Split-screen. Halo 5, No. Halo 6, yes?

Split-screen is unfortunately impossible for halo 5* - as described here -* but 343i have said it’s a goal for Halo 6 - as said here.

So what are your thoughts on this*, and we we all know Halo 5 having no split-screen sucks.*

Then it means the excuse of “The Xbox is not able to handle it” invalid and they SHOULD have included it with Halo 5.

> 2533274796869056;2:
> Then it means the excuse of “The Xbox is not able to handle it” invalid and they SHOULD have included it with Halo 5.

I have to agree with this, unless there’s an x factor here that we’re not aware of.

I hope they do. I enjoy having a couch buddy to play with sometimes more than a over xbox live buddy.

Actually, have you heard of DX12? I’m pretty sure that’s how they’d do it. The new dashboard (November 2015 dash) is DX12 compatible and changes the way XBOX processes graphics (the change is more noticeable on PC). For a game to have DX12, it’s engine has to be rebuilt, so they can’t really rebuild H5 after launch, so they’ll do it for H6.

I’m not the best at explaining things, if you want to look into it more, google it.

DX12 is just how I think 343i will make it work. They have 3 years to figure out a solution nonetheless.

> 2533274796869056;2:
> Then it means the excuse of “The Xbox is not able to handle it” invalid and they SHOULD have included it with Halo 5.

They said the Xbox can’t handle it “IF” a game is 60 fps 1080p. I don’t know if they said XB1 flatout can’t do it, I remember them saying it can’t do it if certain games block out the feature to allow split screen. I still think they could’ve done split-screen but I’m not a technology guy so I can’t fully understand it all. At the same time I don’t care if theres a split screen or not as I haven’t done that stuff since halo 1 launched in 2001.

> 2533274908167886;5:
> Actually, have you heard of DX12? I’m pretty sure that’s how they’d do it. The new dashboard (November 2015 dash) is DX12 compatible and changes the way XBOX processes graphics (the change is more noticeable on PC). For a game to have DX12, it’s engine has to be rebuilt, so they can’t really rebuild H5 after launch, so they’ll do it for H6.

They knew DX12 was coming they could have developed (from the beginning) and just activate the option when DX12 was available.

> 2533274796869056;7:
> > 2533274908167886;5:
> > Actually, have you heard of DX12? I’m pretty sure that’s how they’d do it. The new dashboard (November 2015 dash) is DX12 compatible and changes the way XBOX processes graphics (the change is more noticeable on PC). For a game to have DX12, it’s engine has to be rebuilt, so they can’t really rebuild H5 after launch, so they’ll do it for H6.
>
>
> They knew DX12 was coming they could have developed (from the beginning) and just activate the option when DX12 was available.

The issue is, 3 years ago, DX12 would of just been an idea and it really isn’t profitable to delay a game 2-3 years

> 2533274923562209;6:
> > 2533274796869056;2:
> > Then it means the excuse of “The Xbox is not able to handle it” invalid and they SHOULD have included it with Halo 5.
>
>
> They said the Xbox can’t handle it “IF” a game is 60 fps 1080p. I don’t know if they said XB1 flatout can’t do it, I remember them saying it can’t do it if certain games block out the feature to allow split screen. I still think they could’ve done split-screen but I’m not a technology guy so I can’t fully understand it all. At the same time I don’t care if theres a split screen or not as I haven’t done that stuff since halo 1 launched in 2001.

I personally feel like they can, but I do believe them when they say they cant because of the dynamic res and other reasons.

I’m assuming DX12 just cant be put in because its on an Xbox which isn’t an open platform

> 2535411711152989;3:
> > 2533274796869056;2:
> > Then it means the excuse of “The Xbox is not able to handle it” invalid and they SHOULD have included it with Halo 5.
>
>
> I have to agree with this, unless there’s an x factor here that we’re not aware of.

Because the fact of the 60FPS was the reason they didn’t add split-screen in, and here I post it for you.

In the end, the teams make decisions based on the bar that they want to hit for complexity of what they’re going to run on a single box, […]

We see the robustness of what Xbox Live is today and where people are playing across Xbox Live–you at your house, me at our house. We know that’s the vast majority of the co-op play. With Halo 5, the team really wanted to focus on making that experience great, both visually on the screen that you’re looking at, and all the systems in place.
Previously 343 Industries’ executive producer Josh Holmes had mentioned that since they wanted to up the graphics as high as possible while also including a high-end AI system, they would have to sacrifice split-screen options for Halo 5 in the process.

Spencer went on to further justify the removal of the split-screen option in the game by stating…

> I love the nostalgia of the couch co-op of what Halo did in the past, but I also know in the realities of the day with people’s busy lives, it’s not as easy to get everybody in the same physical place. It’s one of the advantages that Xbox Live obviously offers.

> 2533274908167886;8:
> > 2533274796869056;7:
> > > 2533274908167886;5:
> > > Actually, have you heard of DX12? I’m pretty sure that’s how they’d do it. The new dashboard (November 2015 dash) is DX12 compatible and changes the way XBOX processes graphics (the change is more noticeable on PC). For a game to have DX12, it’s engine has to be rebuilt, so they can’t really rebuild H5 after launch, so they’ll do it for H6.
> >
> >
> > They knew DX12 was coming they could have developed (from the beginning) and just activate the option when DX12 was available.
>
>
> The issue is, 3 years ago, DX12 would of just been an idea and it really isn’t profitable to delay a game 2-3 years

This is the problem. Expect Halo 6 to have DX12.x

> 2533274832183516;10:
> > I love the nostalgia of the couch co-op of what Halo did in the past, but I also know in the realities of the day with people’s busy lives, it’s not as easy to get everybody in the same physical place. It’s one of the advantages that Xbox Live obviously offers.

While your post is great i need to call BS on that guys quote.
IT is easy to get people in the same physical place, want an easy example?
How about your own family members, brother etc that would like to play with you on the same Tv and on the same box?
Oh right you cant because it is so hard to get everybody on the same place that is is easier to BUY a new Xbox + Copy of the game + Live subscription + TV right?

I hope Halo 6 personally is in development now as a release title for the next xbox. The xbox one is great and all but MS really need to step up and make a really powerful console again because lets face it both the X1 and PS4 are both weak as -Yoink-. (Even though the PS4 is no doubt stronger both kind of suck).

P.S I don’t even own a PS4 as I don’t really like the controller or the games it offers. I am just being honest.

> 2535418620009446;13:
> I hope Halo 6 personally is in development now as a release title for the next xbox. The xbox one is great and all but MS really need to step up and make a really powerful console again because lets face it both the X1 and PS4 are both weak as -Yoink-. (Even though the PS4 is no doubt stronger both kind of suck)

The current Gen is fairly new it is very safe to assume Halo 6 will be within the Xbox One lifespan.

> 2533274796869056;12:
> > 2533274832183516;10:
> > > I love the nostalgia of the couch co-op of what Halo did in the past, but I also know in the realities of the day with people’s busy lives, it’s not as easy to get everybody in the same physical place. It’s one of the advantages that Xbox Live obviously offers.
>
>
> While your post is great i need to call BS on that guys quote.
> IT is easy to get people in the same physical place, want an easy example?
> How about your own family members, brother etc that would like to play with you on the same Tv and on the same box?
> Oh right you cant because it is so hard to get everybody on the same place that is is easier to BUY a new Xbox + Copy of the game + Live subscription + TV right?

I remember first reading the post and thinking that hes crazy but personally, I don’t use split-screen much. I use it literally 3 times every Halo game, but I do see why people are upset about it.

I just wanted to bring happy news to the forums for once lol. My only other post that gets responses is on the December update which I made to please people xD

> 2535418620009446;13:
> I hope Halo 6 personally is in development now as a release title for the next xbox. The xbox one is great and all but MS really need to step up and make a really powerful console again because lets face it both the X1 and PS4 are both weak as -Yoink-. (Even though the PS4 is no doubt stronger both kind of suck).
>
> P.S I don’t even own a PS4 as I don’t really like the controller or the games it offers. I am just being honest.

I doubt the Xbone will be going anywhere for at least 6 years. Over time the devs will just learn how to use the tools better. Look at Halo 4 compared to Halo 3, Halo 3 couldn’t utilize the X360 as much as H4 could.

> 2533274908167886;15:
> > 2533274796869056;12:
> > > 2533274832183516;10:
> > > > I love the nostalgia of the couch co-op of what Halo did in the past, but I also know in the realities of the day with people’s busy lives, it’s not as easy to get everybody in the same physical place. It’s one of the advantages that Xbox Live obviously offers.
> >
> >
> > While your post is great i need to call BS on that guys quote.
> > IT is easy to get people in the same physical place, want an easy example?
> > How about your own family members, brother etc that would like to play with you on the same Tv and on the same box?
> > Oh right you cant because it is so hard to get everybody on the same place that is is easier to BUY a new Xbox + Copy of the game + Live subscription + TV right?
>
>
> I remember first reading the post and thinking that hes crazy but personally, I don’t use split-screen much. I use it literally 3 times every Halo game, but I do see why people are upset about it.
> I just wanted to bring happy news to the forums for once lol. My only other post that gets responses is on the December update which I made to please people xD

Oh don’t get me wrong.

I am very happy they are considering bringing it back to Halo 6 but that is because they saw the outcry for not having it on Halo 5.

I do use or used ot use Split screen a lot because I do get with my buddies to play some split screen every now and then (Thankfully i still have the older Halos) but it would have been nice to be able to keep doing it with this iteration of the game.

> 2533274908167886;16:
> > 2535418620009446;13:
> > I hope Halo 6 personally is in development now as a release title for the next xbox. The xbox one is great and all but MS really need to step up and make a really powerful console again because lets face it both the X1 and PS4 are both weak as -Yoink-. (Even though the PS4 is no doubt stronger both kind of suck).
> >
> > P.S I don’t even own a PS4 as I don’t really like the controller or the games it offers. I am just being honest.
>
>
> I doubt the Xbone will be going anywhere for at least 6 years. Over time the devs will just learn how to use the tools better. Look at Halo 4 compared to Halo 3, Halo 3 couldn’t utilize the X360 as much as H4 could.

Who knows consoles used to have like a 5 year cycle ish before the PS3 and X360 which IMO was better than the 10 year cycle. Plus this time around the X1 and PS4 are just not as good as the X360 and PS3 were at launch it’s okay to be behind because it is a console and needs to be affordable but not as far behind as these current consoles are it’s just unacceptable really.

> 2533274796869056;17:
> > 2533274908167886;15:
> > > 2533274796869056;12:
> > > > 2533274832183516;10:
> > > > > I love the nostalgia of the couch co-op of what Halo did in the past, but I also know in the realities of the day with people’s busy lives, it’s not as easy to get everybody in the same physical place. It’s one of the advantages that Xbox Live obviously offers.
> > >
> > >
> > > While your post is great i need to call BS on that guys quote.
> > > IT is easy to get people in the same physical place, want an easy example?
> > > How about your own family members, brother etc that would like to play with you on the same Tv and on the same box?
> > > Oh right you cant because it is so hard to get everybody on the same place that is is easier to BUY a new Xbox + Copy of the game + Live subscription + TV right?
> >
> >
> > I remember first reading the post and thinking that hes crazy but personally, I don’t use split-screen much. I use it literally 3 times every Halo game, but I do see why people are upset about it.
> > I just wanted to bring happy news to the forums for once lol. My only other post that gets responses is on the December update which I made to please people xD
>
>
> Oh don’t get me wrong.
>
> I am very happy they are considering bringing it back to Halo 6 but that is because they saw the outcry for not having it on Halo 5.
>
> I do use or used to use Split screen a lot because I do get with my buddies to play some split screen every now and then (Thankfully i still have the older Halos) but it would have been nice to be able to keep doing it with this iteration of the game.

Honestly, people would find something else to complain about anyway. The truth is, couch gaming isn’t as big as it was 5 years ago (unfortunately) and hopefully devs - not just 343i - will see Halo 5 and realize it’s still wanted to some extent.

I have missed the opportunity to have a small LAN party because of the lack of split-screen but I’m fine with it now lol

If they make it so, I will be a very happy Siegery.

That said, it shouldn’t be something that the press make a big deal about. It should be a bog standard feature of the game anyway.