spawn campers -.-

i will liken this to AFKing in firefight, which is also wrong. but many people say “it isnt affecting us, or our fun”. in this case it is. spawn killing is a cheap tactic that is generally employed in objective type games, where many people will ignore the objective completely to spawn trap, but claim they are doing it “for the objective”. please do not delude yourselves into ACTUALLY believe this. you only unintentionally help in the long run, but team work was never your main concern, so dont lie to the community saying it is. its not teamwork, its selfishness by statwhores. the ones who win in these situations are the ones actually working toward the objective.

also spawn killing doesnt take skill as many of the guilty claim. they only claim this so people will not turn on them as the ALers, the jetpackers, the AFKers and boosters. i have played and won several objective games where neither the enemy team nor my team had to resort to this strategy. the only thing spawn killing requires is a vehicle or power weapon and walking a few steps. really where is the skill in that? we do that all throughout the game.

point is its cheap and wrong. you and i both know it. to fix this unneccessary problem, when 343 finally does get the ability to, i propose that they do the following:

A) make more spawns on maps to make up for the few spawns being exploited and camped.

B)if the cheap spawn killing continues, if you die enough, or at all, the should be temporary invincibility to kick in, for atleast 5 secs (which is sometimes all you need). now before people start spouting this idea sucks or is unrealistic: it has been in fps’s for a while, as early as DOOM. so it could be realistically implemented here.

C) remove the quit ban completely. if the other team has to be cheap to win why should we suffer? if our team mates have left, why should we pay the price? people say quit if you dont like being spawn killed. but with the quit ban we are left with a tough choice. also make it to where the stats of the game before dont count against you at all ( so its like the game never happened)

D) in objective game types, the credit system (which is a joke already) should be revamped to award credits based on objective based medals ONLY. kill medals wont count, and the performance bonus should be removed, unless you have atleast one objective medal. hopefully this will help promote actually going for the objective, and team work. (regardless of what people may say, team work is not involved in spawn camping. its generally one or two people -Yoink!- power weapons to boost their stats. its not a team effort)

in closing, if i am to believe that spawn killing is truly skillful someone must convince me that playlists like living dead also require skill. a daunting task, seeing as they both involve many of the same standards and principles: helpless, usually just spawned enemies with inferior weapons.

lol no spawncamping is what you get for losing map control

im going to bet you didnt even read it

> lol no spawncamping is what you get for losing map control

lol u didnt read it, just the title

I hate spawn camping either way. If my team does it I hate it. I just sit back and see if the other team can try to get out of that jam. I hate being spawned because well half time I never spawn in a decent area so I can try to go around and help my team mates.

> I hate spawn camping either way. If my team does it I hate it. I just sit back and see if the other team can try to get out of that jam. I hate being spawned because well half time I never spawn in a decent area so I can try to go around and help my team mates.

finally a sensible person commenting on this XD (::slight_smile: here you go :slight_smile: what do you think of my ideas to fix this problem?

if you’re that terrible that you lose control of the map you deserve to be spawn killed.

Livind Dead=/= Spawn trapping in ANY way shape or form. I don’t recall Spawn trappers spawning with anything but what the players who are being trapped spawn with.

If your team gets spawn trapped, its either A: the map is easy to spawn trap or B: your team just sucks compared to the other one which is spawn trapping you.

> I hate spawn camping either way. If my team does it I hate it. I just sit back and see if the other team can try to get out of that jam. I hate being spawned because well half time I never spawn in a decent area so I can try to go around and help my team mates.

Difference between you and I:

I shoot my teammates till their shields are dropped. If your going to run forward on their spawn, I will make you realize you have a GUN and WILL use it properly when playing with me… not by playing a cheap and pathetic card like spawn camping. If its team snipers: drop the shields and watch the raging ten yr old fest begin…

no matter how easy spawn camping is i would never do it. just as digital said, i would just sit back. spawn camping wouldnt be so easy if their were more spawns and a system in place that helped counter it(which i have detailed above on my original post ). halo is the only fps that i know of that has such a big problem with spawn camping. more spawns should help this situation alot. and last i checked it didnt take an entire team to spawn camp, cause everyone else knows whats right and knows how to play the game. its usually a small group of -Yoinks!- hoarding the sniper in an objective game, saying screw the objective i just want kills cause im a selfish -Yoink-. tell me im wrong. and screw map control, cause none of these damn maps are balanced enough, ex. sword base, nuff said.

> halo is the only fps that i know of that has such a big problem with spawn camping.

Oh. Really?
Sir, you must be joking.

You can do whatever you want in-game. Doesn’t matter to me. I don’t typically spawn camp alot, but I’ll do it just to win faster. If they’re really bad enough to where me and my team can camp them, the nI’ll do it just to get the experience over with. I don’t want to play people who are bad, so I might as well do something to make the game end faster.

key words: that i know of. i have played battlefield, cod, and several other fps’s and never had anywhere near as much a problem with such a lame strategy than i have here in halo

> key words: that i know of. i have played battlefield, cod, and several other fps’s and never had anywhere near as much a problem with such a lame strategy than i have here in halo

Play more games. You’ll learn soon enough.

> > halo is the only fps that i know of that has such a big problem with spawn camping.
>
> Oh. Really?
> Sir, you must be joking.
>
>
> You can do whatever you want in-game. Doesn’t matter to me. I don’t typically spawn camp alot, but I’ll do it just to win faster. If they’re really bad enough to where me and my team can camp them, the nI’ll do it just to get the experience over with. I don’t want to play people who are bad, so I might as well do something to make the game end faster.

the second vid is a private match lol

> > > halo is the only fps that i know of that has such a big problem with spawn camping.
> >
> > Oh. Really?
> > Sir, you must be joking.
> >
> >
> > You can do whatever you want in-game. Doesn’t matter to me. I don’t typically spawn camp alot, but I’ll do it just to win faster. If they’re really bad enough to where me and my team can camp them, the nI’ll do it just to get the experience over with. I don’t want to play people who are bad, so I might as well do something to make the game end faster.
>
> the second vid is a private match lol

Yeah, just realized it. I just read the description. I picked that one cause it looked hilarious, but didn’t pay too much attention to it.

> A) make more spawns on maps to make up for the few spawns being exploited and camped.

Ever player involved in a spawn trap can cover a broad general area. Add vehicles into the mix and even more area can always be covered As much as most player refuse to believe it, spawn trapping isn’t as reliant of broken spawns as people think.

> B)if the cheap spawn killing continues, if you die enough, or at all, the should be temporary invincibility to kick in, for atleast 5 secs (which is sometimes all you need). now before people start spouting this idea sucks or is unrealistic: it has been in fps’s for a while, as early as DOOM. so it could be realistically implemented here.

That is absolutely ridiculous. If players aren’t good enough to fight off of their spawn they shouldn’t be bailed out by giving invincibililty to players so they can fight back with no consequence.

> C) remove the quit ban completely. if the other team has to be cheap to win why should we suffer? if our team mates have left, why should we pay the price? people say quit if you dont like being spawn killed. but with the quit ban we are left with a tough choice. also make it to where the stats of the game before dont count against you at all ( so its like the game never happened)

No. If less player quit you wouldn’t be so easy to spawn trap. Then there still always going to be those couple of guys who stay in for the worthless credits.

> D) in objective game types, the credit system (which is a joke already) should be revamped to award credits based on objective based medals ONLY. kill medals wont count, and the performance bonus should be removed, unless you have atleast one objective medal. hopefully this will help promote actually going for the objective, and team work. (regardless of what people may say, team work is not involved in spawn camping. its generally one or two people -Yoink!- power weapons to boost their stats. its not a team effort)

This won’t help either. There are plenty of people who couldn’t care less about a rank that means absolutely nothing and the credits needed to get them.

> > key words: that i know of. i have played battlefield, cod, and several other fps’s and never had anywhere near as much a problem with such a lame strategy than i have here in halo
>
> Play more games. You’ll learn soon enough.

still havent had much problem, and i have all the games you just depicted. i just dont get how anyone can equate camping and spawn trapping with skill and keep a straight face. i just dont see it. however most people are born without that sense of whats right(playing a game fairly) and wrong(spawn trapping) instilled in them. i blame rap XD what ever happened to fairness in competitive activities?

> > > key words: that i know of. i have played battlefield, cod, and several other fps’s and never had anywhere near as much a problem with such a lame strategy than i have here in halo
> >
> > Play more games. You’ll learn soon enough.
>
> still havent had much problem, and i have all the games you just depicted. i just dont get how anyone can equate camping and spawn trapping with skill and keep a straight face. i just dont see it. however most people are born without that sense of whats right(playing a game fairly) and wrong(spawn trapping) instilled in them. i blame rap XD what ever happened to fairness in competitive activities?

Did I ever mention that it took skill? Its easy to do if yo uknow how to do it on the map you’re on. What takes skill is being able to beat the other team back so much that you are capable of spawn killing. Happens alot on long BC2 games.

> > > > key words: that i know of. i have played battlefield, cod, and several other fps’s and never had anywhere near as much a problem with such a lame strategy than i have here in halo
> > >
> > > Play more games. You’ll learn soon enough.
> >
> > still havent had much problem, and i have all the games you just depicted. i just dont get how anyone can equate camping and spawn trapping with skill and keep a straight face. i just dont see it. however most people are born without that sense of whats right(playing a game fairly) and wrong(spawn trapping) instilled in them. i blame rap XD what ever happened to fairness in competitive activities?
>
> Did I ever mention that it took skill? Its easy to do if yo uknow how to do it on the map you’re on. What takes skill is being able to beat the other team back so much that you are capable of spawn killing. Happens alot on long BC2 games.

well im not saying you said it took skill, but alot of people who have replied are defeding to the death that spawn camping is legit and skill full. which it isnt.

There are many types of spawn camping.

In team slayer games, if you lost map control, it’s your teams fault. You played TEAM slayer, so you suffer regardless of how good you think you are or how unfair you proclaim it. If you don’t like it, play FFA.

In objective, it’s only okay if they are actually doing it to capture the objective, if they are doing it and ignoring the objective, they are -yoinks-. That’s not cool, and it’s not part of the gametype.

If your team has left, and it’s 8 vs 1, and they spawn camp, they are disrespectful players and have no right to any kills they make on you, regardless of gametype, unless you let them know somehow to just kill you and get it over with. I’m not saying they should sit around every time you die to let you get ready, I’m saying they shouldn’t put effort into camping ONE person, as that shows no amount of skill or sportsmanship.

True, this is a game about killing each other, but it is a GAME, not real life, and respect does matter when your bashing your friends head in on The Cage. Even in real war they have respect enough to charge soldiers with crimes if they rape or piss on the enemy. So don’t start waving around the fact that killing each other mean no respect needed, because you sound like a 12 year old that thinks he knows everything after getting his first -Yoink!-.