Specter Thread

343i me and many others would love to see the specter return to halo and multiplayer.

If you had a large covenant map for big team it would seem fair to put a specter instead of a warthog. Its the covenants version of a warthog.

It would make for some fun and exciting new gameplay in multiplayer. Keep it how it was in Halo 2 4 person vehicle.

Unless you had some new forurunner version of a warthog that would be cool as well.

> 343i me and many others would love to see the specter return to halo and multiplayer.
>
> If you had a large covenant map for big team it would seem fair to put a specter instead of a warthog. Its the covenants version of a warthog.
>
> It would make for some fun and exciting new gameplay in multiplayer. Keep it how it was in Halo 2 4 person vehicle.
>
> Unless you had some new forurunner version of a warthog that would be cool as well.

Spectre can stay buried. We don’t need a copy and paste job vehicle like the Spectre.

Revenant needs to come back.

> > 343i me and many others would love to see the specter return to halo and multiplayer.
> >
> > If you had a large covenant map for big team it would seem fair to put a specter instead of a warthog. Its the covenants version of a warthog.
> >
> > It would make for some fun and exciting new gameplay in multiplayer. Keep it how it was in Halo 2 4 person vehicle.
> >
> > Unless you had some new forurunner version of a warthog that would be cool as well.
>
> Spectre can stay buried. We don’t need a copy and paste job vehicle like the Spectre.
>
> Revenant needs to come back.

So your replacing one copy and pasted vehicle for another? Revenant was a weaker version of the wraith. Exactly the same but weaker.

> > 343i me and many others would love to see the specter return to halo and multiplayer.
> >
> > If you had a large covenant map for big team it would seem fair to put a specter instead of a warthog. Its the covenants version of a warthog.
> >
> > It would make for some fun and exciting new gameplay in multiplayer. Keep it how it was in Halo 2 4 person vehicle.
> >
> > Unless you had some new forurunner version of a warthog that would be cool as well.
>
> Spectre can stay buried. We don’t need a copy and paste job vehicle like the Spectre.
>

The Revenant is an inferior vehicle though. It can only carry one passenger, while the Spectre could have two passengers and a gunner. The driver is also extremely exposed in a Revenant, while the driver in a Spectre is well protected by armour.

And no, the Spectre was not a copy/paste job. The rear turret was more accurate than the Warthogs while having less power per shot. It could also hover, turn in a 360 motionless circle, and had boosting abilites. Also the 2 passengers vs 1 for a warthog. It was as much of a unique vehicle compared to the warthog as the Wraith is compared to the Scorpion.

I liked the Revenant better as well…

Spectre always handled abominably. The design made it useless for anything other than flat ground; I remember ever time I tried to go down a hill its nose would catch and flip it, or something of that nature.

Even if the Revenant is somewhat similar to a Wraith, it’s unique enough to bring back, unlike the Spectre.

> I liked the Revenant better as well…
>
> Spectre always handled abominably. The design made it useless for anything other than flat ground; I remember ever time I tried to go down a hill its nose would catch and flip it, or something of that nature.
>
> Even if the Revenant is somewhat similar to a Wraith, it’s unique enough to bring back, unlike the Spectre.

Revenant is the specter in the future would be weird to bring that back.

I would love to see the Spectre make a return, but why not bring back the Revenant also?

More vehicles is always welcome in my book.

> I would love to see the Spectre make a return, but why not bring back the Revenant also?
>
> More vehicles is always welcome in my book.

Well, Spectre = Covy Warthog, and Revenant = mini Wraith. That might work really well considering the Gauss/Rocket Hogs act like mini tanks, damage wise.

> It can only carry one passenger, while the Spectre could have two passengers

A useless benefit as nobody seriously uses the passenger seats except for the objective runners.

> The driver is also extremely exposed in a Revenant, while the driver in a Spectre is well protected by armour.

From the sides.

But how is this really a plus?

> And no, the Spectre was not a copy/paste job. The rear turret was more accurate than the Warthogs while having less power per shot. It could also hover, turn in a 360 motionless circle, and had boosting abilites. Also the 2 passengers vs 1 for a warthog. It was as much of a unique vehicle compared to the warthog as the Wraith is compared to the Scorpion.

My bad.

It was a copy/paste/reskin job.

It serves the same functionality in the sandbox as the Warthog.

> > I would love to see the Spectre make a return, but why not bring back the Revenant also?
> >
> > More vehicles is always welcome in my book.
>
> Well, Spectre = Covy Warthog, and Revenant = mini Wraith. That might work really well considering the Gauss/Rocket Hogs act like mini tanks, damage wise.

Yes, it would make a lot of sense. i miss playing as a squad of Elites in CTF and not having our own Covie vehicle like a warthog to bcapture the flag

Imagine this, it’s good strategy;

driver + gunner, driver gets them there, while the gunner defends,
the two passengers storm the base, get the flag and run away.

even if one dies you have another chance at scoring

> > > I would love to see the Spectre make a return, but why not bring back the Revenant also?
> > >
> > > More vehicles is always welcome in my book.
> >
> > Well, Spectre = Covy Warthog, and Revenant = mini Wraith. That might work really well considering the Gauss/Rocket Hogs act like mini tanks, damage wise.
>
> Yes, it would make a lot of sense. i miss playing as a squad of Elites in CTF and not having our own Covie vehicle like a warthog to bcapture the flag
>
>
>
> Imagine this, it’s good strategy;
>
> driver + gunner, driver gets them there, while the gunner defends,
> the two passengers storm the base, get the flag and run away.
>
> even if one dies you have another chance at scoring

Except in Halo 3 the Prowler’s turret was as useful as a Water Cannon, so you died before you got to the flag. If the Covenant Spectre’s turret slowed down enemy vehicles, including the enemy vehicle’s turret ROF, then I think it could be really useful/interesting.

I’d much rather see the Revenant come back than the Spectre.

Covie vehicles are traditionally single-pilot, while UNSC vehicles are traditionally teamwork oriented. The only vehicles that have ever gone against this have been the Scorpion, Mantis, Hornet, Spectre, and Prowler.

Not to mention the Revenant was relatively unique compared to the Spectre.

A couple of other changes I’d love to see, is the Scorpion require a Driver (who controls the machinegun) and a Gunner to control the main cannon. As well as the Wraith’s turret being either completely removed, or replaced with turrets the main pilot can use, similar to Halo 2’s Campaign Wraiths when an AI was piloting it.

If a UNSC Aircraft resurfaces, I’d rather see the Falcon than the Hornet. It’s controls were much better, and the teamwork theme of it was nice.

The prowler was a sick idea. Just wasn’t that good.

> > It can only carry one passenger, while the Spectre could have two passengers
>
> A useless benefit as nobody seriously uses the passenger seats except for the objective runners.
>
>
>
>
> > The driver is also extremely exposed in a Revenant, while the driver in a Spectre is well protected by armour.
>
> From the sides.
>
> But how is this really a plus?
>
>
>
> > And no, the Spectre was not a copy/paste job. The rear turret was more accurate than the Warthogs while having less power per shot. It could also hover, turn in a 360 motionless circle, and had boosting abilites. Also the 2 passengers vs 1 for a warthog. It was as much of a unique vehicle compared to the warthog as the Wraith is compared to the Scorpion.
>
> My bad.
>
> It was a copy/paste/reskin job.
>
> It serves the same functionality in the sandbox as the Warthog.

As I said before its as different from the Warthog as the Wraith is to the Scorpion. I think it would be better to have both anyway, Spectre=Chaingun Hog and Revenant=Guass Hog.

> >
> >
> >
>
>

I would like to see the Spectre come back and the Revenant. But most of all I like to see the Chopper return. That was a blast.

> > It can only carry one passenger, while the Spectre could have two passengers
>
> A useless benefit as nobody seriously uses the passenger seats except for the objective runners.
>
>
>
>
> > The driver is also extremely exposed in a Revenant, while the driver in a Spectre is well protected by armour.
>
> From the sides.
>
> But how is this really a plus?
>
>
>
> > And no, the Spectre was not a copy/paste job. The rear turret was more accurate than the Warthogs while having less power per shot. It could also hover, turn in a 360 motionless circle, and had boosting abilites. Also the 2 passengers vs 1 for a warthog. It was as much of a unique vehicle compared to the warthog as the Wraith is compared to the Scorpion.
>
> My bad.
>
> It was a copy/paste/reskin job.
>
> It serves the same functionality in the sandbox as the Warthog.

The spectre and the prowler were base raider vehicles where half a BTB team could raid the enemy base and grab the objective if they wished where as the warthog isnt a base raider and more like a counter to the other teams warthogs I.E covering the team backsides in an assault

> I’d much rather see the Revenant come back than the Spectre.
>
> Covie vehicles are traditionally single-pilot, while UNSC vehicles are traditionally teamwork oriented. The only vehicles that have ever gone against this have been the Scorpion, Mantis, Hornet, Spectre, and Prowler.
>
> Not to mention the Revenant was relatively unique compared to the Spectre.
>
> A couple of other changes I’d love to <mark>see, is the Scorpion require a Driver (who controls the machinegun) and a Gunner to control the main cannon.</mark> As well as the Wraith’s turret being either completely removed, or replaced with turrets the main pilot can use, similar to Halo 2’s Campaign Wraiths when an AI was piloting it.
>
> If a UNSC Aircraft resurfaces, I’d rather see the Falcon than the Hornet. It’s controls were much better, and the teamwork theme of it was nice.

Wouldnt work or make sense since the driver uses the main cannon as the point of view whilst driving and having someone else control it would be way to different to the past games and people would argue over whos going to have to drive and gun even more than the warthog at times

Why are people arguing about this?
Bring both back.
Halo 3 had many vehicles that were very similar to each other, or different versions.
Warthogs = Prowler
Hornet = Light Hornet
Ghost = Chopper

> Why are people arguing about this?
> Bring both back.
> Halo 3 had many vehicles that were very similar to each other, or different versions.
> Warthogs = Prowler
> Hornet = Light Hornet
> Ghost = Chopper

This also makes the maps look a bit more unique with a spectre or prowler being spawned over the genric warthog

> > Why are people arguing about this?
> > Bring both back.
> > Halo 3 had many vehicles that were very similar to each other, or different versions.
> > Warthogs = Prowler
> > Hornet = Light Hornet
> > Ghost = Chopper
>
> This also makes the maps look a bit more unique with a spectre or prowler being spawned over the genric warthog

Exactly as I said if their was a covenant map with their technology everywhere having a warthog would look werid. I like the specter better than the warthog.