Splatter physics?

Have they done something to the splatter physics? It used to be that you would die at the slightest touch… now people are constantly bouncing off my bumper in a warthog or they’re just pushed aside with moderate damage by a banshee/ghost…
It went from splatters being OP to now I can’t get a kill with them! Just me or has anyone else noticed?

> 2533274910462545;1:
> Have they done something to the splatter physics? It used to be that you would die at the slightest touch… now people are constantly bouncing off my bumper in a warthog or they’re just pushed aside with moderate damage by a banshee/ghost…
> It went from splatters being OP to now I can’t get a kill with them! Just me or has anyone else noticed?

I haven’t noticed any change. They have been remarkably inconsistent since day one though.

Lol when my team mates bump into me with the slightest touch I die instantly, but when I fully collide with an enemy at full speed I just take down their shields… wtf?

Man i kinda agree with you! They should totally make it a bit easier for you to get a kill with a vehicle, but reduce the damage from your team mates vehicle.

I see no change at all. Every time I think about moving my Scorpion tank I splatter someone.

Honestly it does seem a bit inconsistent. I’ve full blown run someone over in a ghost and they just took some damage and walked away (though the ground was a bit bumpy so I probably clipped him rather than hit full on) but there have been other times where I barely tap someone and it’s like “oh cool a splatter, huh.”

> 2533274880633045;2:
> > 2533274910462545;1:
> > Have they done something to the splatter physics? It used to be that you would die at the slightest touch… now people are constantly bouncing off my bumper in a warthog or they’re just pushed aside with moderate damage by a banshee/ghost…
> > It went from splatters being OP to now I can’t get a kill with them! Just me or has anyone else noticed?
>
>
> I haven’t noticed any change. They have been remarkably inconsistent since day one though.

See, this is the one issue I have with Halo 5’s vehicle mechanics, inconsistency. That along with the fact that every vehicle besides the tank is filled with planet-sized amounts of helium.

Yes, this is by far my biggest problem with Halo 5. I wish they would make it easier to splatter. It was my absolute favorite thing to do in H3 and Reach. Now its impossible to splatter someone without getting a full head of steam from across the map.

I wonder what their algorithm for the physics is

343 will fix splatters right after they fix highjacking fully boasting Ghosts/Banshees… RIP physics

Yea its broken to be honest.

At least it looks like some people agree with me then, i’m sure they tweaked vehicles at some point not too long ago, to fix warthogs and -Yoink!-(eese?) flipping so easily. Maybe the change happened then… either way it’s soul crushing losing a banshee or ghost because they just lose their shields then proceed to hijack you when you ram into them

If you jump down onto an enemy wraith in motion it’s a splatter like every time!

> 2533274902059420;3:
> Lol when my team mates bump into me with the slightest touch I die instantly, but when I fully collide with an enemy at full speed I just take down their shields… wtf?

Halo ce splatter…

> 2533274910462545;12:
> At least it looks like some people agree with me then, i’m sure they tweaked vehicles at some point not too long ago, to fix warthogs and -Yoink!-(eese?) flipping so easily. Maybe the change happened then… either way it’s soul crushing losing a banshee or ghost because they just lose their shields then proceed to hijack you when you ram into them

Possibly the last update. One of the stats bragged about in the 4/15 community update was reducing splatter rates by 37.5%. They seemed more concerned with stats than overall mechanics

turning vehicles which are upside down physics are the worst in h5. And teammates still die from the slightest bump with a ghost…

> 2533274820441404;16:
> turning vehicles which are upside down physics are the worst in h5. And teammates still die from the slightest bump with a ghost…

Especially when they have a Legendary or Mythic REQ.

> 2535469600463812;14:
> > 2533274902059420;3:
> > Lol when my team mates bump into me with the slightest touch I die instantly, but when I fully collide with an enemy at full speed I just take down their shields… wtf?
>
>
> Halo ce splatter…

Oh god… The nightmares :open_mouth:

> 2533274820441404;16:
> turning vehicles which are upside down physics are the worst in h5. And teammates still die from the slightest bump with a ghost…

You sure? Because I can count at least a dozen instances where I full on boosted into a guy and only popped his shields and pushed him out of the way. I’ll have to start recording these things because its mind boggling how they don’t die from a full speed ghost collision.

> 2535455771499455;7:
> > 2533274880633045;2:
> > > 2533274910462545;1:
> > > Have they done something to the splatter physics? It used to be that you would die at the slightest touch… now people are constantly bouncing off my bumper in a warthog or they’re just pushed aside with moderate damage by a banshee/ghost…
> > > It went from splatters being OP to now I can’t get a kill with them! Just me or has anyone else noticed?
> >
> >
> > I haven’t noticed any change. They have been remarkably inconsistent since day one though.
>
>
> See, this is the one issue I have with Halo 5’s vehicle mechanics, inconsistency. That along with the fact that every vehicle besides the tank is filled with planet-sized amounts of helium.

I think the “helium” effect of most vehicles is intentional. The ONI variants on the other hand seem to stick to the ground and handle much better in general.

On splatter though, I got the commendation by using scout warthogs, it was more consistent for me than the ghost was… Full boost into enemy, they jump and hijack me…slowly strafe to get around a teammate, splatter. :frowning: