Speculation about Humanity's re-evolution

I’ve been wondering lately about Halo Silentium and humanity’s rapid re-evolution following the Human-Forerunner War and prior to the Halo Firing. It was shown in Silentium that humanity re-evolved and re-populated very quickly in only 1000 years after the war, which even with her help should have taken millions of years to do and despite checking humanity’s genetics extensively, neither she nor her Lifeworkers could find anything to explain it therefor believing something else, hidden, un-natural and beyond natural evolutionary processes was happening to cause it.

From Halo: Silentium
In this familiar environment, my humans thrived. In fact, they demonstrated an astonishing, almost supernatural resilience. To the shock of my Lifeworkers, the reverted humans bred to more and more advanced forms over just a thousand years, diverging into distinct varieties like a bush blooming with a thousand brilliant flowers. Their numbers grew as well, from thousands to hundreds of thousands to millions.
I could not explain this effect. I sought for it in their genetics, and found nothing. Was there something else at work here—something that had somehow remained hidden from us?
My humans soon gathered into bands, tribes, villages. Tilled the soil and raised crops. Took wolves and goats and sheep, cattle, birds, and charmed them into domestication. Made many tools, developed crude trade and industry.
Within a thousand years, some of them reminded me of the Lord of Admirals.
Others—of the wise-eyed children …
I kept their extraordinary progress hidden from the Old Council and the Builders. I did not tell my husband. Erde-Tyrene was far outside the usual runnels of Forerunner commerce. I removed my Lifeworkers, trimming their numbers to a few, and then, to none. The planet became a forgotten backwater.

From Halopedia

Seeing great potential in the human species, the Librarian was permitted by the Old Council to set up a research station on Earth. Over the span of the next ten thousand years, the Librarian helped the human species to slowly work toward re-creating a primitive society, away from the attention of the Council or the Master Builder.[4] To her great surprise, the humans demonstrated incredible progress and their artificially imposed biological devolution was effectively reversed over the course of a mere millennium, leading the Librarian and her Lifeworkers to suspect that there was something beyond natural evolutionary processes, or the Lifeworkers’ assistance, acting in the background. Unwilling to risk the information of the humans’ advancement from reaching the Council or her husband, she gradually removed her Lifeworkers from Erde-Tyrene and paid only occasional visits to the planet to study the humans’ progress and give them her geas.

Also from Halopedia
The Librarian’s beliefs about humanity were reinforced during the subsequent millennium: in only a thousand years, the devolved humans’ population skyrocketed. Furthermore, the humans branched off into numerous species and subspecies, progress that should have normally taken millions of years. While this was partly due to the assistance of the Librarian and her geas, there were also unknown factors not even the Librarian and her subordinate Lifeworkers could explain despite studying the humans’ genetic code in detail.

Anyone have any ideas about how this occurred? My personal opinion is that the Precursors either somehow accelerated humanity’s re-evolution following the war as according to what we know of them they have the ability to do this possibly with their Neural Physics capabilities. Or perhaps they put a hidden Geas into humanity which overrode the the devolution done by the Forerunners as it is speculated that the Precursors put a Geas on the Forerunners themselves by Forerunner Scholars, something I believe likely.

What does anyone else think about this?

I think of your two theories the “purposefully pushed forward by the precursors” is the more likely one, though also a bit questionable as the Flood exhibited the ability but not manipulate neuralphysical structures, so it seems the flood’s mastery was still somewhat limited.

The 2nd theory is a bit less likely I think, as it begs the question why batch 2 (aka, us) took so much longer.

> 2533274964189700;2:
> I think of your two theories the “purposefully pushed forward by the precursors” is the more likely one, though also a bit questionable as the Flood exhibited the ability but not manipulate neuralphysical structures, so it seems the flood’s mastery was still somewhat limited.
>
> The 2nd theory is a bit less likely I think, as it begs the question why batch 2 (aka, us) took so much longer.

Good point about my 2nd theory. i didn’t consider modern humanity taking far longer to re-evolve. This was something I was thinking about for a while now and is one of reasons I think the Precursors are still out there and not entirely corrupted by their betrayal by the Forerunners and their kin’s transformation into the Flood and aren’t all out to make their creations suffer forever as a result.