Spawn Trapping Needs to be in Halo 4

While Halo 4 has shown many casual elements in play, I am hopeful that H4’s maps allow for spawn trapping and killing to occur. It is essential to making gameplay fast paced as it rewards aggressive players. With the weapon drops/kill streak rewards being added in to H4 power weapons look like they will play even less of a role than they have in previous halos, and even then spawn killing was an important factor to keeping games fast paced.

For those of you who do not understand halo at a competitive level, let me break down why spawn trapping is essential to good gameplay. For an example, let’s use two versions of the same map: Asylum and MLG Sanctuary. Asylum has 4 main spawn areas: Court/Hut, OBJ, Rocks/Car, and opposite court. If players are aggressive on this map and successfully take over the opponents base, they are often punished as the other team spawns opposite court. Because players are not rewarded for being aggressive, games are often extremely slow at the higher levels of arena. Sanc has the same spawns, except it does not have the opposite court spawn available. Because of this players who are aggressive are rewarded by being ale to put pressure on the opposing team as they spawn. Therefore games on Sanc are much faster paced than those on Asylum.

With this concept in mind, please ensure that maps are developed in which teams who are aggressive are rewarded with the opportunity to spawn kill their opponents. Without this feature games become centered around power weapons, rather than fast-paced, team-oriented pushes.

Thanks for your time.

So, Spawn Killing?

God, no!

inb4 “SPAWN TRAPPING RUINS THE GAME”

I agree Cosssta.

People need to learn:
Spawn trapping =/= bad gameplay

Spawns need to be predictable. If they aren’t predictable, people don’t push up. The best teams are always the ones who can control the spawns to their favor.

> So, Spawn Killing?
>
> God, no!

Spawn killing is a the result of a well-executed spawn trap but most spawn traps just force the opponent into a specific area of the map.

The guiding idea here is that players should be punished for dying on their side of the map, rather than rewarded with a spawn behind the aggressors.

Well dude I understand the whole MLG and map control thing but most players really don’t want a game were they can be spawn killed constantly by a team. It becomes less about balance and more about stat padding.

EDIT: plus you got the drop in function in halo 4 which would be horrible to just pop in a game and get punished for just being there even if your a good player. Its just my opinion that’s all.

I agree Cosssta

> > So, Spawn Killing?
> >
> > God, no!
>
> Spawn killing is a the result of a well-executed spawn trap but most spawn traps just force the opponent into a specific area of the map.
>
> The guiding idea here is that players should be punished for dying on their side of the map, rather than rewarded with a spawn behind the aggressors.

It will most likely also result in alot of people quitting…

> Well dude I understand the whole MLG and map control thing but most players really don’t want a game were they can be spawn killed constantly by a team. It becomes less about balance and more about stat padding.

Well hopefully halo 4 has a ranking system which prevents players who are not prepared for this type of play from matching people who can execute at this level. This change wouldn’t affect casuals in the least bit if thy matched other casuals.

Spawn trapping is all well and good for pulling objectives but it still needs to balanced so the other team is able to fight out of a spawn trap.

Paradiso is so easy to spawn trap which is too difficult to break out off but for the most part I agree.

> > > So, Spawn Killing?
> > >
> > > God, no!
> >
> > Spawn killing is a the result of a well-executed spawn trap but most spawn traps just force the opponent into a specific area of the map.
> >
> > The guiding idea here is that players should be punished for dying on their side of the map, rather than rewarded with a spawn behind the aggressors.
>
> It will most likely also result in alot of people quitting…

Like I said in my above post, the wide majority of players won’t see the difference. It only benefits competitive players while casuals are unaffected.

> Spawn trapping is all well and good for pulling objectives but it still needs to balanced so the other team is able to fight out of a spawn trap.
>
> Paradiso is so easy to spawn trap which is too difficult to break out off but for the most part I agree.

That’s more of a vehicle problem than anything else though.

> Spawn trapping is all well and good for pulling objectives but it still needs to balanced so the other team is able to fight out of a spawn trap.
>
> Paradiso is so easy to spawn trap which is too difficult to break out off but for the most part I agree.

This. The spawn system should allow you to accurately predict where your opponents will spawn, but that does not mean it should allow players to spawn in wide open spaces.

> > Well dude I understand the whole MLG and map control thing but most players really don’t want a game were they can be spawn killed constantly by a team. It becomes less about balance and more about stat padding.
>
> Well hopefully halo 4 has a ranking system which prevents players who are not prepared for this type of play from matching people who can execute at this level. This change wouldn’t affect casuals in the least bit if thy matched other casuals.

I just hope that it is mostly focused in the MLG gametype. Because if you drop into an MLG game you should go in knowing that if you have a team of crap randoms and you yourself are not good then you will get spawn trapped and destroyed. Which should be fine like I said I would “like” it to be more in the MLG game. However I am sure it will be in there.

By all means, for MLG-type gameplay, hit her up.

>

banshee

Wanting to have spawn trapping is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

> Wanting to have spawn trapping is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Having people spawn behind you is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

> By all means, for MLG-type gameplay, hit her up.

I personally enjoy playing default halo in a competitive manner, and I would prefer that I wouldn’t be forced to only play MLG. Halo 4’s vanilla settings should be able to play competitively, and if they aren’t than H4 will have a population drop similar to Reach.

Everyone likes fast-paced gameplay so this change benefits everyone.

Boooo!

If I wanna spawn kill like a low life without seeing a team fighting back, I’ll play CoD.

Person: “Come we’ll spawn kill them like newbs of CoD!!!”
Other guy: “Yeah let’s do it, now the other can’t get kills and now we earn points…”

1 Minute later: GAME OVER 50 : 00

Person: “Yayayaya, they couldn’t earn a single kill, I thinkz we are proz!”

Why would anyone want Spawn Killing to return? Why can’t people just get kills like they’re supposed to?