Special units per leader

Am I the only one that’s annoyed at the fact that the leaders don’t have special units, heroes aside?

Example being, cutter had odst upgrades in hw1, made marines fierce enemy for end game.
Anders had hawks, she currently has sentinels, but meh.
Forge has his grizzlies, but not as an upgrade.

Just so much lacking from what made the first one stand out, aside from units in hw2 don’t seem to be as impact full late game, like hw1, especially low tier unlock units.

Just my rant, and suggestion, kinda makes things boring when you can’t run foot troops end game and have it be effective in the least.(foot troops are an example)

Know what you mean… I miss my Hawk

I agree, however at least they did not get rid of all of them eg Forge only gets grizzlies its not an upgrade anymore (his last ability is my favourite deploying 3 veteran grizzlies for 33 pop.) Cutter still has ODST’s however I am happy that we still have marines (as marines repair bases and vehicles when fully upgraded and have rockets when ODST’s don’t). I do miss the Hawk but Anders can deploy her own sentinels now and lots of them too (Kodiak releasing 2 sentinels per shot when upgraded).

I do miss the HW1 and how I use to play it but I like the new way now in HW2.

> 2533274875841170;3:
> I agree, however at least they did not get rid of all of them eg Forge only gets grizzlies its not an upgrade anymore (his last ability is my favourite deploying 3 veteran grizzlies for 33 pop.) Cutter still has ODST’s however I am happy that we still have marines (as marines repair bases and vehicles when fully upgraded and have rockets when ODST’s don’t). I do miss the Hawk but Anders can deploy her own sentinels now and lots of them too (Kodiak releasing 2 sentinels per shot when upgraded).
>
> I do miss the HW1 and how I use to play it but I like the new way now in HW2.

I can’t disagree entirely, but the way some of the units feel as well as leader selected, just doesn’t quite fit 100%.
Ya cutter has his odst call in ability, which he should, but his marine should be odst instead of marines, type thing. Generic marines more so only seem to serve purpose for being anti air vs sentinels, nightingale and w.e the other unsc is, drawing blank atm. Instead of them being fully versatile during all tiers of game play. Ya they can heal machines and bases, but that’s what the old cyclops did. Just kinda depressing that they took medic away from marines, even if they made fill their own hp to 50%
Either way, lack of diversity in units between leaders makes choosing a leader almost pointless vs hw1, with exception of leader abilities, that do and don’t support their role.

I do agree!

> 2533274861263132;2:
> Know what you mean… I miss my Hawk

+1

I miss the Hawk but that was OP af. xD They technically do still have special units. I believe they arent so in your face as they were in Halo Wars 1 for balancing purposes and to keep the strategy prediction Minimal. If you were anders I most definately knew what you were going to do… but now… I cant garantee why you are picking forge or anders.

On the one hand, I miss the unique units. Yet they too still exist in some ways. Anders has multiple different sentienel builds, including the mighty Sentinel Retriever. Forge has Grizzly. Cutter has ODST. Decimus has Decimus in addition to the War Chief. I’m not sure Isabel, Shipmaster or Atriox have unique units (well, Shipmaster can build ghosts, but not sure that counts, exactly) beyond the war leaders, but their leader powers are interesting. Overall, the emphasis is on the different leader powers, and that makes playing each leader unique.

Don’t know about you guys, but I’m looking forward to seeing what they do with new leaders…