Specializations only after reaching top rank?

I’ve noticed in a few threads about the specializations, people have been saying that you get specializations only after reaching the max rank. Where is this info coming from? Is there an article that someone can link to that mentions that? I haven’t seen anything about them being available only after reaching a certain point in multiplayer.

In fact, the IGN article mentions this when talking about the Pioneer specialization:

We can’t imagine anyone not starting out by spending a lot of time as a Pioneer, and not just because it’s the only other Specialization that everyone will have access to on November 6. Simply, the Pioneer’s Fast Track mod nets you experience points towards the next level at a higher rate, bringing you closer to your high-level goals.”

I bolded the two parts in the article that seem to indicate that you will have access to the specializations from the very beginning. I’m just curious to why everyone thinks these are only available at max rank.

I was confused at first too, but it’s just IGN’s wording. David Ellis confirmed that they won’t be usable until you get to the final rank.

Maybe those 2 are available before, but during one of their panels(sorry I forgot which one) they said that you would have to reach max level first.

This probably doesn’t help you though.

Read this. The quotes at the bottom are from 343 employee David Ellis. He confirms that specializations can only be access once a player hits the max level of 50. However, there will be other armor sets, tactical and support packages, etc to unlock before you hit level 50.

You’re basically making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Follow this link. My thread explains this in detail and provides a link to the Examiner article featuring quotes from David Ellis. IGN’s wording completely threw everybody off and caused a massive forum frenzy for absolutely no reason.

Wow. It will probably take a long while to get to level 50 before we start unlocking goodies then.

> Follow this link. My thread explains this in detail and provides a link to the Examiner article featuring quotes from David Ellis. IGN’s wording completely threw everybody off and caused a massive forum frenzy for absolutely no reason.

Thanks for the link.

I’m just wondering then, what is the usefulness of the Pioneer’s mod? If you already are at the max level, then why would the ability to level up quicker be of any use?

> I’m just wondering then, what is the usefulness of the Pioneer’s mod? If you already are at the max level, then why would the ability to level up quicker be of any use?

Because specializations basically raise the level cap. Selecting your first specialization adds 10 additional levels to the original 50. Technically, there are 130 levels in Halo 4. 50 basic levels, and 80 specialization levels.

Specializations are abilities you earn that are designated as either tactical or support packages. So if you complete the Pioneer specialization first, you will always have access to its XP package.

Once you earn the XP package, you can use this package consistently to progress faster through the other 7 specializations if you so chose.

> > I’m just wondering then, what is the usefulness of the Pioneer’s mod? If you already are at the max level, then why would the ability to level up quicker be of any use?
>
> Because specializations basically raise the level cap. Selecting your first specialization adds 10 additional levels to the original 50. Technically, there are 130 levels in Halo 4. 50 basic levels, and 80 specialization levels.
>
> Specializations are abilities you earn that are designated as either tactical or support packages. So if you complete the Pioneer specialization first, you will always have access to its XP package.
>
> Once you earn the XP package, you can use this package consistently to progress faster through the other 7 specializations if you so chose.

there are prob 100 spec levels, david ellis mentioned 10 specs, 2 unannounced

> > > I’m just wondering then, what is the usefulness of the Pioneer’s mod? If you already are at the max level, then why would the ability to level up quicker be of any use?
> >
> > Because specializations basically raise the level cap. Selecting your first specialization adds 10 additional levels to the original 50. Technically, there are 130 levels in Halo 4. 50 basic levels, and 80 specialization levels.
> >
> > Specializations are abilities you earn that are designated as either tactical or support packages. So if you complete the Pioneer specialization first, you will always have access to its XP package.
> >
> > Once you earn the XP package, you can use this package consistently to progress faster through the other 7 specializations if you so chose.
>
> there are prob 100 spec levels, david ellis mentioned 10 specs, 2 unannounced

Link?? sounds good if true

Yes, there are going to be 10 specializations total. I just hope its not as much of a hassle to get to the max level like it was in Reach :stuck_out_tongue: Rediculous. Thing is though, why give the LE buyers “early access” if its going to take them just as long to get to level 50? Kinda seems that “benefit” of LE is out the window…

> Thing is though, why give the LE buyers “early access” if its going to take them just as long to get to level 50? Kinda seems that “benefit” of LE is out the window…

Say a LE player and a regular edition player reach level 50 at the same time. The regular edition player can only enlist in one of two specializations: Wetworks or Pioneer. The LE player has access to 8 specializations and can chose to enlist into whatever he chooses.

This is the advantage of the LE. People who buy it will be able to specialize exactly how they want to faster. They have more options. Additionally, they have early access to the armor sets and weapon skins that come with those six specializations.

So while a regular edition player is running around in Pioneer armor, an LE player could be running around in a set of Operator armor.