Spawnkilling/farming ruins Warzone? Solution?

Original post on Team Beyond

As many may have seen, heard or been a part of. There are currently quite a few Warzone Squads running around that are trying to make the game as bad as possible for everyone that has to be in the other team. While I have no problem that people run in big groups together and I even do it myself here and then, I think it is not ok to ruin the game for others on purpose. I am talking about the Squads that are miles better and more organized than their random opponents, yet refuse to destroy the core and spawnkill the enemy team with all kinds of high REQs for as long as possible. It is an awful and unnecessary experience for the mostly casual/social players in the other team.

Warzone is the only social playlist that casuals have at the moment in Halo 5 and matching up against such Squads only leads to people leaving, quitting and getting frustrated.

Solution:
I think a simple solution to this problem would be, if you put a one sided Energy Shield in front of the pelican landepats in the back of the Warzone Homebases. These shields would only get activated when the enemy controls all three bases and the front shields of the Home Base opens up. Now people can of course still fight back, try to defend the core or go for one of the outside bases. But instead of getting spawn killed into oblivion, you could spawn at the pats behind the shields where you are save. The enemy team can destroy the core like usual but not kill the people behind the shields. The people that want to farm/spawnkill can only watch the enemy team behind the shields and will probably get bored and just blow up the core.

We had something similar in Reach already and I think this is the fairest solution for everyone involved. Let me know what you think and let 343i know about it.

(idea by I Crysis I)

Seems reasonable enough, and not too hard to create.

The solution is more simple than that. Limit in game parties to just 4 players. EA was smart to limit parties to just 2 people. In doing so it levels the playing field for EVERYBODY. as it currently stands. the game caters to the hardcore players which I highly doubt is the majority. But they are ruining matches for the majority. What they are doing is and will run off the casual players.

If your being spawn killed in your core then what were you doing the entire game? Letting the enemy capture everything?

What at is stopping you from getting a banshee and spawn killing them? Or taking an armory?

Frankly if you are getting spawned killed, then your team either got out played or your team let them spawn kill you.

> 2533274825101441;3:
> The solution is more simple than that. Limit in game parties to just 4 players. EA was smart to limit parties to just 2 people. In doing so it levels the playing field for EVERYBODY. as it currently stands. the game caters to the hardcore players which I highly doubt is the majority. But they are ruining matches for the majority. What they are doing is and will run off the casual players.

You really can’t do that. They advertised 12 man fire teams for Warzone. That would cause an outrage if it was reduced to a maximum of 4 people, because people do play in 12 man teams that don’t abuse the system. This suggested solution allows people to keep playing they way they are playing, but it provides a fail-safe for the atrocious party restrictions in this game.

> 2533274909139271;4:
> If your being spawn killed in your core then what were you doing the entire game? Letting the enemy capture everything?
>
> What at is stopping you from getting a banshee and spawn killing them? Or taking an armory?
>
> Frankly if you are getting spawned killed, then your team either got out played or your team let them spawn kill you.

Your reasoning would be sound if there were party restrictions in this game. If 12 man teams played other 12 man teams consistently, then yes, your argument is valid. But these games are a team of 12 facing a team of randoms, with zero communication. It was doomed from the start. There is no way that team has any chance and of course your team will be out played. It’s a coordinated 12 person team with open communication versus randoms who are casually playing Warzone.

> 2533274800383882;5:
> > 2533274825101441;3:
> > The solution is more simple than that. Limit in game parties to just 4 players. EA was smart to limit parties to just 2 people. In doing so it levels the playing field for EVERYBODY. as it currently stands. the game caters to the hardcore players which I highly doubt is the majority. But they are ruining matches for the majority. What they are doing is and will run off the casual players.
>
>
> You really can’t do that. They advertised 12 man fire teams for Warzone. That would cause an outrage if it was reduced to a maximum of 4 people, because people do play in 12 man teams that don’t abuse the system. This suggested solution allows people to keep playing they way they are playing, but it provides a fail-safe for the atrocious part restrictions in this game.

Or 5, or 6 player fireteams. Sometimes you just have too many for Arena but don’t wanna play BTB.

> 2533274909139271;4:
> If your being spawn killed in your core then what were you doing the entire game? Letting the enemy capture everything?
>
> What at is stopping you from getting a banshee and spawn killing them? Or taking an armory?
>
> Frankly if you are getting spawned killed, then your team either got out played or your team let them spawn kill you.

This entire post is complete ignorance.

They didn’t ‘let’ anyone capture anything. A squad of randoms faced a coordinated team of 12. Even mildly skilled players working together can own a group of randoms.
Perhaps they didnt reach a REQ level to spawn a Banshee. And don’t you think a team of 12 working together wouldnt blow a vehicle up the second it hit the field?

I don’t think anyone is arguing the last point. What’s being discussed here is a lack of sportsmanship on the part of the team doing the dominating. Something that is increasingly becoming an issue and driving players away from the game.

> 2533274818521550;1:
>
> Solution:
> I think a simple solution to this problem would be, if you put a one sided Energy Shield in front of the pelican landepats in the back of the Warzone Homebases. These shields would only get activated when the enemy controls all three bases and the front shields of the Home Base opens up. Now people can of course still fight back, try to defend the core or go for one of the outside bases. But instead of getting spawn killed into oblivion, you could spawn at the pats behind the shields where you are save. The enemy team can destroy the core like usual but not kill the people behind the shields. The people that want to farm/spawnkill can only watch the enemy team behind the shields and will probably get bored and just blow up the core.
> We had something similar in Reach already and I think this is the fairest solution for everyone involved. Let me know what you think and let 343i know about it.
>
> (idea by I Crysis I)

Its a good solution, but I believe I have a better idea. If they somehow implemented a mercy rule into Warzone, it would only allow a team to spawn kill for a short period. I’d say if a team is down by 400-500, then they should loss by a mercy rule.

> 2533274796457055;7:
> > 2533274800383882;5:
> > > 2533274825101441;3:
> > > The solution is more simple than that. Limit in game parties to just 4 players. EA was smart to limit parties to just 2 people. In doing so it levels the playing field for EVERYBODY. as it currently stands. the game caters to the hardcore players which I highly doubt is the majority. But they are ruining matches for the majority. What they are doing is and will run off the casual players.
> >
> >
> > You really can’t do that. They advertised 12 man fire teams for Warzone. That would cause an outrage if it was reduced to a maximum of 4 people, because people do play in 12 man teams that don’t abuse the system. This suggested solution allows people to keep playing they way they are playing, but it provides a fail-safe for the atrocious part restrictions in this game.
>
>
> Or 5, or 6 player fireteams. Sometimes you just have too many for Arena but don’t wanna play BTB.

Ain’t that the truth! And that 5 or 6 players just like to ride in a Scout hog with a shotgun in the passenger seat!

> 2533274800383882;10:
> > 2533274796457055;7:
> > > 2533274800383882;5:
> > > > 2533274825101441;3:
> > > > The solution is more simple than that. Limit in game parties to just 4 players. EA was smart to limit parties to just 2 people. In doing so it levels the playing field for EVERYBODY. as it currently stands. the game caters to the hardcore players which I highly doubt is the majority. But they are ruining matches for the majority. What they are doing is and will run off the casual players.
> > >
> > >
> > > You really can’t do that. They advertised 12 man fire teams for Warzone. That would cause an outrage if it was reduced to a maximum of 4 people, because people do play in 12 man teams that don’t abuse the system. This suggested solution allows people to keep playing they way they are playing, but it provides a fail-safe for the atrocious part restrictions in this game.
> >
> >
> > Or 5, or 6 player fireteams. Sometimes you just have too many for Arena but don’t wanna play BTB.
>
>
> Ain’t that the truth! And that 5 or 6 players just like to ride in a Scout hog with a shotgun in the passenger seat!

I think we need to up the ante on that. Needlers or bust.

> 2533274800383882;10:
> > 2533274796457055;7:
> > > > The solution is more simple than that. Limit in game parties to just 4 players. EA was smart to limit parties to just 2 people. In doing so it levels the playing field for EVERYBODY. as it currently stands. the game caters to the hardcore players which I highly doubt is the majority. But they are ruining matches for the majority. What they are doing is and will run off the casual players.
> > >
> > >
> > > You really can’t do that. They advertised 12 man fire teams for Warzone. That would cause an outrage if it was reduced to a maximum of 4 people, because people do play in 12 man teams that don’t abuse the system. This suggested solution allows people to keep playing they way they are playing, but it provides a fail-safe for the atrocious part restrictions in this game.
> >
> >
> > Or 5, or 6 player fireteams. Sometimes you just have too many for Arena but don’t wanna play BTB.
>
>
> Ain’t that the truth! And that 5 or 6 players just like to ride in a Scout hog with a shotgun in the passenger seat!

If only they you could call in a Troup Hog, then all of your buddies can ride along with shotguns (I think a great idea for an ONI Troop Hog would be infinite ammo to all passengers while in the ONI Troop Hog)

> 2533274802862198;12:
> > 2533274800383882;10:
> > > 2533274796457055;7:
> > > > 2533274800383882;5:
> > > > > 2533274825101441;3:
> > > > > The solution is more simple than that. Limit in game parties to just 4 players. EA was smart to limit parties to just 2 people. In doing so it levels the playing field for EVERYBODY. as it currently stands. the game caters to the hardcore players which I highly doubt is the majority. But they are ruining matches for the majority. What they are doing is and will run off the casual players.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > You really can’t do that. They advertised 12 man fire teams for Warzone. That would cause an outrage if it was reduced to a maximum of 4 people, because people do play in 12 man teams that don’t abuse the system. This suggested solution allows people to keep playing they way they are playing, but it provides a fail-safe for the atrocious part restrictions in this game.
> > >
> > >
> > > Or 5, or 6 player fireteams. Sometimes you just have too many for Arena but don’t wanna play BTB.
> >
> >
> > Ain’t that the truth! And that 5 or 6 players just like to ride in a Scout hog with a shotgun in the passenger seat!
>
>
> If only they you could call in a Troup Hog, then all of your buddies can ride along with shotguns (I think a great idea for an ONI Troop Hog would be infinite ammo to all passengers while in the ONI Troop Hog)

Omggggg. Yes. Please!!!

> 2533274800383882;10:
> > 2533274796457055;7:
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>

6 would still be a lot better than what we have. tye other option would be to create a 12 member team gametype. teams with 12 could only play that gametype. i personally don’t see these 12 member teams abusing the system. They are doing what was advertised. what 343 failed to think about is the current situation of 12 member teams utterly destroying randoms. This the result of unforeseen circumstances and 343s focus on game for hardcore players.

I believe shielded spawns is by far the best idea.

after the 10-minute mark, if you’re down by 400+ points, players on the losing team have the option to vote for a mercy rule forfeit. If 65% of the players on the losing team vote to forfeit, the game ends.

Visually, a little indicator would appear on the screen every 15 seconds - “press and hold to vote for mercy rule forfeit, without penalty.” You could reverse your vote later if something dramatic changed, miraculously.

> 2533274825101441;3:
> The solution is more simple than that. Limit in game parties to just 4 players. EA was smart to limit parties to just 2 people. In doing so it levels the playing field for EVERYBODY. as it currently stands. the game caters to the hardcore players which I highly doubt is the majority. But they are ruining matches for the majority. What they are doing is and will run off the casual players.

This is a great suggestion. I like it and also propose:

I have played close to 1k games of WZ, and was never farmed, until 1 game yesterday, and 10 players quit, I finished the game with 3 players, who may have been JIP. Despite that I do not support a surrender option, or safe zone.
I propose that if over half (50%) the team quits, the game ends, because there is no game. This could be used in Arena as well.

I like that idea, but the very first post on the Team Beyond link is the idea I have in mind: make the incentive winning, not the kill counts, for Achilles. Make the Achilles armor get awarded on victories, not killcounts, and you’ll see people try to finish the games faster through core victories rather than constant stat padding.

> 2533274805497312;18:
> I like that idea, but the very first post on the Team Beyond link is the idea I have in mind: make the incentive winning, not the kill counts, for Achilles. Make the Achilles armor get awarded on victories, not killcounts, and you’ll see people try to finish the games faster through core victories than constant stat padding.

Good one as well!!

but its not canon and ruins my immersion

Kappa