Spawn Entrapment in WarAssault: A Fun-Nulling Flaw

You spawn and die, and you spawn and die. From a succession of grenades and pistols, to battle rifles, to gungeese, and finally power explosives and DMRs. The thing is, IT HASN’T EVEN BEEN 6 MINUTES YET, AND YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE REQ LEVEL 2.

Your team is being spawntrapped, and minus the occasional guy on your team who covertly hides and finds a good weapon dropped somewhere, you’re not making any leeway at all.
You quit in frustration.

Only to find that the majority of the Red Team belonged to a clan, who exploited and abused your spawn area that they controlled the entire game. You however, are not a Halo player. You are cannon fodder with little defense against the endless spray of precision weaponry and endless gungeese. You’re repeatedly teabagged and treated as a K/D point farm.

I understand competitiveness. Whether you play for fun or if you’re a budding competitive player, this is not fun, and the ability to exploit a map from the get-go so effectively completely defeats the purpose of even playing the game.

This is like Halo 2 on Legendary if every enemy was a Jackal Sniper.

yeah this is happening more and more and from what I’ve seen on the post game stats, they all belong to the same Spartan company. I’m not gonna name names for fear of the ban hammer.

this is a really cheap way to pad your stats and work towards company commendations. I NEVER quit games even when it’s 1v4 but today I was so frustrated from literally having grenades explode in my face as soon as I spawn that I had to quit and go to another game. it makes it UNPLAYABLE and not fun anymore. people will say get gud or get a full squad but that doesn’t matter in this case because we are spawn trapped… I’m not saying this company is flat out cheating but it’s a worse exploit than the old assault armory exploit.

Shhh, let people enjoy things.

> 2661949065475413;3:
> Shhh, let people enjoy things.

it’s not enjoyable for normal players though. that’s cool and all that they are that coordinated but this is ridiculous. if they are that coordinated then play the game as designed and at least give people a fighting chance.

> 2533274961579910;4:
> > 2661949065475413;3:
> > Shhh, let people enjoy things.
>
>
> it’s not enjoyable for normal players though. that’s cool and all that they are that coordinated but this is ridiculous. if they are that coordinated then play the game as designed and at least give people a fighting chance.

also these are the same people that will push you back to the core and spawn trap you and just get kills and not even destroy your core. it’s broken and they are exploiting it.

> 2533274961579910;5:
> > 2533274961579910;4:
> > > 2661949065475413;3:
> > > Shhh, let people enjoy things.
> >
> >
> > it’s not enjoyable for normal players though. that’s cool and all that they are that coordinated but this is ridiculous. if they are that coordinated then play the game as designed and at least give people a fighting chance.
>
>
> also these are the same people that will push you back to the core and spawn trap you and just get kills and not even destroy your core. it’s broken and they are exploiting it.

Man, It never fails ppl will never seem to stop spawn killing.This is absolutely ridiculous it’s starting to get under my skin. Now I know why ppl are leaving Halo and moving on to other games. 343 took the social gaming out of Halo and replaced it with Try-Hards, Spawn trappers and Grenade spammers. BRING BACK THE OLD SKOOL Halo!!!

Simple solution, teams vs teams. Randoms vs randoms. It takes 10 extra seconds to find a match, but the majority of people are happy.

Uhhhhh, why is it that most people don’t seem to understand that a casual mode ALLOWS everyone to play. Just because you aren’t as skilled as another doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be allowed to play. Halo 3 had the same “problem”. There will always be players who can wipe the floor in casual modes. It’s nothing new, and Warzone assualt can be A LOT of fun.

> 2533274869022335;8:
> Uhhhhh, why is it that most people don’t seem to understand that a casual mode ALLOWS everyone to play. Just because you aren’t as skilled as another doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be allowed to play. Halo 3 had the same “problem”. There will always be players who can wipe the floor in casual modes. It’s nothing new, and Warzone assualt can be A LOT of fun.

Warzone can be alot of fun but Spawn Trapping takes the fun outta everything

> 2533274880633045;7:
> Simple solution, teams vs teams. Randoms vs randoms. It takes 10 extra seconds to find a match, but the majority of people are happy.

It should be like this everywhere.

> 2533274947515567;9:
> > 2533274869022335;8:
> > Uhhhhh, why is it that most people don’t seem to understand that a casual mode ALLOWS everyone to play. Just because you aren’t as skilled as another doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be allowed to play. Halo 3 had the same “problem”. There will always be players who can wipe the floor in casual modes. It’s nothing new, and Warzone assualt can be A LOT of fun.
>
>
> Warzone can be alot of fun but Spawn Trapping takes the fun outta everything

^exactly. it CAN be, but how is spawning on the platform on summit and literally dying before you can even get close to the ramp that goes up to the fortress because there are a line of people spamming shots and grenades into your spawn, fun? or spawning in the yard outside the garage on urban and not being able to make it to the entrance because the whole team is on the roof spamming your spawn, fun?

> 2533274961579910;11:
> > 2533274947515567;9:
> > > 2533274869022335;8:
> > > Uhhhhh, why is it that most people don’t seem to understand that a casual mode ALLOWS everyone to play. Just because you aren’t as skilled as another doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be allowed to play. Halo 3 had the same “problem”. There will always be players who can wipe the floor in casual modes. It’s nothing new, and Warzone assualt can be A LOT of fun.
> >
> >
> > Warzone can be alot of fun but Spawn Trapping takes the fun outta everything
>
>
> ^exactly. it CAN be, but how is spawning on the platform on summit and literally dying before you can even get close to the ramp that goes up to the fortress because there are a line of people spamming shots and grenades into your spawn, fun? or spawning in the yard outside the garage on urban and not being able to make it to the entrance because the whole team is on the roof spamming your spawn, fun?

So we are all in agreement here? So tell me what this thread is getting done in terms of constructive progress?

> 2533274970658419;10:
> > 2533274880633045;7:
> > Simple solution, teams vs teams. Randoms vs randoms. It takes 10 extra seconds to find a match, but the majority of people are happy.
>
>
> It should be like this everywhere.

I agree. even though I sometimes play with 4 or 5 people so would that system put us against a full team of 12? it would still be broken that way. I honestly don’t have a good idea for a fix this problem.

I’d like to hear from someone at 343 or a moderator to at least know that they are aware of it and working on it.

> 2533274869022335;12:
> > 2533274961579910;11:
> > > 2533274947515567;9:
> > > > 2533274869022335;8:
> > > > Uhhhhh, why is it that most people don’t seem to understand that a casual mode ALLOWS everyone to play. Just because you aren’t as skilled as another doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be allowed to play. Halo 3 had the same “problem”. There will always be players who can wipe the floor in casual modes. It’s nothing new, and Warzone assualt can be A LOT of fun.
> > >
> > >
> > > Warzone can be alot of fun but Spawn Trapping takes the fun outta everything
> >
> >
> > ^exactly. it CAN be, but how is spawning on the platform on summit and literally dying before you can even get close to the ramp that goes up to the fortress because there are a line of people spamming shots and grenades into your spawn, fun? or spawning in the yard outside the garage on urban and not being able to make it to the entrance because the whole team is on the roof spamming your spawn, fun?
>
>
> So we are all in agreement here? So tell me what this thread is getting done in terms of constructive progress?

yes. everyone agrees. as far as progress… we hope a moderator or someone at 343 reads it.

> 2533274869022335;12:
> > 2533274961579910;11:
> > > 2533274947515567;9:
> > > > 2533274869022335;8:
> > > > Uhhhhh, why is it that most people don’t seem to understand that a casual mode ALLOWS everyone to play. Just because you aren’t as skilled as another doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be allowed to play. Halo 3 had the same “problem”. There will always be players who can wipe the floor in casual modes. It’s nothing new, and Warzone assualt can be A LOT of fun.
> > >
> > >
> > > Warzone can be alot of fun but Spawn Trapping takes the fun outta everything
> >
> >
> > ^exactly. it CAN be, but how is spawning on the platform on summit and literally dying before you can even get close to the ramp that goes up to the fortress because there are a line of people spamming shots and grenades into your spawn, fun? or spawning in the yard outside the garage on urban and not being able to make it to the entrance because the whole team is on the roof spamming your spawn, fun?
>
>
> So we are all in agreement here? So tell me what this thread is getting done in terms of constructive progress?

I merely wish to raise awareness that the fact that I can be matched against a clan while playing with a band of friends and getting mopped the floor with
due to exploitation of the spawn areas mind you

is both a dirty and unsporting tactic that takes away the fun of the game
and is an outrage that I can enter a game merely wanting to have fun and having it ruined by instantly dying from grenade/gungoose Hell.

I mean why would anyone continue playing a game where your spawn killed repeatedly and its not swat. That would get annoying and basically would force you to quit because your not even getting the chance to play so why bother continuing. So those who quit run the risk of getting banned because the other team decided to abuse how the games played and ruin the chance to even try fighting back.

Its stuff like this that stopped me playing Warzone for so long. And its just gotten worse now that Achillies is out.

That is no fun. I never found WZA to be fun. It’s pretty much mindless shooting due to the structure you are forced to play in.

> 2533274880633045;7:
> Simple solution, teams vs teams. Randoms vs randoms. It takes 10 extra seconds to find a match, but the majority of people are happy.

I endorse this. They should add a “company background check” and have each team have the same amount of company players and randoms. I will happily wait longer if it means no more grindfests…

My bad breh breh.