Splatter FF

Can we get FF extended to splatters? I’ve had too many games today where teammates have killed me in Spartan Ops because they cant pay attention to where they -Yoink- they are going and just run over anyone they damn well please.

I dont mind vehicles being destroyed, but its stupid to let people splatter you when your own team isnt supposed to be able to deal any damage to you at all.

Well this is almost amusing. The last game I was in, the entire team went TK on me for knowing what I was doing in a co-op mode.

Had to quit because I couldnt get close to any firefight without someone sending a salvo of missiles at me.

I’ve had so many -Yoinks!- leap in front of my speeding vehicle because they couldn’t pay attention to where the hell they were going or their motion tracker.

Excuses. Almost every time I see it happen, its the drivers fault because they are speeding around like its their right to kill everything in sight.

The motion tracker does absolutely no good in letting a player know when someone is speeding over a hilltop when they are full throttle all the time.

It’s not our fault when we’re aiming to go somewhere between people, then suddenly someone leaps backwards into our paths. I think both of us can use a little more awareness, because it’s much harder to stop your vehicle instantly as opposed to your Spartan. I have been boosting through an area behind a teammate moving away from the area I’m going, and suddenly jumping back into my path. If you pay a bit of attention, even on your motion tracker, you would know a vehicle is coming. I’ve jumped over friendly ghosts coming around corners because I saw them on my tracker, without ever seeing the ghost itself, avoiding a betrayal.

In addition, Wraiths are -Yoinking!- huge and don’t move fast. Teammates need to get the -Yoink- out of the way when a Wraith is coming through, because if it so much as touches someone it removes their shields/betrays them, and I can’t tell you how many times people leap in front of it just as I boost, or won’t get out of the way.

And to your Driver’s fault point, sometimes it is my fault when I drive, but when I’m in a friendly area I’m exceedingly careful. Yet despite my care, most of the time I betray someone it’s because they leaped or sprinted in front of my vehicle (when I had been taking a course giving them a wide berth).

I’m not concerned so much with random FF splatters as the THREE times I have spawned directly in front of a speeding vehicle. One time I got splattered by a warthog, and then insta-respawned 10 feet forward right in front of it and got splattered again.

> It’s not our fault when we’re aiming to go somewhere between people, then suddenly someone leaps backwards into our paths. I think both of us can use a little more awareness, because it’s much harder to stop your vehicle instantly as opposed to your Spartan. I have been boosting through an area behind a teammate moving away from the area I’m going, and suddenly jumping back into my path. If you pay a bit of attention, even on your motion tracker, you would know a vehicle is coming. I’ve jumped over friendly ghosts coming around corners because I saw them on my tracker, without ever seeing the ghost itself, avoiding a betrayal.

I dunno about you, but I dont use the tracker mod that gives you that sort of awareness of where vehicles are coming from. Most people on Ghosts dont know how to use the guns and just try to splatter everything in the way, including their teammates knowing that they cant get out of the way in time, seeing as the tracker is a default of 25m for on foot, and the drivers cant be -Yoinked!- to use the boost responsibly.

> In addition, Wraiths are -Yoinking!- huge and don’t move fast. Teammates need to get the -Yoink!- out of the way when a Wraith is coming through, because if it so much as touches someone it removes their shields/betrays them, and I can’t tell you how many times people leap in front of it just as I boost, or won’t get out of the way.

If someone ever gets killed by a Wraith via splatter, the driver is solely at fault. Its easy to avoid when its not boosting and more times than not, people are dying because of irresponsible boosting. That or they are getting screwed over because the Wraith driver wants to feel good about themselves and they start TKing any vehicle in sight so they can feel special.

> And to your Driver’s fault point, sometimes it is my fault when I drive, but when I’m in a friendly area I’m exceedingly careful. Yet despite my care, most of the time I betray someone it’s because they leaped or sprinted in front of my vehicle (when I had been taking a course giving them a wide berth).

The majority of the time, it is on the driver because when you are working in a co-op mode or in a mode with no FF enabled at all, it is the driver’s responsibility to watch where they are going so they dont kill anyone on their own side. Just like in real life, its rarely the pediestrian’s fault they got run over when someone jams down the pedal and drives with their eyes everywhere but in front of them.

> I’m not concerned so much with random FF splatters as the THREE times I have spawned directly in front of a speeding vehicle. One time I got splattered by a warthog, and then insta-respawned 10 feet forward right in front of it and got splattered again.

Had that happen to me too, in the same game where I was getting TK’d by everyone on my team because I had an idea of where the spawns were in Battle at Valhalla.