Spawn AIs in Custom Games/ Firefight Forge

I personally loved firefight in ODST (Didn’t really care for it in Reach but, that is another subject). I was a little disappointed when it didn’t make a return in Halo 4 and I hope for it to return in the future. This got me thinking.

So many great forge features have been added over the last few games. And if you go back to Halo: Custom Edition; there are still people creating some amazing modded content including multiplayer maps with enemy and friendly AI on them. So I thought, wouldn’t it be cool if players could add and control enemy spawn in Forge.

-Forge support could be added for both Firefight and Custom Games Matchmaking.
-It could feature a large variety of UNSC, Covenant, Flood, Promethians,etc.
-Several variables be manipulated about them. (Health, Damage, Team, Friendlyness to other factions, etc)

I think this could add an interesting twist to Custom Games and Firefight. Several featues of these AIs could be manipulated.

Example:

There are two teams, Team A, Team B.

Capture The Flag

Team A is attempting to steal the flag.

Team B is defending. Team B could have one or two small groups of Flood aiding them protect the flag.

This is one of infinte scenarios.

-Random battles between different AI factions could be taking place throughout the map.
-Covenant will constantly pursuing whoever the ball carrier is/Juggernaut.
-One team has AI marines/ODSTs. One team has AI Covenant.

Obviously this could be controlled by the Game type/Map creator and would be limited to only Custom Games (except for maybe an Action Sack Playlist?). I figured if all of these features and forge were combined with Firefight all kinds of cool experiences could be made. Anyways what do you guys think about this?

I liked FF in Reach so I would welcome it back in H5.

> 2533274999277194;2:
> I liked FF in Reach so I would welcome it back in H5.

Yeah, Reach had some good ideas like adding Matchmaking and Custom Games settings. I just feel like Vanilla Firefight it lost the intensity that came along with ODST but thats just me.

I’ve played both ODST’s and Reach’s and missed it with everyone else when it didn’t come back, but maybe with the longer development time they could fit that in? Great ideas!

first of all, Spartan ops, was not a replacement for firefight, it was more like a second campaign that requires Xbox live gold for some reason. I think there should be a way to forge firefight in halo 5: Guardians. like set pelican and phantom trails to drop off enemies, spawn zones for enemies, and structure. I there should also be a way to play as elites, and fight against Spartan IV AI. Yah, i might be wishing for too much, but it’s worth a try. I mean- nothing is going to go wrong for trying.

I would love to create my own firefight maps. It would be amazing to fight the covenant/prometheans/flood/whatever with friends in maps that I created. I don’t know how complicated it would be to add this to a halo game but it would be awesome!

That is actually a really good idea, and it would be awesome if you could create your own maps as well. I was thinking it would also be cool if they brought back playable elites, and maybe even add playable prometheans, so you could join different teams like in Reach firefight and have some epic battles.

Yeah, the more I think about it the more ideas for scenarios and settings that could be done and created. Asking for all of it might be too much to be done but, at the very least we can hope for some of these features.

We need movable objects in custom games!

by this I mean objects that have a set path or motion during the game. It would be relatively EASY, here’s how it could work:

in the settings menu of an object, there would be a spot that says ACTION, once clicking on that it gives you three options ROTATE, GLIDE, and SHAKE. Each option can be manipulated in the forge. And each option can be given specific start times and finish times. I will go in depth with each ones features and options below:

ROTATE:
Start time
Finish time
Start location
End location
Axes direction of rotation
Speed (1-10)

GLIDE:
Start time
Finish time
Start location
End location
Path (can be done by entering points of the map in a series)
Speed (1-10) (which will be directly connected to and changed by start and finish time, as well as vice versa)

Shake:
Start time
End time
Shake scale (1-10)

{For example, if you want a wall to move in custom games after 30 seconds, for a minute you would set glide to activate at 30 seconds and end after 60 seconds}

These things might have one or two complications, but it is something that CAN be done, and would open so many doors for forging, and in result provide the gamers with much more intense and creative gameplay. This is only one of the MANY great suggestions that we want for forge, and I hope that it will be taken into consideration.

I really want to spawn ai in forge you can make so many battles and wars with the ai and watching it is fun as well as getting involved in it

> 2533274846915101;9:
> We need movable objects in custom games!
>
> by this I mean objects that have a set path or motion during the game. It would be relatively EASY, here’s how it could work:
>
> in the settings menu of an object, there would be a spot that says ACTION, once clicking on that it gives you three options ROTATE, GLIDE, and SHAKE. Each option can be manipulated in the forge. And each option can be given specific start times and finish times. I will go in depth with each ones features and options below:
>
> ROTATE:
> Start time
> Finish time
> Start location
> End location
> Axes direction of rotation
> Speed (1-10)
>
> GLIDE:
> Start time
> Finish time
> Start location
> End location
> Path (can be done by entering points of the map in a series)
> Speed (1-10) (which will be directly connected to and changed by start and finish time, as well as vice versa)
>
> Shake:
> Start time
> End time
> Shake scale (1-10)
>
> {For example, if you want a wall to move in custom games after 30 seconds, for a minute you would set glide to activate at 30 seconds and end after 60 seconds}
>
> These things might have one or two complications, but it is something that CAN be done, and would open so many doors for forging, and in result provide the gamers with much more intense and creative gameplay. This is only one of the MANY great suggestions that we want for forge, and I hope that it will be taken into consideration.

That’s seriously not a bad idea either, these things could also probably be used to make come pretty cool machinima.