Speculation: Player movement in MP trailer

Before I begin, I would like to say that we must remember that the Arena trailer is CG, not gameplay, and purely a teaser with not much in-game credibility. That being said, we can speculate on a few things.

One thing that jumped out at me involves player movements.
Some things I noticed.

• Long jump into the arena
    Nothing too interesting here, just thought I’d list it.

• Spartan using thrusters to knock down enemy player
    This I find very cool, perhaps thrusters will be used more commonly in Halo 5. Maybe we can lunge into enemy spartans and perform a type of takedown, or knock them to the ground leaving them vulnerable.

• Spartan sliding behind cover
    This is cool too, maybe sprint in Arena mode will be replaced with a sliding movement? Who knows, but this could be a useful evading technique. Also notice how the spartan seems to “lock in” behind that crate and take cover? I doubt/don’t want Halo to use a cover system but who knows, this is all speculation.

• New Armor Ability
    What’s up with punching the ground? Seriously?
    Anyways, this also showcases the thrusters being used, and alludes to the emphasis of thruster/boosters in MP.

While this might not be much, I think that we should expect to see some more advanced/complex movement abilities in Halo 5 MP that we have never seen before, should be cool!

What’s up with punching the ground? Seriously?*

its some crysis saga sheet…i don’t like it… it was useless, then ,now and forever

All four of those events could simply be different uses of a thruster pack.

> What’s up with punching the ground? Seriously?*
>
> its some crysis saga sheet…i don’t like it… it was useless, then ,now and forever

Just because you couldn’t use Air Stomp doesn’t make it useless.

I think what we saw was just to give an impression of how H5G might feel. I don’t expect the more fancy pants stuff to actually be in the game. Most of it looks like showcasing what direction AA’s might take.

the whole Arena emphasis is pretty awesome. But I wouldn’t want every map to be like that.

The concept of initial spawns being outside the map and having to jump in and run for the best positions is a dynamic I find interesting. That might be a nice twist to certain maps!

As long as sprint is gone, and we go back to balanced starts I’m cool with sliding and stomping. Stomping could work in that it just pushes players away rather than damages them.

I noticed the same things. According to Frankie, they were not armor abilities. They were “spartan abilities.” Makes you wonder… are there still armor abilities? The Spartan abilities are either inherent… or similar to tactical packages.

> What’s up with punching the ground? Seriously?*
>
> its some crysis saga sheet…i don’t like it… it was useless, then ,now and forever

Looks like a mixture between fall height and thruster. Not sure if this will have an effect on someone nearby or it’s just an animation for those that come down fast.

Just an FYI, it seems that Halofollower touched on a few of these ideas as well in one of his recent videos today

> Just an FYI, it seems that <mark>Halofollower</mark> touched on a few of these ideas as well in one of his recent videos today

Not interested 8D

Really can’t wait for more tidbits, though Dx The suspense!

I guess this is the possibility of smart moving.
Also those SAs seems unique and their mentioning of arena has me wondering…