Split screen FPS lag?

Occasionally, I notice some intense FPS (Frames per second) lag, but it’s nothing compared to what I get when I split-screen with my girlfriend.

At best, it’s jittery, but when playing spartan ops or campaign, with lots of stuff going on, it is almost unplayable.
War games is pretty bad at times too. Even when there isn’t much going on in the game.

Any idea how to fix this? Or is this just something I’m going to either have to get used to or stop split-screening?

Happens to me as well, you will find maps to avoid that are worse with the lag (Eg. Complex). I don’t think their is any fix, hopefully they can somehow fix it. But the only fix I can think of would be the new xbox release. It should be able to handle the process of 2 or more players without lagging. Assuming that xbox 360 games will work on it.

> Happens to me as well, you will find maps to avoid that are worse with the lag (Eg. Complex). I don’t think their is any fix, hopefully they can somehow fix it. But the only fix I can think of would be the new xbox release. It should be able to handle the process of 2 or more players without lagging. Assuming that xbox 360 games will work on it.

I was thinking maybe it was something to do with the hardware, when my friends first told me about it.
But then I started having the same problem, which would make so sense if that were the case, since I have the Halo 4 Xbox, so the newest model and shipped with the game. There’s no reason its hardware shouldn’t be able to deal with just one extra player, considering the game supposedly supports up to 4 players.