Specializations, level ups.

Greetings everyone! Right now I am a 40 in Halo 4, and only 10 levels away from being level 50 at which I can pick a new specialization! So I was wondering if any you are doing a specialization right now, and how does it work? I’ve been pretty curious about it.
Also where are you guys at in leveling up and such? Any exciting things to unlock?

I’m at 40 too. Can’t wait to unlock EOD at 45 and the black visor at 46!

All you need to know about Specializations

sR42. I’ve had my eye some helmets; that’s about it.

> I’m at 40 too. Can’t wait to unlock EOD at 45 and the black visor at 46!

Really? I saw someone who was 17 and had a black visor on their oceanic helmet (guess the helmet he got from pre-order)

Seeing as I’ve hit Wetwork, I’ll just make a general post to help you out.

Okay, well, unless you bought the LE, for now you can only choose between Operator (vehicle health regen/durability) and Wetwork (assassination speed, stealthy footsteps, and less visibility on promethean vision).

That being said, when you hit SR 50, you’re done with Spartan IV. You don’t have to fill the xp bar for level 50. As soon as you finish 49, it’s done. You are given a popup that says to go specialize.

You go to the war games lobby or wherever you want to access your spartan hub, and you go to specializations. Pick one, bam. Simple as that. The name under your spartan card changes from Spartan IV to your specialization, you snag a few new -Yoink- emblems, and a new armor set corresponding to your specialization appears in your armory.

The catch is, though, that you unlock one piece of armor/emblem per level. No more “level 41 gives me full Orbital!”. You unlock your specialization piece by piece.

The levels start out with a low amount of xp to level up (I think like, 11k for the first level) but it begins to jump harshly around SR 53.

At SR 60, you get your specializations power. IE for WetWork, at 60 you get the Stealth mod for your classes. It takes up the second armor slot in your loadouts.

Oh, and you get a pretty badass weapon skin at SR 55. Just saiyan.

> Seeing as I’ve hit Wetwork, I’ll just make a general post to help you out.
>
> Okay, well, unless you bought the LE, for now you can only choose between Operator (vehicle health regen/durability) and Wetwork (assassination speed, stealthy footsteps, and less visibility on promethean vision).
>
> That being said, when you hit SR 50, you’re done with Spartan IV. You don’t have to fill the xp bar for level 50. As soon as you finish 49, it’s done. You are given a popup that says to go specialize.
>
> You go to the war games lobby or wherever you want to access your spartan hub, and you go to specializations. Pick one, bam. Simple as that. The name under your spartan card changes from Spartan IV to your specialization, you snag a few new Yoink! emblems, and a new armor set corresponding to your specialization appears in your armory.
>
> The catch is, though, that you unlock one piece of armor/emblem per level. No more “level 41 gives me full Orbital!”. You unlock your specialization piece by piece.
>
> The levels start out with a low amount of xp to level up (I think like, 11k for the first level) but it begins to jump harshly around SR 53.
>
> At SR 60, you get your specializations power. IE for WetWork, at 60 you get the Stealth mod for your classes. It takes up the second armor slot in your loadouts.
>
> Oh, and you get a pretty badass weapon skin at SR 55. Just saiyan.

FINALLY someone just sitting down and explaining it fully, I’ve been looking at Rogue as my first choice, I’m at 46 now so it won’t be long.

> Seeing as I’ve hit Wetwork, I’ll just make a general post to help you out.
>
> Okay, well, unless you bought the LE, for now you can only choose between Operator (vehicle health regen/durability) and Wetwork (assassination speed, stealthy footsteps, and less visibility on promethean vision).
>
> That being said, when you hit SR 50, you’re done with Spartan IV. You don’t have to fill the xp bar for level 50. As soon as you finish 49, it’s done. You are given a popup that says to go specialize.
>
> You go to the war games lobby or wherever you want to access your spartan hub, and you go to specializations. Pick one, bam. Simple as that. The name under your spartan card changes from Spartan IV to your specialization, you snag a few new Yoink! emblems, and a new armor set corresponding to your specialization appears in your armory.
>
> The catch is, though, that you unlock one piece of armor/emblem per level. No more “level 41 gives me full Orbital!”. You unlock your specialization piece by piece.
>
> The levels start out with a low amount of xp to level up (I think like, 11k for the first level) but it begins to jump harshly around SR 53.
>
> At SR 60, you get your specializations power. IE for WetWork, at 60 you get the Stealth mod for your classes. It takes up the second armor slot in your loadouts.
>
> Oh, and you get a pretty badass weapon skin at SR 55. Just saiyan.

Sounds like a lot of work, but thank you! It was really helpful.

Half way through SR59 in Pioneer. It’s going to make all the other’s that much easier. What is it, x1.5 EXP with the mod?

Google is 100x more informative than the 11 year olds on this forum.