Spirit of Fire gang or Infinity gang

old nostalgic feeling of the former colony ship Spirit of Fire?
or
new technological advances of the flagship Infinity?

I’m personally a Spirit of Fire fan, basing custom short story/ minecraft builds/ 3D modeling on the former colony ship
yeah the infinity is advanced and all of that but I just cant let go of the older UNSC ship designs!

I’m gonna have to say I’m an Infinity man myself. Just love the detail and power of it. Spirit of Fire is pretty dope though; the true OG power ship

Aesthetically I prefer the Spirit of Fire. However if I had to choose one to serve on, I’d pick the Infinity because of its firepower and ability to drop frigates.

> 2535448445124374;1:
> old nostalgic feeling of the former colony ship Spirit of Fire?
> or
> new technological advances of the flagship Infinity?

Cant say I feel much for either tbh. But I think the Infinity (and its unfinished cousin the Eternity) are an interesting class of ships given only 2 exist in total (and only one is actually active)

Ship wise I’m all for the infinity, but if we’re going crew then the infinities have nothing on Captain Cutter and the spirits of fires crew. What I’d love would be to see them both retrofitted with the tech ONI may get any ancient human ships and and make Infinity a dreadnought class and spirit of fire a carrier class maybe.

I think the crew of the Spirit of Fire are more interesting.

Overall I prefer infinity, as its a powerful ship that is explained as such. SoF is supposed to be an underdog, but its written poorly. Underdogs are great and all, but SoF just sort of rolls over everything it encounters. This worked in HW1 because they at least lost one of their people and sacrificed their FTL drive, presumably stranding them for centuries. But then it just gets teleported into relevancy again. An old ship with half a crew made an utter joke out of the leader of the new badguy faction.

Heck infinity struggles more, though some of this is the Worf effect.

I’d say the SoF. Halo Wars was the first Halo game I really played, so I’ve got a lot of nostalgia for the SoF.

That being said, I do love the Infinity. I’d love to be able to explore the whole thing.

The Spirit of Fire.

The Spirit of Fire. It carries a tragic air to it, and in one game it developed more emotion than the Pillar of Autumn did in both novels and CE combined. The Spirit of Fire is the tale of those who gave up so much, and its crew is much more human than almost any other we’ve seen. It was once a colonizer vessel, so it even shows the changing times of the war. It also used MACs in atmosphere before it happened in Reach.

Spirit of fire for me looks nicer.But the infinity is a lot bigger and has more fire power.

> 2533274964189700;7:
> I think the crew of the Spirit of Fire are more interesting.
>
> Overall I prefer infinity, as its a powerful ship that is explained as such. SoF is supposed to be an underdog, but its written poorly. Underdogs are great and all, but SoF just sort of rolls over everything it encounters. This worked in HW1 because they at least lost one of their people and sacrificed their FTL drive, presumably stranding them for centuries. But then it just gets teleported into relevancy again. An old ship with half a crew made an utter joke out of the leader of the new badguy faction.
>
> Heck infinity struggles more, though some of this is the Worf effect.

yeah its quite funny and humiliating for a highly advanced faction of post-covenant forces was kicked around by some oldies just after waking up from a 28 year Cryo sleep

Spirit of Fire she maybe old but her crew know her inside and out and Infinity well not a good track record heck could have had more Cruisers in the war in the time and effort wasted on her

But I like Infinity she’s young but I became bias when someone called her the titanic and knew she was doom as so much untested and alien tech almost doomed her more times than any and who knows what else

I really wish they develop Infinity crew more as more a Supercarrier she is rated for a Admiral command and Lasky could have been Infinity CAG made XO or such given the loss of the chain of command and Rio one of the few officers left after the war since all good ones died likely Keyes would have been choice

Overall going with Spirit of Fire as she always made it through even if one idea had her to be destroyed in HW2 in concept

She a lost hero coming home but most of all a reminder of a time when UNSC was fighting non stop for tomorrow if say she the Spartan ship of the Navy

Personally I prefer the Spirit of Fire. The Infinity is just too OP for me. We literally see it bust through a covenant ship at some point like it’s no problem.

For me, Halo’s narrative works best when humanity is the underdog and I never fully got behind the Infinity being the most powerful ship out there.

I love the Spirit of Fire’s crew. The Infinity is a cool ship, but honestly Del Rio has given me a bad taste in my mouth about it

UNSC Infinity all the way, though both ships working together would be a hero fleet in their own right.

The Infinity is far superior in every way, so naturally the only answer is the Spirit of Fire because it’s just cool

Spirt of fire for me as they were able to defeat most of the banished operation on the ark by themselves.

Spirit of Fire without a doubt. It never tries to pretend to be what it isn’t, which is an aged and obsolete piece of **** that the none the less is still able to get the job done. It’s crew likewise while not remarkably written are sympathetic because you really get sense that despite the odds being constantly stacked against them, they never loose their heads. It’s those traits and a little luck that consistently get them through the day. (Though I do think Halo Wars 2 could have been written much better. I’d have been more satisfied if the destruction of the Banished Carrier was countered by the Banished storming and taking controls of the Spirit of Fire while its ground troops were on the Ark, and that’s how the game ended)

Infinity and its crew by comparison are the metaphoric version of human ego at its most ill-judged and unpleasant in my opinion. Mixed with a very unpleasant case of racial supremacy copied and pasted from the real world into a Sci-Fi setting of humans and aliens. Pretty much all the crew members come across as unintentionally unsympathetic, annoying or just plain incompetent yet they never get called out on it.

The Infinity itself is a case of 343 wanting their cake and eating it. Around the time Halo 4 came out we were told it outgunned a CAS-class Assault Carrier which many people took to mean it and the UNSC were now superior technologically to the Covenant, but its never really explained how and why. It’s arsenal is exactly the same arsenal of missiles and MAC cannons that spectacularly proved so inferior to Covenant plasma weapons and energy projectors throughout the entire course of the war. Yes it’s got shields now, but that doesn’t magically increase its firepower or manoeuvrability in ship to ship combat.

What’s worse is there are multiple instances up till now when Infinity should rightly have been destroyed after been rendered neutralised or disabled, yet magically it never is. It’s almost like it’s protected by its importance to the plot of something.

So, in conclusion Spirit of Fire all the way. It should have been the ship that arrived at Requiem in Halo 4 in my opinion. If we get to see Infinity get cracked in half then obliterated to atoms along with several of its more irritating crew members in Halo Infinite I’ll be very happy.

Post Edit Note: Or as an alternative to Spirit of Fire, I think the Shadow of Intent would have made an equally good replacement to Infinity in Halo 4. Give it a mixed crew of humans and SOS Sangheili crew led by Rtas. That would have been interesting, and I’d take Rtas over 10 Lasky’s any day.

Really hard choice. Spirit of fire has SPARTAN red team, Captain Cutter, Isabel, etc but INFINITY has much more armament, is larger and is better in many eyes. INFINITY also has 400 spartans, including blue team and fireteam osiris. but keep in mind the Spirit of fire, outdated, outmanned, and outgunned, defeated the Banished on the ark. The Infinity, the flagship of the UNSC, was possibly destroyed in the battle for zeta halo. Given the choice in a poll, I would choose Spirit of fire. If it were In amber clad vs. Infinity, I would choose infinity.