was the best game ever. How can’t I play with friends at my house anymore? I am very disappointed and I do not understand this draw back. Can someone give me a good explanation please?

Split screen is old and outdated. There’s approximately 6 people who still use it and they’re making quite a ruckus about it. Hopefully by the time 6 comes out their little brother/sister/mates/or whatever will have ponied up for an Xbox 1.

> 2556731038472681;12:
> > 2533274792947109;1:
> > Can anyone explain to me why no body seems to make a big deal that they removed COOP on a single console? How does this makes any sense? SPLIT SCREEN was one of the main attribute when bragging on how Halo was the best game ever. How can’t I play with friends at my house anymore? I am very disappointed and I do not understand this draw back. Can someone give me a good explanation please?
>
>
> Split screen is old and outdated. There’s approximately 6 people who still use it and they’re making quite a ruckus about it. Hopefully by the time 6 comes out their little brother/sister/mates/or whatever will have ponied up for an Xbox 1.

Old and outdated? We use split screen at every one of our Halo LAN parties, the most recent of which being the beginning of October. Since we have more than 6 players using split screen, I can say with 100% certainty that your claims are wrong.

<mark>Do not make nonconstructive posts.</mark>

> 2556731038472681;12:
> > 2533274792947109;1:
>
>
> Split screen is old and outdated. There’s approximately 6 people who still use it and they’re making quite a ruckus about it. Hopefully by the time 6 comes out their little brother/sister/mates/or whatever will have ponied up for an Xbox 1.

Yes because families should pony up for extra systems and sit in different rooms to play a game. People like you are sad get a life.

> 2811398874529013;13:
> > 2556731038472681;12:
> > > 2533274792947109;1:
> > > Can anyone explain to me why no body seems to make a big deal that they removed COOP on a single console? How does this makes any sense? SPLIT SCREEN was one of the main attribute when bragging on how Halo was the best game ever. How can’t I play with friends at my house anymore? I am very disappointed and I do not understand this draw back. Can someone give me a good explanation please?
> >
> >
> > Split screen is old and outdated. There’s approximately 6 people who still use it and they’re making quite a ruckus about it. Hopefully by the time 6 comes out their little brother/sister/mates/or whatever will have ponied up for an Xbox 1.
>
>
> Old and outdated? We use split screen at every one of our Halo LAN parties, the most recent of which being the beginning of October. Since we have more than 6 players using split screen, I can say with 100% certainty that your claims are wrong.

Yes. Old and outdated, just like LAN parties. I thought Xbox 1’s didn’t do LAN anyway?

> 2556731038472681;15:
> > 2811398874529013;13:
> > > 2556731038472681;12:
> > > > 2533274792947109;1:
> > > > Can anyone explain to me why no body seems to make a big deal that they removed COOP on a single console? How does this makes any sense? SPLIT SCREEN was one of the main attribute when bragging on how Halo was the best game ever. How can’t I play with friends at my house anymore? I am very disappointed and I do not understand this draw back. Can someone give me a good explanation please?
> > >
> > >
> > > Split screen is old and outdated. There’s approximately 6 people who still use it and they’re making quite a ruckus about it. Hopefully by the time 6 comes out their little brother/sister/mates/or whatever will have ponied up for an Xbox 1.
> >
> >
> > Old and outdated? We use split screen at every one of our Halo LAN parties, the most recent of which being the beginning of October. Since we have more than 6 players using split screen, I can say with 100% certainty that your claims are wrong.
>
>
> Yes. Old and outdated, just like LAN parties. I thought Xbox 1’s didn’t do LAN anyway?

Depends on the game. Gears of War Ultimate Edition does offline LAN on the Xbox One. For MCC, you’re right though, it’s not truly LAN since everyone needs to connect to Live. If you think LAN parties are outdated though, then you are missing out on some tremendous fun.

> 2811398874529013;16:
> > 2556731038472681;15:
> > > 2811398874529013;13:
> > > > 2556731038472681;12:
> > > > > 2533274792947109;1:
> > > > > Can anyone explain to me why no body seems to make a big deal that they removed COOP on a single console? How does this makes any sense? SPLIT SCREEN was one of the main attribute when bragging on how Halo was the best game ever. How can’t I play with friends at my house anymore? I am very disappointed and I do not understand this draw back. Can someone give me a good explanation please?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Split screen is old and outdated. There’s approximately 6 people who still use it and they’re making quite a ruckus about it. Hopefully by the time 6 comes out their little brother/sister/mates/or whatever will have ponied up for an Xbox 1.
> > >
> > >
> > > Old and outdated? We use split screen at every one of our Halo LAN parties, the most recent of which being the beginning of October. Since we have more than 6 players using split screen, I can say with 100% certainty that your claims are wrong.
> >
> >
> > Yes. Old and outdated, just like LAN parties. I thought Xbox 1’s didn’t do LAN anyway?
>
>
> Depends on the game. Gears of War Ultimate Edition does offline LAN on the Xbox One. For MCC, you’re right though, it’s not truly LAN since everyone needs to connect to Live. If you think LAN parties are outdated though, then you are missing out on some tremendous fun.

Never did a LAN party at all. With any Xbox.

> 2556731038472681;17:
> > 2811398874529013;16:
> > > 2556731038472681;15:
> > > > 2811398874529013;13:
> > > > > 2556731038472681;12:
> > > > > > 2533274792947109;1:
> > > > > > Can anyone explain to me why no body seems to make a big deal that they removed COOP on a single console? How does this makes any sense? SPLIT SCREEN was one of the main attribute when bragging on how Halo was the best game ever. How can’t I play with friends at my house anymore? I am very disappointed and I do not understand this draw back. Can someone give me a good explanation please?
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Split screen is old and outdated. There’s approximately 6 people who still use it and they’re making quite a ruckus about it. Hopefully by the time 6 comes out their little brother/sister/mates/or whatever will have ponied up for an Xbox 1.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Old and outdated? We use split screen at every one of our Halo LAN parties, the most recent of which being the beginning of October. Since we have more than 6 players using split screen, I can say with 100% certainty that your claims are wrong.
> > >
> > >
> > > Yes. Old and outdated, just like LAN parties. I thought Xbox 1’s didn’t do LAN anyway?
> >
> >
> > Depends on the game. Gears of War Ultimate Edition does offline LAN on the Xbox One. For MCC, you’re right though, it’s not truly LAN since everyone needs to connect to Live. If you think LAN parties are outdated though, then you are missing out on some tremendous fun.
>
>
> Never did a LAN party at all. With any Xbox.

I’d recommend it. It’s easier to communicate with your team, and it’s much more satisfying to go in the other room and gloat face to face with the guys you just beat.

Please use this thread to discuss this topic, thanks.