Spawning with the Noob Combo?

I can really see this being a problem once people start realizing the potential that combonation has.

I have heard from BravoMLG that the Plasma Pistol does take slightly longer to get that full charge on it, but I’m also guessing that the regular shot that the pistol has (Which has been useless since Halo: CE) will be beafed up quite a bit to contend with the likes of the Magnum.

Just being able to have the Noob Combo on spawn seems like some bad joo-joo if you ask me.

Thoughts?

> I can really see this being a problem once people start realizing the potential that combonation has.
>
> I have heard from BravoMLG that the Plasma Pistol does take slightly longer to get that full charge on it, but I’m also guessing that the regular shot that the pistol has (Which has been useless since Halo: CE) will be beafed up quite a bit to contend with the likes of the Magnum.
>
> Just being able to have the Noob Combo on spawn seems like some bad joo-joo if you ask me.
>
> Thoughts?

The PP in reach was pretty strong just normal fired.

I heard the tracking is pretty bad in halo 4.
We will have to wait and see.
Or ask Bravo to try and use the noob combo in a game.

Lock-on is dramatically reduced. Might be a useless paintball gun in Halo 4.

> ask Bravo to try and use the noob combo in a game.

You know if he’s going to be at PAX?

> I’m also guessing that the regular shot that the pistol has (Which has been useless since Halo: CE)

Nuts to you! I make players sing the cry of shame whenever I destroy them with just regular PP shots. At medium range too!

In Reach you didn’t even need to charge the pistol. Three shots took out shields and you can shoot it fast. Not as fast as CE though, I freak my friends out with how fast I fire it in Anniversary. And the PP in CE was about as strong as the magnum it just couldn’t get headshots. I’m not overly worried. Most people sporting plasma pistols have to be at almost point blank range to hit me with an overcharge. I don’t exactly like making myself an easy target. A reason I never used nor will use the jetpack.

Why do we call this a noob combo when only more skilled players can use it? It is easy to dodge. First, you hear the energy of the PP, see a giant green ball emulating from the spartan, and you can position yourself to defend it easily.

I always felt a skilled player was only able to use it effectively.

> Why do we call this a noob combo when only more skilled players can use it? It is easy to dodge. First, you hear the energy of the PP, see a giant green ball emulating from the spartan, and you can position yourself to defend it easily.
>
> I always felt a skilled player was only able to use it effectively.

Yeah, in Halo 3 and Reach it was pretty much a rare occurance to see someone use it, but in Halo 2… Man, what a sure fire way too piss people off. It took the average time it takes to kill someone and shortened it to basically how long it took a Overcharge shot from the Plasma Pistol to hit someone. By the time the green blob cam into contact with you, the BR rounds were already going through your cranium.

As people in here are saying, it has lost most of it’s tracking ability.

I would like to see the regular shot actually do some damage unlike most Halo games.

> Why do we call this a noob combo when only more skilled players can use it? It is easy to dodge. First, you hear the energy of the PP, see a giant green ball emulating from the spartan, and you can position yourself to defend it easily.
>

Its quite a contradiction isn’t it?
Bad players dont even try.
Good players swap AR’s for a PP (:

Actually, the homing function on the gun has been reduced. Compared to Halo 2, it looks like it isn’t trying to get to the target unless it’s a foot or so away from it. Kinda like a couch potato can’t bother to grab the remote if it is just beyond an arm’s length away.

You’ll probably be better off just shooting normal shots, unless you catch them by surprise with it. Save the charged shots for vehicles, or Overshielded players. You can watch the vids from ComicCon and RTX to get a good idea how it turned out.

>

In Halo 2, it homed in on targets like flies to bug zappers. It was an insanely overpowered combo back then that Bungie had primarily kept a good chunk of the maps restricted to Human weapons only if I remembered correctly to keep the maps in MM. That’s where the name came from.

Since then, the homing feature has gotten weaker in Halo 3, and more so in Reach. In Halo 4, it’s now being called by some of the guys that played the game as “Telling the Truth”.