Specializations... How do you get them?

Ok… Specializations are cool, but how exactly do you get them? im so confused on how you earn them and unlock them. Can someone please elaborate?!

Once you reach max level, you get to choose from 10 sets of additional rank sets. Each of these will contain 10 levels to progress through. With each of these Specializations, you will receive Armor and other aesthetic items for the first 9 levels, then a player-modifying trait on the 10th. When you finish the 10th level of a Specialization, you may choose another.

For limited edition players, you have access to all 10 the moment Specializations become available. For everyone else, you have 2 to start with.

> Once you reach max level, you get to choose from 10 sets of additional rank sets. Each of these will contain 10 levels to progress through. With each of these Specializations, you will receive Armor and other aesthetic items for the first 9 levels, then a player-modifying trait on the 10th. When you finish the 10th level of a Specialization, you may choose another.
>
> For limited edition players, you have access to all 10 the moment Specializations become available. For everyone else, you have 2 to start with.

ok, let me get this straight. So by starting out with them, do you get everything in their sets (armour, modify-trait,etc), or do you get to start to progress through the specialization from day one rather than have to wait until they reach max rank? and thanks

I’m really glad the Bulletin tomorrow is about Specializations, because they are confusing me right now.

> Once you reach max level, you get to choose from 10 sets of additional rank sets. Each of these will contain 10 levels to progress through. With each of these Specializations, you will receive Armor and other aesthetic items for the first 9 levels, then a player-modifying trait on the 10th. When you finish the 10th level of a Specialization, you may choose another.
>
> For limited edition players, you have access to all 10 the moment Specializations become available. For everyone else, you have 2 to start with.

-Yoink-, that’s confusing!

> I’m really glad the Bulletin tomorrow is about Specializations, because they are confusing me right now.

same here man…

Im thinking its like Battlefield’s class thing. You have to rank up each class to a max point then you get all the armor stuff that WILL AFFECT the gameplay. Thats what im getting out of it.

343 just wants you to buy limited edition.

Reach Max Level, then you’ll get to choose from 2 specializations: Wetworks, Pioneer, unless you have the LE then you get all 8 to choose from: Wetworks, Pioneer, Engineer, Tracker, Rouge, Stalker, Pathfinder, Operator.

Those have 10 addition ranks, once completed you get the addition “perk” that IGN talks about.

> Reach Max Level, then you’ll get to choose from 2 specializations: Wetworks, Pioneer, unless you have the LE then you get all 8 to choose from: Wetworks, Pioneer, Engineer, Tracker, Rouge, Stalker, Pathfinder, Operator.
>
> Those have 10 addition ranks, once completed you get the addition “perk” that IGN talks about.

but you can earn them all eventually right? isnt there something called re-enlisting?

I’m confused. If the levels are rank icons and the specializations add more, then are there more rank icons? Or do we keep our max rank icon? Cause the LE users like myself can choose any specialization once we reach max rank. If there’s a particular order they unlock in I will end up being a different final rank than everyone else? What if I don’t like the icon as much as another one ? Or is it a number?? Maybe we keep our max rank and get a number for specializations. Idk. Hopefully this will be explained in the bulletin.

It’s simple. Hit max level, re enlist under one of the 2 (8 if you own LE) specialization banches. In your specialization you recieve access to 10 additional levels granting you a reward at each these rewards are unique Shoulders, helmet, chest piece, forearms, leg armor, visor, armor skin, weapon skin, emblem, and at your tenth rank your new special ingame perk.

> I’m confused. If the levels are rank icons and the specializations add more, then are there more rank icons? Or do we keep our max rank icon? Cause the LE users like myself can choose any specialization once we reach max rank. If there’s a particular order they unlock in I will end up being a different final rank than everyone else? What if I don’t like the icon as much as another one ? Or is it a number?? Maybe we keep our max rank and get a number for specializations. Idk. Hopefully this will be explained in the bulletin.

i think you re-enlist (like prestiging in COD, but you keep everything you bought and unlocked)

I wonder how hard it is to reach max level?

> I wonder how hard it is to reach max level?

…im thinking maybe a month-two months for the average player. 2 weeks for a hardcore one.

Okay, I think I figured it out. But I could be wrong, we’ll probably know when the Bulletin is released.

You can use the specializations available to you as soon as you get the game. But, you then must use each specialization a certain amount of time in order to rank it up and get access to the stuff that comes with that specialization as you rank up. Once you reach the top rank for that specialization you get the armor mod that comes with it. Then you can do the same to the rest of the specializations available to you.