Speculation: Chief, Cortana and The Didact

The Didact is not the ancient evil; he is something like a good guy, … well 343 said it is a more complicated character but nvm atm.

Cortana has her rampage-problem.

And now I saw this video of 343:

“Chief has to make a decision…”

Well I think it will be like that:
You have one thing (may be it is a cryptum or something like that); and now you have to decide which one you rescue with it:
The didact or Cortana.

:stuck_out_tongue:
Thoughts?

Cortana is the Ancient Evil :open_mouth:

lol no.

I say it will be like this:

During the H4 campaign MC meets the didact (first he was an enemy, but now things change a bit). Later in the campaign they fight together VS the ancient evil.

Then a lot of later (may be near the end of H4s storyline) Chief has to make a decision: Save Cortana OR the Didact. (May cuz there is only one cryptum - or something like that).

I think it will be a bit like in Bioshock → also your choise might have an effect to the storyline or/and the gameplay inside H4. (But I guesss not over the end of H4 storyline.)

> Cortana is the Ancient Evil :open_mouth:

You know, at first I thought the same thing. Cortana as an enemy would be MC’s worst nightmare. But she’s not ancient.

> > Cortana is the Ancient Evil :open_mouth:
>
> You know, at first I thought the same thing. Cortana as an enemy would be MC’s worst nightmare. But she’s not ancient.

Yeah, but I had the speculation (dunno where i posted it - a few months ago) that something might awaken IN cortana. She is made of forerunner stuff.
So now she starts rampage and the evil stuff in her awakes.

May be it will take control over her and make her MC enemy… but this is an other speculation.

But may be … both can be true … somehow :stuck_out_tongue: