Specific Matchmaking for certain Game & Game type

Ok my issues so far that NEED to be addressed are…

Also I’m sure the rest of the community feels the same way,

• We need Specific Matchmaking lobby’s per game title and set playlists for each game as well.

• For Example: Halo CE along with 2,3,4 all need separate “find game” lobby’s in which to choose a game type from and not have the game and gametype selected by a vote.

• This brings up the issue of wanting to play what you want and not what others may want, If I bought the game to play halo 2 exclusively then that should be my choice not a vote on which game and game type to play

• If I would like to play Halo 2: Swat, then I should have the choice to select Halo 2 and then the game type to play in this case Swat and then it should begin finding a match for that Game and game type.

other then that the games look beautiful :slight_smile: we just need better online selection menus per title

everyone in the community agree?

> 2533274793136453;1:
> Ok my issues so far that NEED to be addressed are…
>
> Also I’m sure the rest of the community feels the same way,
>
> • We need Specific Matchmaking lobby’s per game title and set playlists for each game as well.
>
> • For Example: Halo CE along with 2,3,4 all need separate “find game” lobby’s in which to choose a game type from and not have the game and gametype selected by a vote.
>
> • This brings up the issue of wanting to play what you want and not what others may want, If I bought the game to play halo 2 exclusively then that should be my choice not a vote on which game and game type to play
>
> • If I would like to play Halo 2: Swat, then I should have the choice to select Halo 2 and then the game type to play in this case Swat and then it should begin finding a match for that Game and game type.
>
> other then that the games look beautiful :slight_smile: we just need better online selection menus per title
>
> everyone in the community agree?

To be honest, this how I thought the game would have been launched instead of… what it turned out to be. That said, I want this more then anything!

That being said, the reason why they did what they did is because people would play one game and one game only but there are 4 amazing games to choose from. Meaning, everyone gets a little something something and no one has to be “left behind” type thing.

If this game had the following 5 main lobby branches:

Halo CEA
Halo 2 classic
Halo 2 anniversary
Halo 3
Halo 4;

With each containing the following 12 (hardly all encompassing) play lists:

Slayer
Capture the flag
King of the hill
Swat
Bomb variety
Zombie variety
Free for all
Doubles
Big team battle
Race
Griffball
Snipers;

You would end up requiring 1,500,000 simultaneously active players to maintain a healthy player rotation of 25,000 players on each play list.

Consider that by the 2nd month of Halo 4’s release there was less than 300,000 players.

It’s a good thing to have random choice/votable game types in a smaller number of lobbies, considering the vast amount of content available in this one hub that ties together 5 games. Else you’d end up being one of only 100 people in the lobby you love, and who’s to say if their would be a good connection in that small pool of players.

Yeah and from a developer standpoint, I do definitely understand the server issues and the “perks” of having them all together like they currently are…

But…

it just should not be this way period! Also from a marketing majors standpoint you will have more people trading it in and selling it, rather than buying it if this “Vote” system is to continue as prolly 75-90% of people don’t want that format they want to choose by game.

My only problem with this is that it is already way to hard to find a match.
I swear the lobbies are completely dead. Its like I am the only person looking for a game no matter what game type I go to.

You probably want to make your own thread for whatever issue you’re having.