Spawning with Boltshot- what do you think

So yeah im not a fan at all its a 1 shot kill 98% of the time and everyone can spawn with it…

It makes the smaller maps very unfun for some it should be tuned down or removed…

What do you think?

It’s fine because it has such a limited timeframe to hold a charge, and the range isn’t anywhere near as long some people claim it is.

> It’s fine because it has such a limited timeframe to hold a charge, and the range isn’t anywhere near as long some people claim it is.

I agree with this.

> It’s fine because it has such a limited timeframe to hold a charge, and the range isn’t anywhere near as long some people claim it is.

It’s range is almost the same as a shotguns.

And it really isn’t hard to learn how to use it effectively…

> > It’s fine because it has such a limited timeframe to hold a charge, and the range isn’t anywhere near as long some people claim it is.
>
> It’s range is almost the same as a shotguns.
>
> And it really isn’t hard to learn how to use it effectively…

Yeah its powerful in the right hands and useless in others

It has range comparable to the human shotgun and the charge is cancel-able with weapon switch so you can be constantly keep it armed before confrontation.

I want it to stay a starting weapon so it doesn’t end up as another weapon that shows up in an Ordinance Drop when I really need something not close range on a BTB map. (Speed Boost/Overshield, Needler, Grenade. Y U SO COMMON?!)

Also, try treating it like a Shotgun and you’ll probably die less to it. At least that works for me.

The only problem I have with it is… what are people that use CQC weapons (automatic weapons) supposed to do?

If they start charging up just less than a second before you start shooting them there is a great chance that you’re dead even though you’re using a weapon in its prime area.

I’ll be blunt with a rule regarding Halo Matchmaking- when you’re playing a regular match (not Swat, Flood or Snipers), you should NEVER spawn with a weapon that can one shot players.

> I’ll be blunt with a rule regarding Halo Matchmaking- when you’re playing a regular match (not Swat, Flood or Snipers), you should NEVER spawn with a weapon that can one shot players.

When was this ever a rule? Is there a rulebook? And anyways the boltshot isn’t even that bad.

Sorry what

It’s an interesting weapon but I tend to engage people at mid range so it isn’t that big an issue.

> > I’ll be blunt with a rule regarding Halo Matchmaking- when you’re playing a regular match (not Swat, Flood or Snipers), you should NEVER spawn with a weapon that can one shot players.
>
> When was this ever a rule? Is there a rulebook? And anyways the boltshot isn’t even that bad.

Let’s not play this “Is there a rulebook?”. Of course there isn’t, but no Halo multiplayer game has ever spawned you with a over powered one shot gun in a regular playlist. It’s cheap and it promotes more camping than before.

The range does seem a bit far on it. I use it in most load outs unless its a vehicle heavy map. Then I go plasma pistol. It’s pretty fun to 1 shot someone with it, but a bit cheap with its range.

I noticed people starting with this more and more… the best advice I can give is just back up. You see the weapon, don’t run towards the person, walk backwards. It’s helped me these last couple of times I’ve run into it.

In all honesty, I think the boltshot is fine as it currently is. It’s kind of unfair for AR users, but the AR can actually somewhat hold its own now.

Still, the majority of the time, I’m more afraid of random incineration cannons, scatterguns, and rockets.

Why not just replace the boltshot with a scattershot? I see no difference they both one shot people at the same range.

It would be fine if it wasn’t glitched.

All I really have to say, is that if I’m running around with a sword, a starter weapon shouldn’t be able to stop me mid-lunge so easily. I say shorten range a little. The only way it should be insta-kill is if you are like touching the other person.

> All I really have to say, is that if I’m running around with a sword, a starter weapon shouldn’t be able to stop me mid-lunge so easily. I say shorten range a little. The only way it should be insta-kill is if you are like touching the other person.

True if the range was less it might be better…

It’s was op at the moment…