Splatter mechanics are ridiculously vague

I just got booted from a Warzone Assault match 4 seconds before it finished because I accidentally splattered a teammate with an enemy, and that’s after splattering another teammate for tickling him with the tip of a Ghost’s wing.

I mean I can understand getting booted for multiple intentional betrayals, but what the heck, 4 seconds from the end of a match because one of the accidental betrayals registered a light tap as too fast? And to add insult to injury, in any other match none of them would have been booted, I’d be hijacked and kicked under the ghost 10 times over doing the exact same thing because driving a Ghost onto some Spartans just tickles the shield.

Vehicle physics have been a royal mess, but this is pretty ridiculous with the booting system acting up for kicks.

I think it’s funny, it’s like halo ce vehicle physics all over again.

> 2535435964652835;2:
> I think it’s funny, it’s like halo ce vehicle physics all over again.

It’s not funny lol. I remember I was trying to board a wraith once and boosted into the front of it, trying to board from the front. The wraith “splattered” me. So frustrating.

Agreed! I jumped and landed on a stationary scorpion today the scorpion started driving as I landed and splatter city! :frowning:

Agreed, I’ve betrayed so many people trying to strafe in a ghost. Surprised I’ve never been booted.

Also, remember back when you killed a teammate and you just knew that they were looking at the “press (X) to boot” message on their screen, holding your life in their hands, passing judgment?

> 2533274873858957;1:
> I just got booted from a Warzone Assault match 4 seconds before it finished because I accidentally splattered a teammate with an enemy, and that’s after splattering another teammate for tickling him with the tip of a Ghost’s wing.
>
> I mean I can understand getting booted for multiple intentional betrayals, but what the heck, 4 seconds from the end of a match because one of the accidental betrayals registered a light tap as too fast? And to add insult to injury, in any other match none of them would have been booted, I’d be hijacked and kicked under the ghost 10 times over doing the exact same thing because driving a Ghost onto some Spartans just tickles the shield.
>
> Vehicle physics have been a royal mess, but this is pretty ridiculous with the booting system acting up for kicks.

I’m sure you’ve also noticed, like me, that the “wing” of the ghost doesn’t splatter enemies… more just tips your ghost and loses any sort of control? Please tell me this happened to you cause I beginning to dislike the physics very much!

I’ve found splatters in this game really difficult to do, much more so than previous games.

Conversely though it seems like I get splattered numerous times a match…

Halo CE splatter mechanics FTW. Dying by standing near a parked Warthog is how it should be.

Can’t count the times I’ve fully boosted into someone with a ghost, only to take out their shields, flip my ghost and be killed by them. Then, a get nicked by a bad guy who’s not boosting and insta-die

Like other have said 343 just wants the splatter mechanics to be just like halo ce. Wich means a fully super armored spartan genetically modified dies from a 2 mile per hour clip from a mongoose.

> 2533274924282060;8:
> Halo CE splatter mechanics FTW. Dying by standing near a parked Warthog is how it should be.

This is a joke, right?

This guy is being sarcastic?

The detection in this game is all sorts of FUBAR.

I’ve gotten betrayals after being killed, when an enemy jacks you and then hits one of your teammates. I’ve gotten kills after I’m dead with vehicles that have already been destroyed, I’ve gotten assists on vehicle kills after being hijacked and killed from the same vehicle…

it seems easier to splatter my own team mates half the time.

> 2533274873204041;11:
> > 2533274924282060;8:
> > Halo CE splatter mechanics FTW. Dying by standing near a parked Warthog is how it should be.
>
>
> This is a joke, right?
>
> This guy is being sarcastic?

Oh no he is not kidding.

You could stand next to an enemy warthog front wheels and if the enemy turned the wheel without moving it sent you flying across the map

This has scarred me for life:

The amount of times I’ve been splattered by a near stationary tank is beyond count, though when I hit someone full speed with a ghost half the time they just bounce off then hijack me.

Who here has boosted onto a Ghost with a Wraith, hit the ghost head one, proceeded to fly into the air, do two backflips and land the right way on the other side of the ghost which didn’t budge an inch when the multiple tonnage vehicle came at top speed into it?

Can proudly say I did, best part was that the ghost turned around to shoot me and my wraith had landed on a cliff edge I couldn’t recover from.

> 2533275012241994;16:
> The amount of times I’ve been splattered by a near stationary tank is beyond count, though when I hit someone full speed with a ghost half the time they just bounce off then hijack me.

I love when some -Yoink- tries to hijack my tank and I just floor it and he gets splattered on the hood.

> 2533275010968401;14:
> > 2533274873204041;11:
> > > 2533274924282060;8:
> > > Halo CE splatter mechanics FTW. Dying by standing near a parked Warthog is how it should be.
> >
> >
> > This is a joke, right?
> >
> > This guy is being sarcastic?
>
>
> Oh no he is not kidding.
>
> You could stand next to an enemy warthog front wheels and if the enemy turned the wheel without moving it sent you flying across the map

That sounds amazing. I need to look this up