Splatters Patched?

Back in the good old days fo halo 3, a slight tap of a ghosts wing would send a spartan flying. in Halo 4, it seems as though you can barely take the sheilds off an afk dude, was damage patched?

Was damage patched? Nerf would be a better word. But yes Splatters have been weird in this game and inconsistent.

It’s very inconsistent. Sometimes you can splatter someone full speed and other times you’ll just bounce off of them. You can also get splatters if you barely hit someone. The inconsistency is very annoying.

… In H3, you could barely splatter anything.

Reach made splattering a very dangerous, profitable tactic.

And the same has continued in H4.

Apparently we weren’t playing the same H3.

In Halo:CE was when you get tapped by a vehicle and get splatter no matter how fast the vehicle was going.

> … In H3, you could barely splatter anything.
>
> <mark>Reach made splattering a very dangerous, profitable tactic.</mark>
>
> And the same has continued in H4.
>
> Apparently we weren’t playing the same H3.

Except for armor lock of course, which ruined splatters almost altogether. The only halo game with consistent splatters was ce, in my opinion. I would give up boarding to have that back.

It was patched in the most base sense of the word.

true story right here

i splattered a enemy full speed and he didnt die. 3 seconds later after i had no boost left my wing clipped my teammate and it said i betrayed him i mean really?

Armour Lock was frustrating but that doesn’t change how splattering was easy to do.

In H3 most splatter attempts would breeze through somebody without killing them, though you’d hear it.

Yes, I know why that is, but Reach and H4 still had great splatters.

Personally, I didn’t like H1 that much, but to give up boarding for splatters like that? I like boarding, it’s great. Interesting opinion though.

Ah i had a similiar experience on BTB, a enemy was chasing a ally and my gunner was shot off so in order to save my teammate i proceeded to run the enemy over.Instead he harmlessly bounced off and i hit my teammate which was a team kill, then i got stuck by some other guy.

The splatter mechanic definitely has some major issues that i hope are fixed in the upcoming TU since it is an actual bug occurring.Its like the game isnt recognizing your speed when you hit a player.This same inconsistency can be seen in kill cams.

It’s an opinion not shared by many I would say. But ce was my first halo game and that’s the way I learned to play. I just like knowing what happens when I hit somebody. Like it or not in ce there is no randomness to vehicle damage. If it’s moving you’re dying. End of story. I thought it added a nice element because a ghost could be a one man wrecking crew in when it was assaulting a base in CTF.

But this is something that I don’t make threads about because I know I’m a minority. We’ve had boarding now for nearly a decade and many people consider it to be a trademark of the franchise. Also the vehicles we have today would be unstoppable without boarding. I can’t even imagine the wraith, banshee, and mantis without it. However, I stand by my original statement: I’d give it all up to have back halo ce vehicle physics.

Very interesting.

In Halo 3 you would get Splatters to easily… Not to mention you would get Splatter Medals for killing someone with the Plasma Cannon’s on the ghost…

See For Your Self

I cant splatter in Halo 4 for some reason. Not blaming the game, its just I have always ALWAYS had horrible luck in Halo games (ask my friends they know)

I can hit someone at full speed on a straight patch of land and they will lose little to no shields.

on the other foot

I can jump over a ghost, or get tapped by a stationary ghost and get killed so hard that I die to death.

What works for others in a Halo game automatically doesnt work for me. Thats how the universe has deemed halo to work for me.

> > … In H3, you could barely splatter anything.
> >
> > <mark>Reach made splattering a very dangerous, profitable tactic.</mark>
> >
> > And the same has continued in H4.
> >
> > Apparently we weren’t playing the same H3.
>
> Except for armor lock of course, which ruined splatters almost altogether. The only halo game with consistent splatters was ce, in my opinion. I would give up boarding to have that back.

What part of dangerous are you missing? Armor lock balanced it. I don’t see what the big deal is, I still get triple splatters in Reach… And I did it with every Covenant vehicle in BTB LOL. I dunno I’m like a godly wheelman in any Halo game…

If they armor lock, just slow down and pressure them to keep it up with the Ghost’s guns. Then feign a boost to force a jump, then SQUISH! Muahahahahahaaa I love that.

AS FOR HALO 4 I’ve had people hijack full speed Wraiths head on… That’s just WRONG. A guy also splattered me with a ghost without touching me… I also splattered somebody in Base Alpha on Dominion by merely turning my ghost. Um… yeah.

Jesus, splattering is absolutely terrible in this game. Splattering a teammate seems very akin to CE (though it isn’t a complete death touch), but splattering enemies is just extremely inconsistent and stupid. Very often I would go top speed on a ghost, and only knock out the shields of an enemy, but I managed to get splattered when a ghost recovered from an emp blast. He didn’t even move. The ghost simply lifted from the ground, and that simple movement killed me.

I agree that the splatters are extremely inconsistent. Sometimes easy triple kills, and sometimes you nail people and they just board you at full speed. Other times you barely strafe and kill em. Weird and inconsistent.

I wonder if there’s some sort of scaling variable or condition that’s backwards… Or perhaps angular velocity is having more of an effect than linear velocity? That’d be an interesting thing to test – if turning or tilting is more effective than boosting.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> I wonder if there’s some sort of scaling variable or condition that’s backwards… Or perhaps angular velocity is having more of an effect than linear velocity? That’d be an interesting thing to test – if turning or tilting is more effective than boosting.

Christ, stop “answering” questions with could be’s to make yourself sound smart. If you don’t have a real answer just be quiet and “moniter”.