Split Screen in Matchmaking

So a huge problem that I had with Reach was that nearly all of the playlists were capped at 2 people to a tv. My friends and I are the types that pack into a room and all play on the same screen. The exception being objective, multi team, and the now gone btb anniversary. Did we get any information on if that’s changed in Halo 4. I’m really hoping it has.

(I’ll still get it regardless, it looks like it’s going to be good, I just think that would make it better. )

It was confirmed a while back that it would be globally be two per console for Multiplayer and four for Spartan Ops & Campaign.

The exact reason for it, frame drops on Forge maps, or even default maps when playing with guests were extremely common, because it has to render everything for each player on your console, straining the Xbox.

> It was confirmed a while back that it would be globally be two per console for Multiplayer and four for Spartan Ops & Campaign.
>
> The exact reason for it, frame drops on Forge maps, or even default maps when playing with guests were extremely common, because it has to render everything for each player on your console, straining the Xbox.

Wait, four people on a console for Halo 4 Campaign?
O.o

> > It was confirmed a while back that it would be globally be two per console for Multiplayer and four for Spartan Ops & Campaign.
> >
> > The exact reason for it, frame drops on Forge maps, or even default maps when playing with guests were extremely common, because it has to render everything for each player on your console, straining the Xbox.
>
> Wait, four people on a console for Halo 4 Campaign?
> O.o

Yup, hasn’t that always been possible since Halo 3 or am I missing something?

> It was confirmed a while back that it would be globally be two per console for Multiplayer and four for Spartan Ops & Campaign.
>
> The exact reason for it, frame drops on Forge maps, or even default maps when playing with guests were extremely common, because it has to render everything for each player on your console, straining the Xbox.

Interesting considering back in the Halo CE/2/3 days, it was 2 per console for Campaign, 4 for multiplayer for the exact (but apparently reversed gamemode) reasons.

Also in response to direct above post: In Halo 3 you had to glitch the game to get Splitscreen Campaign past 2 players. And it only worked on one mission, and the Xbox struggled to handle it.

ODST and Reach don’t have the Glitch anymore. And only support 2 player Splitscreen in both Campaign and Firefight.

> > It was confirmed a while back that it would be globally be two per console for Multiplayer and four for Spartan Ops & Campaign.
> >
> > The exact reason for it, frame drops on Forge maps, or even default maps when playing with guests were extremely common, because it has to render everything for each player on your console, straining the Xbox.
>
> Interesting considering back in the Halo CE/2/3 days, it was 2 per console for Campaign, 4 for multiplayer for the exact (but apparently reversed gamemode) reasons.
>
> Also in response to direct above post: In Halo 3 you had to glitch the game to get Splitscreen Campaign past 2 players. And it only worked on one mission, and the Xbox struggled to handle it.

Just had a quick google, looks like you had to do a glitch for it back in Halo 3 & Reach

Regardless, I remember reading four players for Campaign split-screen.