Spatial audio design feedback

First off, excuse my english. I’m norwegian and english isn’t my strong suit. Also I play on PC with a Logitech headset. Maybe this isn’t as big of a deal if you play on Xbox with sound from TV speakers. I used to play all of the old Halo games on xbox 360 back in the day, and have played a good amount of MCC on PC where I don’t have a problem with audio as much as I do in Halo Infinite.
With that out of the way…
I dont understand the “surround” pan’ing of sound in this game at all. Gunshots, rockets, even warthogs behind me is deafeningly quiet. The umf and low end of everything gets completely cut from the audio mix, and the range of audible sound is way too short.
I see a lot of feedback regarding the range of the motion tracker not reaching far enough, but the real problem in my opinion is the bad spatial audio design in this game. It doesn’t inform the player anything about what is going on around the map, like at all. Sound of footsteps is almost non-existent. Other shooters where footsteps is clearly audible doesn’t have the same problem of enemy players suddenly being all up in your face blasting away at you with an assault rifle with almost no way to tell (audio wise) that they are close by. For me this hurts the experience so much that I almost just want to play another game. It is impossible for me to make a mental picture of whats going on around me based on sound compared to other shooters that I’ve played. It honestly surprises me that this isn’t talked more about here on reddit and on the halo waypoint forums. Pleeease 343 at least make footsteps louder!!<3
Gunshots from players, and a 1000hp warthoug should be more audible behind my back, or around a corner of a big rock. Not just when I’m looking straight at it…