Speculation: plot of the first few levels.

Everyone, myself included, seems to have forgotten that Cortana dropped a distress beacon at the end of H3. Could the Infinity have picked that up whilst exploring for ‘new worlds’? Could that be why the ship is yoinked into Requiem? And a(nother) reason why Del Rio is pissed off with John and Cortana?

I’m also guessing that the dynamic duo also find a few Covie outposts on the ground, and maybe make attempts to use them to contact the outside world before the bit we saw at E3.

I’d say its a good bet. But the campaign bit we saw was a few levels ish after the beginning. Campaign doesn’t start with infinity being sucked in. But thats probably why they got there in the first place.

That makes sense, but so does the plot for Glasslands, in which they find a way to get something done via the Engineer’s, and Onyx does an innie-outtie thing and flips itself around, allowing the group to get picked up.

So, if that’s the case as you say, Tarts, it’s quite possible that such a thing happened and then Requiem was like NOM NOM on the Infinity. Makes sense.

Sounds like good idea.
OK I seem to have missed something “Del Rio is pissed with John and Cortana”???

> Sounds like good idea.
> OK I seem to have missed something “Del Rio is pissed with John and Cortana”???

There was part of a cutscene shown off at Comic-Con. Del Rio was indeed not happy with 117 and 0452-9, calling him an ageing Spartan and her a malfunctioning AI.

And another thing: the first time that we saw the Cryptum ingame, Cortana refers to it as ‘he’. Now, I firstly dismissed this as the offhand personification of an inanimate object. But then in this (Comic-Con) cutscene, I can’t quite remember if it’s John or Cortana, refer again to a ‘he’/‘him’.

So they’d have to know about Didact/Faber before the Infinity crashes, presumably, which of course comes before the reveal of the Promethean AIs. Seems an odd order in which to reveal new antagonists.

> > Sounds like good idea.
> > OK I seem to have missed something “Del Rio is pissed with John and Cortana”???
>
> There was part of a cutscene shown off at Comic-Con. Del Rio was indeed not happy with 117 and 0452-9, calling him an ageing Spartan and her a malfunctioning AI.

That’s also when Cortana had the bad timing to scream I will not allow you to leave this planet! after she was called a malfunctioning AI.

> > Sounds like good idea.
> > OK I seem to have missed something “Del Rio is pissed with John and Cortana”???
>
> There was part of a cutscene shown off at Comic-Con. Del Rio was indeed not happy with 117 and 0452-9, <mark>calling him an ageing Spartan and her a malfunctioning AI.</mark>

For some reason I know want to see John humiliating some Spartan-IV’s, just to make a point… He goddamnit saved everyone from the Covenant and the Flood.

> > > Sounds like good idea.
> > > OK I seem to have missed something “Del Rio is pissed with John and Cortana”???
> >
> > There was part of a cutscene shown off at Comic-Con. Del Rio was indeed not happy with 117 and 0452-9, <mark>calling him an ageing Spartan and her a malfunctioning AI.</mark>
>
> For some reason I know want to see John humiliating some Spartan-IV’s, just to make a point… He goddamnit saved everyone from the Covenant and the Flood.

It’s ok. John’s too good for that. He doesn’t have to make a point. Just stare.