Spectator mode for Halo 4!

Epic Games did this for Gears of War 3.

> One player on each team can choose to spectate before the match begins. The change was designed with gaming leagues in mind.

Counter-Strike for the PC has this as well, along with many other games.

They way I envision it, it’s very simple. Let’s say you’re playing a 4v4 match. 4 players switch to the Red team, 4 players Blue and then the 9th player switches to the Spectator team (grey). Once the match starts, the spectator can switch between every players first person point of view.

I think this would be a great addition to the spectator aspect of Halo. Halo 3 brought us Theatre, Halo 4 needs Spectator Mode.

Yehhhh, this would be awesome, wouldn’t work in Matchmaking obviously but great idea for customs. I always used to hate it when I would have a 1v1 with my friend, and someone else would join and watch, but would always be in the way.

Exactly, this would only be for Custom Games. NOT Matchmaking.

> Epic Games did this for Gears of War 3.
>
> http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Gears-War-3-Title-Update-Adds-Spectator-Mode-37064.html
>
>
>
> > One player on each team can choose to spectate before the match begins. The change was designed with gaming leagues in mind.
>
> Counter-Strike for the PC has this as well, along with many other games.
>
> They way I envision it, it’s very simple. Let’s say you’re playing a 4v4 match. 4 players switch to the Red team, 4 players Blue and then the 9th player switches to the Spectator team (grey). Once the match starts, the spectator can switch between every players first person point of view.
>
> I think this would be a great addition to the spectator aspect of Halo. Halo 3 brought us Theatre, Halo 4 needs Spectator Mode.

I’m all for this. I’d like spectating to be just like Theater mode (without being able to rewind and stuff, of course).

This would be a great addition to Halo.

Spectator mode in custom games would be okay.

A spectator mode would be awesome. I’d love it.

I’d honestly be surprised if they hadn’t planned to implement something like this.

Supported.

Agreed

Only for customs, it could be a great tool for tournaments.

The Counter Strike and GoW spectator systems are from the stoneage compared to Team Fortress 2.

Image if we had all these options for spectarors. Online streams and especially Halo tournaments would benefit by this so much and Halo in general would get new fans because fan made promotial videos would be many times better.

Imagine if we could have these things.

[/li]- General game facts.- How much health each player has left.

• Spawn times.
  • What weapons they have.- Game stats.- Time, weapon and powerup spawn times.
  • When intelligence (flag in halo) returns.
  • Map that shows the location of all players, weapons and equipment.

[/li]- POV’s.- Freecam.- Can go through walls. On/off toggle.

• Variable speed.
  • Option that makes the movement dynamic/smooth automatically.
  • First and third Person view.- Normal player mode.
  • Player models have a shining line around their body in their team colour that can be seen through walls. This makes is easy for the spectator to see what way and what weapon the opponent/teammate has behind a wall.

please put it in

I think this is a great idea.

I like to watch all of the MLG games and I would enjoy watching regular MM games + I think it would be cool for say friend(s) to ‘watch’ each other’s games as they are going on and I can see how this would work rather seemlessly…

‘invite as spectator’, this would take some bandwidth to create a stream sent from a current game but it wouldn’t cause any lag or anything w/in the game and users could just be added to that stream when a request is sent…

I wholeheartedly support this cause.

> The Counter Strike and GoW spectator systems are from the stoneage compared to Team Fortress 2.

I don’t know anything about TF2’s spectator mode. What are some of the major differences? I just think even a basic spectator mode would do Halo wonders.

well i think you should be able to “pop in” to any match, and watch the game, but not have a physical form. you can fly around, switch from player to player, just like Theater, but the others cant see you, and you cant be in the way.

Definitely worth adding. Can’t let it interfere with matches, though.

Completely different game, but, MvC3 accomplishes this by using a second host for spectator mode; I’m unsure if this method would be possible with Halo.

> Yehhhh, this would be awesome, wouldn’t work in Matchmaking obviously but great idea for customs. I always used to hate it when I would have a 1v1 with my friend, and someone else would join and watch, but would always be in the way.

I’m kind of on the fence about this, which when it comes to most Halo 4 ideas, isn’t common.
I don’t see the point in this because of the fact that we have this thing called Theater mode.
BUT!
I do see a use for spectator mode in custom games, machinima. A friend of mine is trying to work out a way to do a live machinima recording shoot, but he needs a way to have a camera that is free of gravity, with out the whiny sound that forge mode makes.

If there is a spectator mode in Halo 4, I much rather see it in custom games only, not match making, in match making it’d take away from the game, and people wouldn’t play the game, but sit there and watch.
But like I said I’m on the fence about this idea, so I wont cry if it doesn’t come to pass.

> Epic Games did this for Gears of War 3.
>
> http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Gears-War-3-Title-Update-Adds-Spectator-Mode-37064.html
>
>
>
> > One player on each team can choose to spectate before the match begins. The change was designed with gaming leagues in mind.
>
> Counter-Strike for the PC has this as well, along with many other games.
>
> They way I envision it, it’s very simple. Let’s say you’re playing a 4v4 match. 4 players switch to the Red team, 4 players Blue and then the 9th player switches to the Spectator team (grey). Once the match starts, the spectator can switch between every players first person point of view.
>
> I think this would be a great addition to the spectator aspect of Halo. Halo 3 brought us Theatre, Halo 4 needs Spectator Mode.

you know been an spectator in a match, you learn every hiding secret place players are and where there are and stuff, for that we already have a goddam Zeus Theater.

Why not in Matchmaking? You could watch your teammates game and then join them when it’s over.